Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's who

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fondeli

Hi, I actually joined boards.ie a few years ago, but only lately came back.
    I love knitting, have been knitting since 2007. Last summer I got into making stitch markers, so I am now loving beading!

I also have a website: http://fondelifair.com. I have spent the past few months developing it. Please let me know what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Hello, I'm Conor. I mostly do oil paintings and occasionally watercolours, and also drawing and some charcoal and pastels work. I'm on deviantART, my username is Nailer64.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mucklow

Hi I was on holidays in the US a number of years ago and seen a guy chainsaw carving a six foot bear .I was hooked right away . So when I came home started to read about carving and and learned the basics . I then when to the states to learn and am now carving when ever I can ,just finished a large bear holding a welcome sign at my house . Dont know anybody else doing this type of carving ,if you know of any let me know ,as I would like to make contact.
    cheers Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

mucklow wrote: »
    Hi I was on holidays in the US a number of years ago and seen a guy chainsaw carving a six foot bear .I was hooked right away . So when I came home started to read about carving and and learned the basics . I then when to the states to learn and am now carving when ever I can ,just finished a large bear holding a welcome sign at my house . Dont know anybody else doing this type of carving ,if you know of any let me know ,as I would like to make contact.
    cheers Mick

There is someone doing this type of stuff around Tralee area I'd say, there are some fab and huge carvings in Ballyseedy woods here. I think he goes by the name of Solomon cos there's a few posters around the place there.

Caros wrote: »
    There is someone doing this type of stuff around Tralee area I'd say, there are some fab and huge carvings in Ballyseedy woods here. I think he goes by the name of Solomon cos there's a few posters around the place there.
    Thanks Carlos ,when I'm down that way will have a look.
    cheers Mick

• Advertisement

I go walking there a couple of times a week, next time I'll bring my camera and put up a pic if you like and get his phone number.

Caros wrote: »
    I go walking there a couple of times a week, next time I'll bring my camera and put up a pic if you like and get his phone number.
    That would be great thanks Carlos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sunflower60

Hi All,

New to this website so have been busy reading all the posts lol! I am planning on starting Art and Craft Classes for children aged between 4-6 years in the next couple of weeks. They will be on a Saturday morning from 10am to 12pm. I am living in Rathcoole, Co Dublin so if anyone wishes their children to attend pm me and I'll reply.

Also reading the discussions on the best places to shop for supplies and Evans seems to be the best - can anyone give me precise directions to it? I can only remember going to Kennedys and O'Sullivans when I was in college but even then they were a bit on the pricey site!

Any feedback and ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cri245

Hi! Have you already started with the art class? nice greets
    Christina

Hi christina no havent started yet kicking off next saturday have been out today buying supplies lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cri245

Hello again
    :) I haven't noticed the date you've written the first posting. sorry.

Ah no probs kicking off sat 4th june an every sat thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi there!

Welcome to Boards and welcome to the Arts and Crafts forum! There are a number of stickies (threads that are stuck and are in bold) on the top of the forum home page, including shops for supplies and a thread for events etc.

I am moving your thread to the who's who thread - where all newcomers say hello and explain what they do.

Also - please read the charter which outlines the do's and don'ts of the forum!

Best of luck,

Cork_girl

Hi i'm new to this as u can c and havent found my way around site yet! Thanks so much fot pointing me in right direction will have to read the rules best regards

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Hi All,

Always felt the need to create things - have done card making, scrap booking and now starting sewing again after a 12 year break. Some great threads here and obviously some people who really know their stuff!

Want to try make some clothes as I find it hard to get clothes to fit me perfectly and hope to get to a level that I can make most things for myself :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Hi all,

I mostly do acrylic paintings. Have done wildlife paintings in the past, but getting more into abstract these days.

I’ve also dabbled with pencil, (water)colour pencils, oils, watercolours, jewellery making (beads), card making, calligraphy and candle making (rolled using sheets of beeswax). I’d love to do more with oils, but don’t really have the proper space to do it in at the moment.

I only did art up until the leaving cert. I considering doing it in college, but ended up going down the science route instead. I’ve tried to keep up the artwork on the side though!

I’ve applied to display some of my stuff at the peoples art exhibition around Stephens green in August, which I only did once before a couple of years ago. So I’m very excited about that and trying to get some new stuff done on time! If anyone else knows of other places for amateur/part-time artists to display their work in Dublin I’d be interested in any information :)

mucklow wrote: »
    Thanks Carlos ,when I'm down that way will have a look.
    cheers Mick

Sent you a pm with the pics of the wood carving at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Done a few pieces of etched glasswork, flower arrangements, watercolors, pen & ink illustrations and hand lettering projects.
    Nothing fancy. I love creative endeavors. ...Wish I were better at photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Getting back into doing crochet to give my hands something other than housework and job-hunting to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John morition

Hi everyone,

I'm John morition, new member to this forum. I am a regular reader of the forum. I found this forum very informative and hope I can gain some valuable suggestions and knowledge by participating on discussion here. Hope all members will be cooperative with me.

Best Regards.
    John morition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

I dream't to be a painter(even not famous), i wanna create a masterpiece using all kinds of mediums that can be use.hihi:D ...for now i'm busy doing my miniature out of soap:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Hey :)
    Name's Mad, I turn my hand at sketching/painting but lately have been putting my sewing machine to the junkyard with all the dressmaking/freehand machine embroidering I've been doing! If anyone's interested in a personalised logo or image I can help you out, shame really that more people aren't into it as it's really great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

Hello,

My name is Milda.

I do handmade jewellery and accesssories. I love SF and F books and movies.

:D And I am addicted to coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 osb1

Hi,

I am trying to re-learn knitting. first learned when i was about 7! So far i have a book, one pair of needles and one ball of wool.
    Hopefuly this forum will be usefull for tips,websites etc. :)

I also do a bit of sewing, maybe there'll be a few threads that will inspire me to do a bit more of that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rosegurl

Hello to all....

I am new to this forum and thought I'd pop in here and state some of the things I have done in the past and things I would love to learn.

I have sewn clothing, machine embroidery, needlepoint, crocheting, tole painting, oil, and acrylic painting. I would love to learn to sculpt, carve, and do quilting.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Power Chords

I'm Karl, I paint large scale Expressionist pieces, most of them start around 6ft by 4ft and smaller Abstracts in all shapes and sizes. I use oil, acrylic and spray paint. From Dublin and, eh... Yeah. I stuck one of my paintings on that 'your art page'. Thanks. I don't really know what else to say here so I'll go with HELLO.

Hello everyone - nice of you to post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Hi Guys - my name is Aine and I'm both an artist and art teacher.

I am part of a group called This Is Collective and basically we are a multidisciplinary artists group but we work collaboratively, within the public sphere - so we do everything from once off projects with a particular community or group to long-term residency type things in an area etc.

I love teaching art, particularly drawing and project work and visual diaries. The notebook is KING! i teach kids and adults of all ages and i facilitate workshops and projects aswell.

I work in installation, video, sound, I love photography (although dont ask me what aperture actually means), textiles, drawing (although im v out of practice) and the work I do tends to have a playful and sometimes funny aspect to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ArthurAdamson

I like Pointillism.

Check this out, easiest way to describe it:

http://www.facebook.com/Pointillism

• Advertisement

I like Pointillism.

Check this out, easiest way to describe it:

Please do not post just to promote your page. This is the second post today.. by all means post work on here, just read the charter :)

Advertisement