Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Works Jeans

Options
  • 12-09-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Remember that mindless craze?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What were we thinking...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think there was a thread on "X-WORX" jeans a month or two ago here.

Yes, they were dreadful things, though I never liked them and never bought a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

OMG!! Can't believe I actually forgot about them. But tbh I am probably trying to repress the memory

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

.........we don't need to remember these articles of clothes!! Yuk yuk yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What are X Works jeans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

X WORX with NAFF jackets.......the shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Oh god my dad used always buy those bloody yokes for work , flips sake!!

Oh god those naff jackets jesus H christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm really curious, about these jeans. Google doen't provide any images. What were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

LOLOLOL!!!
    This was the funniest ever!!!
    X-Works (pronounced "X-Wurrrrrrrks") and then NAFF.
    I think we came to the conclusion, in the schoolyard, that NAFF stood for "Nackers Asking For Food"..... (yeah, I know theres no K)
    These were the chav articles of clothing for yester-year.
    thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I remember my first and only pair... thought i was the feckin' biz-nesss! :D

kNackers Asking For Food Caravan NO. 54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i was quiet young when these came out but hell nearly all of us had a pair and a few at that as well , there was also a another brand called ecilspe anyone remember them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Nightwish wrote:
    kNackers Asking For Food Caravan NO. 54

Oh jesus!! I nearly forgot all about those Jackets!! Nightwish?! Was that saying a southside thing or what? I remember all the kids in school slagging those poor bastids everyday with that saying! LEGEND! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

F*ck X-Works I was hardcore with my Eclipse Jeans man!! ;) Had the Lil DJ dude on my ass to boot! :p

The baggy jeans revolution pioneers!

Ry

AlienGav wrote:
    Oh jesus!! I nearly forgot all about those Jackets!! Nightwish?! Was that saying a southside thing or what? I remember all the kids in school slagging those poor bastids everyday with that saying! LEGEND! :D

Southside? I'm from Kilkenny my darling. We had that saying down here too, you know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Haha...X-Worx, with the handle thing on the side of the leg!! WTF was the for? :D

On a typical day in the 90's I wore those Jeans, my eclipse T-Shirt with the yellow smiley face on the front, my curtain hairstyle and listening to "No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No ,No No, No, No, there's no limit!" by Gena-G on my walkman!!

Haha :D

Thanks for the memory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

DubGuy wrote:
    Haha...X-Worx, with the handle thing on the side of the leg!! WTF was the for? :D

On a typical day in the 90's I wore those Jeans, my eclipse T-Shirt with the yellow smiley face on the front, my curtain hairstyle and listening to "No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No ,No No, No, No, there's no limit!" by Gena-G on my walkman!!

Haha :D

Thanks for the memory!

Are you sure wasn't 2 Unlimited you were listening to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Surely someone has some embarrasing pics hidden around somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    Are you sure wasn't 2 Unlimited you were listening to :D

Haha..That'd be the one! ;)

Then who the **** is Gina-G?? :confused:

DubGuy wrote:
    Haha..That'd be the one! ;)

Then who the **** is Gina-G?? :confused:
    Didnt she sing "oh ah, just a little bit" for the UK in the Eurovision?!?!
    The thought of someone singing that wearing X-work jeans is scary.... very scary indeed!!
    More likely 2-Unlimited or Scooter!... or maybe the Outhere Brothers.... "I say boom boom boom... let me hear ya say wwwayooh! wwaayyoohh!"
    Or better yet... Kriss Kross!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tut Tut, its just you kids, no appreciaton for fashion!
    Loved baggy gear, remember in 90 a guy came into lecture hall in college with a pair on, everyone was fascinated, then I went to Sligo to study nursing the whole thing took off, Naff Jackets, Joe Bloggs jeans, X-Works came a little later, but the Joe Bloggs stuff was great, Georgio Armani tops, Big White Trainers! Sweet, as for the music, still have most of my cassettes from the time, Heavy D and the Boyz, PM Dawn, the Deep Heat series, Prodigy, Kriss Kross, DJ Jazzy Jeff and teh Fresh Prince etc, looking for an Altern8 cd if anyone has one! They were the days! Before the dark times, before fatherhood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

reading this thread brought back a few memories. I never wore bloggs or naff or x works, cos even back then we thought they were tacky! myself and two mates used to model ourslelves after "Parker lewis cant lose" so it was paisley shirts, baggy slacks and air jordans when we got dressed up the school disco, i'd be rocking my KLF or EMF t shirts with pride, we thought the compliation "rave 92" on cassete was deadly with SL2 and the prodigy on it, then nirvana hit and that was all she wrote...it was jeans and flannell shirts and pearl jam haircuts all the way!

jaysus turning 30 in a weeks time brings it all back....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

XWorks, petro Motion and Eclipse. Deary me.

myself and two mates used to model ourslelves after "Parker lewis cant lose"
    wow!! This may need a thread all by itself!
    Syncronise watches!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Swatches bud, swatches.

Coolness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

X-WORX are so old....they've even stopped wearing them down the bog, unless someone can prove me wrong.

p10102392gb.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

PETRO MOTION LOL!

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

anyone rember eclipspe jeans!!? like xworks but without the handle on the side. Also i can rember around the time, fruit of the loom sweatshirts were very in..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But isn't skateboardin' styles the same bloody thing as all that baggy goodness of yesteryear, sure the labels have changed but the look is pretty similar.
    If you have a wander around TKMaxx you will see a lot of the USA clothing lines are still in that 90's frame of mind, Ecko, Phat farm etc, lots of baggy jeans with oddly positioned pockets and straps. Still comfy though! The Antifit stuff now isn't a million miles away either, although the ass of your britches isn't down at your ankles, while the waistband is at your hips.

Used to get all that stuff in Hairy Legs on Talbot st or Liffey St, what do they sell now?

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Used to get all that stuff in Hairy Legs on Talbot st or Liffey St, what do they sell now?
    Susst, Nope and Cinch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

You weren't cool unless you know what the extra pockets on X-Works were for!! You had a long one for your "chisel" and then the strap for your "hammer" . . .

Yes that's what I was told, and yes that's what I believed . . :D .

Advertisement