Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For

Options
  • 26-08-2005 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

Sin City 2

Robert Rodriguez started Pre-production

I can’t wait for Sin City 2, after watching the first one on the big screen and reading the books prier, it's the one for 2006.
    but what I’m really glad of is that they are doing a prequel instead of a sequel. Dame to kill for is a prequel to The Hard Goodbye; I also hope that they make a third one, Family Values, which takes place after the first movie. Regardless I’m just so happy that Mickey Rourke will be in it, as he is a great actor and his store line in the first one blew me away, brilliantly done Rourke.

What are your thoughts?
    :confused:
    SinCity-Poster4.jpg2

http://www.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=8782

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I honestly didn't care for the first one. Maybe I was just in a bad mood or the wrong frame of mind (as I remember I was a bit fried after a birthday party piss-up the night before) but I just didn't give a toss about anyone onscreen.

It looked nice but I didn't see much in the way of characters, actually interesting story or plot.. just an incoherant guide to killing things in a highly styalised manner.

I see what they were doing in keeping as close to the comics (which I haven't read, but flicked through; the imagary is almost exactly the same) as humanly possible, so I'm sure it was great for fans to see, but apart form that I really didn't think it had much merit.

Am I alone here? Sould I just go and watch it again maybe, in a better frame of mind?

I was disapointed anyway because I usualy enjoy these sorts of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Goodshape wrote:
    Sould I just go and watch it again maybe, in a better frame of mind?

Each and to there own mate, me and the girl friend went to the cinema not expecting much from the film, but I personally thought the best part of it was the Mickey Rourke’s bit-.

I would watch it again with a couple of beers and see if you think differently this time around, because ether way it’s not shot like all those other films that's out there..

Ps- Sounds like you had a good night out at that party..Kinda what I’d do, Drink loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep, due to hit cinemas before summer 2006. That's the great thing about Rodriguez; efficient and time-effective. The only confirmed source material is A Dame To Kill for which is a cool story. There's a lot of talk about Sin City 2 and 3 being done back-to-back. I'd love if they did To Hell And Back, that could be a film of it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Goodshape wrote:
    I honestly didn't care for the first one. Maybe I was just in a bad mood or the wrong frame of mind (as I remember I was a bit fried after a birthday party piss-up the night before) but I just didn't give a toss about anyone onscreen.

It looked nice but I didn't see much in the way of characters, actually interesting story or plot.. just an incoherant guide to killing things in a highly styalised manner.

I see what they were doing in keeping as close to the comics (which I haven't read, but flicked through; the imagary is almost exactly the same) as humanly possible, so I'm sure it was great for fans to see, but apart form that I really didn't think it had much merit.

Am I alone here? Sould I just go and watch it again maybe, in a better frame of mind?

I was disapointed anyway because I usualy enjoy these sorts of things.
    Nope, you ain't alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I thought it was pretty good. I had some issues with bits of it ok, but overall I enjoyed it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Nope, you ain't alone.
    Ditto.

I did enjoy it, I just didn't think it was that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

I really enjoyed it. I blanked out the hype so my hopes were not sky high before hand, which prob helped. its worth a second film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Paddy100

I loved Sin City. I thought it was different to anything i've seen in ages. Mickey Rourke was brilliant in it and i hope he signs up for the second one. I didnt mind the volience in the film which is something alot of people complained about but i thought the film was brilliantly shot and i cant wait for the second and third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Nice, I didn't know they'd announced a prequel. Have to say I hadn't heard much about Sin City until I actually saw it, but I thought it was great. Miss Alba is gonna be busy with more Sin City and F4 movies to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Geiger wrote:
    F4 movies
    If the next one is as good as the last, they probably won't be making too many more...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If the next one is as good as the last, they probably won't be making too many more...
    Please God.

Well....as much as I didn't enjoy F4, maybe with the origin out of the way I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt......

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Well....as much as I didn't enjoy F4, maybe with the origin out of the way I'd be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt......
    Indeed.

More explosions and less invisible Jessica Alba. Really now, you don't hire Jessica Alba to make her invisible, they should have just gotten Roseanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

It will probably be another cash in.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Brilliant film, looking forward to the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

CuLT wrote:
    ...they should have just gotten Roseanne.

Hahaha, lmao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I think this says it all. :D

Oh Penny-Arcade. You slay me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

film of the year for me.

Bring on 2 and 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

I can honestly say that Sin City was one of the best films I've seen in a long while, can't wait to see the 2nd! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I cant wait to see Sin City, I will rent out the movie, I hear its meant to be briliant, And a second will be even cooler :) It should be out for rent end of september, I'll rent it then ;)

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote:
    I cant wait to see Sin City, I will rent out the movie, I hear its meant to be briliant, And a second will be even cooler :) It should be out for rent end of september, I'll rent it then ;)

Nick
    Thanks for all the input. ;)

The release date on sin city is the 26th of September. And I’m sure the DVD is going to have loads of extras.

_Turismo4 wrote:
    Thanks for all the input. ;)

The release date on sin city is the 26th of September. And I’m sure the DVD is going to have loads of extras.
    26th is the sale date, should be out for rent around the 20th or so. But prepared to be disappointed, because this version will have just a single solitary 8 and a half minute featurette, Rodriguez is saving the good stuff for a super edition at the end of this year/start of next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Hated the 1st film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Franky Boy wrote:
    Hated the 1st film.

Care to explain why?

26th is the sale date, should be out for rent around the 20th or so. But prepared to be disappointed, because this version will have just a single solitary 8 and a half minute featurette, Rodriguez is saving the good stuff for a super edition at the end of this year/start of next.
    They usually rent and release at the same time, but I’ll take you word on it.
    As for the super edition coming out at the end of the year, Well, that doesn’t surprise me as it’s just another way to make more money..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Franky Boy wrote:
    Hated the 1st film.
    Strange... the first thing i thought of when i saw your nick was 'Sin City'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

basquille wrote:
    Strange... the first thing i thought of when i saw your nick was 'Sin City'! :D

Isn't that quote from American Splendour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Stain Boy

The first was one of the best movies I have ever had the pleasure of seeing, and I do say this as a very particular movie lover.

Of course many may have different opinions on how good the movie is but I defy anyone to tell me of a more faithful adaption of anything else to the big screen.

If you loved this movie you will love the graphic novels. if you loved the graphic novels you will love the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'm very much looking forward to it. Sin City has been my favourite film so far this year, which is saying somthing as 2005 as been a great year for movies. A Dame To Kill For is my favourite of the graphic novels, so the next one shuld be all kinds of fun. It should anger the crowds that foolishly called Sin City sexist even more than the others though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

qz wrote:
    Care to explain why?

I would love to actually.

First of all the dialogue was weak......very weak.
    The acting was far too forced and The celebrity cast didn't do it many favors.
    It was like they thought the film was going to be **** unless they had high payed celebrity faces on screen.

It was a **** plot too.The film pissed me off, it was trying to be too much.
    Most of the people I know who liked it......liked it because of the colour thrown in and they didn't even understand why!
    Also others just loved it for it's violence.

Advertisement