Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Fancy Dress Party 2005-10-29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

For a lazy git like myself where can i get tickets I have meh costume >.< , or will i just turn up and pay on the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Asok wrote:
    For a lazy git like myself where can i get tickets I have meh costume
    Ah now Asok, read the thread:
    Talliesin wrote:
    Glen in Adonis (the piercing place in Miss Fantasia, go into Miss Fantasia and then go down to the back of the shop) has tickets for sale.
    Asok wrote:
    or will i just turn up and pay on the night?
    Talliesin wrote:
    There should be plenty of tickets at the door.

I would ask anyone who could do so to get them in advance though, since that means our expenses are covered as they arrive without having to borrow from my own limited funds (we've the late-license paid for and shall be arranging that soon, still some food to pay for though).

Sleep deprivation be a cruel mistress, my apologies. See you on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I should be along for a bit...

I'll bring my pet monkey too...

be sure to say hello to the man with the monkey...

Monkeys are allowed, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well if they let you in then, all I can say is yes :P I'll be there tonight too man, be sure to say hello to your fellow podcast buddy in the trekkie uniform ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Oh, I'm so excited!!

haha.

Running late, and yet, still find time to post here.

It's a great night already so it is.

Gonna buy batteries for my camera so everyone prepare for me to flash the camera at you!

So eh what time are people heading down to this shin dig?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

8ish.

I'm gonna get a taxi, feck it. Means I can wear the getup and dont have to rush as much.

Sitting in a net café as we speak waiting for people to turn up, with erm, 45 minutes to go lol. There's 4 of us here tapping away on pcs. The Geekdom Elite.

Damn that was one good night. Great to see a fair few boardsies in the flesh, and get hammered with them all :P. Nothing like the site of a Starfleet Officer dueling with 2 Jedi Warriors with an 18th Century Prostitute as my hostage.

Pics will be posted soon.

• Advertisement

Well the party made a grand profit of €37.97 and a spool of string, which shall be donated to Féile Draíochta the next time I see Barbara or Lora and have €37.97 and a spool of string on me (i.e. soon).

I for one had a good (if tiring) time and would be happy even if I had been out of pocket on it.

Everyone else said they had a great time, and hopefully they weren't just being nice and humouring me.

Next year it shall be bigger and better than before, and you've all got plenty of time to plan your costumes.

I have a year to think of something more outrageous to wear, but have promised* several people that if I'm wearing such a short skirt again I shall not mosh to Rage Against the Machine.

Because we couldn't agree on who would win first and second fancy-dress prize, joint first prize went to Barbara Lee (Medusa) and Jessica Connors/Jesjes (traditional 16th century Irish garb). Runners-up prizes went to someone who I must apologise to for forgetting his name, I think it was Achilles (Star Trek officer, won the prize for having the perfect hair style) and Con Connors (for dressing like Con Connors and still not looking out of place).

Many thanks to my co-organiser poeticseraphim, my press-ganged-on-the-day assistant tSubh Dearg, Gavin Morrison for his music equipment and for tolerating my disappearing three times while he was trying to work out out to get it plugged into the bar's amp, Barbara Lee for forgetting to bring the cash-box I asked to borrow and hence compelling me to use my stocking to amusing/horrifying effect, everyone who brought CDs at the last moment when a disaster afflicted the planned music, House of Astrology for giving me the runners-up prizes on the house, Jesjes and Glen Powell for selling tickets, Dublin South FM, the An Fainné list, the An Fainné moots and Boards.ie for helping me promote it, and everyone who came and drunk enough that I should get my deposit back.

*However this promise was not a sworn oath. Really it's my discovering I am to old/unfit to mosh any more that will save you from the sight. Pray that I do not take up jogging in the meantime!

16th century :P

I have pics too, but a **** connection atm, damn IBB!!

Great craic, a success. It can only get better from here on out!

Jesjes wrote:
    16th century :P
    Was it not 16th Century?

It was. Steve got it wrong. :)

Nice post Jon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I dont care if it was 18th, or 16th,I liked the fact that there was lots of breasts, and lots to be seen.

