Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jcoote & baggio

Options
  • 25-08-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

this uis really pimpin baggio but anyway came across this last night and thought i'd ask what y'all thought of it???

this is just me and the great baggio (din de din din) jammin..bear in mind it was like his 2nd time behind a kit in 10 years and i was ****e...but its a bit different and still kicks a most drummers asses imo

http://members.boards.ie/jcoote/14%20Pyramids.zip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Baggio does love his wuhans, eh?

So this is what ye got up to? Nice, would've liked it to rock out of a while but that's just me. You got any more? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

have loads a stuff but the idea behind that was to keep it atmospheric and ethnic cos everyone else rocks up that kinda stuff...i'm sure baggio will talk forever about this one :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You sure like your delay, don't ya jcoote :p I'd love to hear Baggio playing YYZ though.

yeah delay is a must for shizzle thats actually a boss rv-3 doin the job there...thats sonme time ago..YYZ he's ****e at it he can't even do the ride bell intro :p...he plays it on the wuhans :D ...no its quite something...someday u guys will here his drum solo...

Pfft, bell intro :rolleyes: :p

Wuhans? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

x 2.

Wuhans? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Ah, cymbals.

Never heard the name "Wuhan"....sounds like evil Lord Wuhan of the Sith or something...i'll stick to guitars (and get my coat). :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They're baggio's secret brand of chinese china cymbals :D

i'll post up another 1 at some stage with some wuhanery in it...savage cymbals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well well,
    ...so THIS is what yu lot get up to eh? :p ..well what can I say..yeahh was 10 years before this since I did anything, but thanx to Johnny and his persistance well I had to take the stix up again. :)
    This tune???..well I was in a weired train of thought, had this idea of creating a tune based on the desert!..yeahh all the middle east stuff was in the news, and the drum pattern was my own creation, but was inspired by an ad for holidays in Turkey,, I just luved that add and how the ethnic pattern rolled along.
    So basically decided to try a tune based around the kind of "caravan across the desert" type theme,,,the offbeats on the Wuhan 18"china and the K Zildjian 19 Dark China, really represent the scorching of the sun, so added atmosphere to the whole thing, and we wanted Johnnys simple dreamy notes to drift over it all like those heatwaves yu see on so many desert inspired films as they drift on the horizon,.,,so there ya have it..its really an atmospheric piece, but I wanted the drum parts to mean something not just be a showing off thing....make any of you guys think of that type of scene??..did for me anyway:)
    Yeah Wuhan China's are THE best china's in the business and also veryy cheap compared to Zildjian, Sabian or Paiste or any of the big names, Mr Peart himself always used them for years even when with Zildjian they are hand made in China and are veryy authentic indeed,,,so perfect for that tribal or ethnic feel,,,highgly recomend them.
    So excuse the couple of sloppy time moments in it,,,was a bit rusty then :D:D

ciao' amigos....Baggio........

we have another tune there...the midnight edge...its supposed to have a kinda dark creepy rustling bushes on a dark night feel...theres some wuhans in that inst there baj????

Johnny,
    Yeah that was a weried one too eh!?....I dunno was our first attempt at that one as it was for Pyramids, if yer gona put JUST 1 more up Id put up "Where The Wild Things Are" simply coz for some strange reason its very tight and basicaly without any major errors, Ok we had no vocals on it, but it does have a savage groove for me and was again another weired prog atmospheric piece based on the deep blue sea and the creatures in it..great fun and mad!!..but I was able to unleash a lot in it :)

try that one ...ciao' amigo...Baggio...

You did "Where The Wild Things Are"? Share it immediately or by God, you'll never see the instruments forum again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I really like your drumming on that Baggio. Kind of reminds me of the Hanging Garden by the Cure but with more balls.

fey its our own song not the metallica one its nothin like metallica actually...i couldn't play that **** 2 years ago are ya mad :( ...

i made up a patch on the zoom 707 (i know i know) for the solo from audioslaves 'like a stone' and baggio thought it sounded like a whale cry thing so we wrote a song about see wildlife (as u do)...

i'll stick it up tomorrow...its different anyway

Name stealers :mad:

thats quite possibly the worst slaggin in history but either way baggio named it and was unaware of the metallica song so less of the :mad: ing

Thanx John2 very kind of you,
    .....to be honest I was talking to JCoote today, we were just saying how it was really only the 2nd time we'd actully tried to play that...we used to do a rough version of any songs that we had started to write - whatever we were trying to do, keep it on cd and use them as "sketches" thats how we referred to them.
    Have to say tho, even tho i like that piece there are cringe moments for me, where the timning does go a little this way or that,geeezzzzz..oh well wasnt a bad first shot I suppose. Still to finish it I had thoughts of a subtle rumbling bassline mimicking the drum pattern then some plucking and slapp bass in the middle rising section, all backed up with a kind of glistening background keyboard/synth effect to give it some breath if ya like.
    Where the wild things are?..yeah I never knew that was a song :D ah well,,,was a mad idea after hearing jcootes effects,,we just said lets create something around that all about weired mammal life in the deep blue sea!
    We should have gotten the " Finding Nemo" gig Johnny!! :D:D:D

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

here's a snipet of where the wild things are (2 mins or so)...keep in mind the whammy effect is suppose to symbolise a whales cry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

feylya wrote:
    I'd love to hear Baggio playing YYZ though.

me too!!! :D:D

when neil peart kicks the bucket i've heard baggio is 1st in line to step in ;) (u heard it here 1st)

Jesus J, how loud did you have your amp turned up for WTWTA? Cos it still wasn't loud enough. Pretty cool though.

thats out a peavy bandit 112 volume at 10 and as well as 10 on the zoom...he's a loud bastard there now doubt about it...cheers man

A Bandit? Jesus, anytime I use the one here, I have it on 3 or 4 with the ME-50 level and that's plenty loud for the drums.

Johnny pity ya hadnt the whole thing on that time hehhe like that tune still,,,,our ol progging days eh!? :)

ciao' amigo..Baggio...

ah yeah prog is the best music to play hands down ...**** the crowd play for yourself thats what i always say...

only have 5megs of space on here baggio so i had to cut that short cos pyramids is already on..

yeah i knew u had a bandit fey and its just insane how loud i had to have it..it taks baggio like half an hour to setup his kit and i'd have my gear setup in like 5 mins...

jammin away at say a volume of 5 or 6 and as soon as baggio hits the bass drum i may as well have had my tu-2 on mute...if u hear what i'm sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good drumming. Not sure about that guitar mind you! Someone seems to have forgotten to press the stereo button. :)

Mike.

ah its just recorded thru a ****ty pc mic mike...u think thats bad u should hear how singin comes thru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Deadly lads...like that pyramid song , very atmospheric ..as john2 said ,very cure-ish!

Advertisement