Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brendan Fahy '04

• 26-08-2005 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I did Archaeology B in Session 2 2004, and have regretted the course choice ever since. Some of you may remember me. I dressed as a hobo for the fancy-dress disco, but apparently needn't have tried, and looked like one anyway. I stole the Film Appreciation sign and put in my window, writing "YEAH!" underneath it, and later switched it for a picture of a dolphin with "DOLPHIN APPRECIATION! YEAH!" written on it. I also coined the name of "Bish" for my RA, Brian McArdle. Actually, it was originally "Bishop", but we abbreviated it.

Other than that... I don't know. I talked to people. I had fun. I only got one year out of CTYI, being too old this year to go, but I had a lot of fun, and wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

You ruled Brendan!
    Best hobo ever! You were most definitly missed this year, and even though you probably dont remember me,(We talked outside Easons in Galway once, where you told me that Im not your cousin, something which I had only suspected up till that point), I can safely say, I will always maintain my belief in etc........,
    Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

brendan, you came to athlone and had a blow up hammer and archery set, that was cool, you should come again soon, btw i have a piece of that hammer on my notice board, we found it in the park afterwards. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

woot brendan you were the best! what with your wonderful hoboness and kneeling in front of me in case i'd smite you

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

hope you made it home ok, no thanks to my crap directions.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Hey Brendan! It's G!!
    You might know me better as the cleavage in which to throw M&M's down..As does Guy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Dude you rock
    ~Pierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Brendan dear, you missed dinner again yesterday. And there was lipstick on your collar. Wait, was I the man or were you? ...

Anyway, go you. Go you a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Thank you, all of you. You are all cool. Some of you, almost as cool as me *nods sagely*

I enjoy your admirations, and will make sure to return the favour. s. Now bring it on! Let's see some more noise! More posts, more pages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

You have very hobotastic facial hair, for which i tip my hat to you good sir, or, I would if I had a hat, which I dont..........and that's the moral, always wear a hat because you never know when Brendan might grow facial hair........ yeah.

Err.... Thank you.... I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Hi! I met you on Saturday! I'm Daithí the six foot tall leprechaun who hung about with Shiney and Elaine insisted that you wer Michael in disguise! :) By the way you look more like Jesus than a hobo to me! And I should know there's a sixth year in my school who insists on calling me Jesus! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

Hey Brendan, it's Dylan. Remember me?
    I'm disappointed that you didn't stay in Dublin on Saturday :(
    Oh well, some other time. Although you missed hours of Fawlty Towers and Online Poker on a widescreen plasma TV.
    Anyway, to the REAL point of this post: Brendan, You Are The Coolest Person In The World. Ever.
    Notice how I capitalised every word? Of course you do, you're Brendan. Well, this has been a nice post. Actually it's been painful (I've got blisters from too much guitaring in too short a time) but oddly enjoyable. Keep in touch dude :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

I remember you! You forgot my name in the Name Game in '04! But I forgave you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

I remember you! You forgot my name in the Name Game in '04! But I forgave you...
    04!!!
    ...but that would mean...
    im thoughorly confused.
    i dont remember you from 04.

I was more unremarkable then than ever so if you did remember me I'd be surprised.

I don't recognize this person whose name I forgot. At least, not in this guise. I don't remember whose names I forgot, except for Allisa. I forgot who I forgot. Anyone care to help me out?

Who is Per Liefsonson?

EDIT: Alright, I stopped being so lazy and looked it up on this here board. Found it, too. I remember you, David of Syria. I remember you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I was more unremarkable then than ever so if you did remember me I'd be surprised.

Wow, we had a Dave Boylan then?

And on a that note, I award Brendan 8points for being great.

I'm from Syria? Anyway, thou didst rock muchly!

I'm sorry you had to find out this way, your father and I were going to tell you when you were old enough, we swear, but you are in fact from Syria.

Go Brendan you sexy beast! Muchos thanks for the ego boosting Bebo quiz thing... ;)

End transmission.

• Advertisement

Thou art welcomed, and a grateful thank you to you too for your kind comment(s).

As regards being from Syria: Hey, it could be worse. You could be from.. oh, i don't know, HELL. That'd suck. Or Neptune. Then you wouldn't even know any of us. Unless... hey, I just got an idea...

Is that Hell, the town in Heaven, or Hell the country?

Hell yeah.

Well put Brendan dear... For your charm you get a present.... Fancy a Wilson...?:rolleyes:

What the HELL is a Wilson and why is everyone talking about them now?!

Because they're sexy!!! You know you want one...;)

No thanks, I've given up Wilsons for Lent. That and random murderous killing sprees. I'm not sure it's possible to have a killing spree that isn't murderous, but that was my prescription from God, so I'll stick to it.

Killing is bad... and wrong... there should be a new, stronger word to describe kiling... like badwrong, or baddong. Yes! Killing is baddong! And from this day forth, I will stand for the opposite of killing... gnoddab!

My God...Only a college student would have so much time... :P

Correction, only an ARTS student. Or someone who's seen Kung Pow.

• Advertisement

Is it a compliment from G or a slur from everyone else that you're the only one posting on this thread any more? Besides me, that is.

Advertisement