Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality cheap beers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 quattfa3

byte wrote:
    Yeah, it's good stuff. Bergadler it's called.

One day, I bought 50 of them for €25 (they were loose but put in an apple box). Best spend ever! :)

That's a lovely beer. Nice taste, twist off tops, 500Ml bottles, cheaper than chips and a relatively small price to pay the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Tuborg gets another vote here, very popular in Europe too as i found out on the train going from Nuremburg to Prague they had cans of super Tuborg 8%! :D

Fink gets another vote for cheap as chips beer, if you can handle the particularly bad hangovers they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

The Tesco cheap stubbies are disgusting, undrinkable even when cold (quite an achievement!)
    The Dunnes ones aren't half-bad though.

My recommendation is Labbat Ice - extremely tasty when chilled!
    Other good ones (mostly mentioned above) are Grolsch, Warstiener and Tuborg

I recommend not touching Rolling Rock with a very long pole indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

i only usually drink from bottles. cans are piss. and the stella is crap - bottle or can. its brewed in england and tates nothing like the real stuff in belgium. the english cant brew lager, worse than us even.

so for my taste the best value beer by a mile in ireland is bergadler from lidl.
    when i saw lidl in germany recently i noticed the germans were buying tons of the stuff. and they like their beer!
    warsteiner is a good deal now at 1€ for a 33cl. biggest selling beer in germany.
    superquinn are also doing cases of san miguel and nastro for 24€. good quality stuff, although the san miguel is stronger than normal beer and too tasty to stop! beware

all we need now is for a brewery in ireland to start doing real beer on draught so we can stop puking up on all this chemical pish like bud, heineken etc etc.

Advertisement