Oh yeah, hurry up with the freakin' pics people!!!!

Dathai wrote:
    I dont care if it was 18th, or 16th,I liked the fact that there was lots of breasts, and lots to be seen.

Oh yeah, hurry up with the freakin' pics people!!!!
    ****e, mine were visible through my uniform?!

Mine are quite away in all those pics I'll have you know. A nice young dignified lady such as myself would never ever be seen showing too much flesh! Well, at least not in any of my own pics!

Daithaí, I have a pic of your missus showing some leg! The sooner they're up the better, eh?!!

Ooh! JesJes, you were all about the flesh the other night, myself and the missus were loving it :D
    I think I'll have the exposing stuff for myself thank you :D

Jesjes wrote:
    It was. Steve got it wrong. :)
    I think he was referring to tSubh's costume (though I think he still got it wrong, if memory serves she was meant to be an 19th Century prostitute, not 18th Century).

Ohh good god, I was holding SOMEONE hostage in the picture. It was Jes, you were meant to be some kind of prostitute right? If not then erm... sorry heh.

*edit*

None of the photos have been emailed to me yet by the Jedi guy who was there or from a friend of mine so someone, get photos online NOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sorry I couldn't make it...

It was just so miserable out on Saturday night.

I did get to put my costume to good use last night though... It's really funny when people go to the kitchen to get sweets and leave their hall door open and you just wander into their living room and they start screaming.

I love Halloween.

Achilles wrote:
    Ohh good god, I was holding SOMEONE hostage in the picture. It was Jes, you were meant to be some kind of prostitute right? If not then erm... sorry heh.
    Jes was the 16th Century Irish girl whose virtue was not called into question.
    tSubh Dearg was the 19th Century prostitute (the one with the skirt pinned up so you could see her bloomers was the prostitute).

Talliesin wrote:
    Jes was the 16th Century Irish girl whose virtue was not called into question.
    tSubh Dearg was the 19th Century prostitute (the one with the skirt pinned up so you could see her bloomers was the prostitute).
    Right well. Hell all I know is both sets of boobies were shown. Besides telling people i was holding an 19th century prostitute hostage whilst battling off two jedi sounds more fun :P

Just two. Thanks to regi.

:)

The first one was great, it just went down hill from then on :P

I have a few pics from the night that a mate of mine took, won't post them up tho untill I have the ones from another guy that was there too, we took loads of pics with his camera. Still waiting for them to be emailed. There's a few pics in there too of us when we went to Bruxelles afterwards. I actually met a lovely blue alien lady there who came up to me the minute she saw my uniform, her hands were all over me, begging me not to shoot her....

That..... was quite fun. Ohh and erm, I've already photoshopped some of the Lightsaber and Phaser Fire shots ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭the real ramon

Hi people,

had a great night all-in-all (I was the crazy geneticist/scientist guy).

wished I could have been more involved now looking back on it, but I'm fairly quiet in new/newish company (Have to find a nice gothy Witch to magic-spell thingie that out of me, either that or just dive in in future - better chance of finding a nice gothy witch!).

sorry to bail on yez Achilles at the end of the night, it just seemed four had a better chance of a taxi than five!

TTFN
    The real Ramon

PS
    A 19th C prostitute... missed that!

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jesjes/AnFainnesHalloweenNightOut/

half of the pics dont work, and the thumbs dont exsist, but tehre are some online, I SWEAR!

Silly computer. I will fix it when the nerd comes back.

Dammit I knew somebody had taken a pic of me and my ROMULAN ALE. Ohh and it's spelt Ferengi, ya big non nerd! Some of your comments about me on there tho are very hurtful Jes! *sniff*

Ohhh and, weird doctor guy, don't worry about bailing on us, we did manage to get a taxi almost right after you left so you were the maytr of the night who saved us all :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭the real ramon

Ohhh and, weird doctor guy, don't worry about bailing on us, we did manage to get a taxi almost right after you left so you were the maytr of the night who saved us all :P[/QUOTE]

a martyr.. on a Pagan forum!.... hmmm...

Advertisement