Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Internet Car Company Advice

Options
  • 18-08-2005 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether anybody has had any problems dealings with this relatively new outfit. I'm relly annoyed with them but maybe I'm just unlucky.

I recently purchased a car from them but, despite their assurances, I was never sent on a vehicle licensing vehicle registration cert. When I tried to contact them I was fobbed off. Now, in order to tax the thing, I've had to spend time and money getting a declaration of ownership form completed by an oaths commissioner.

Meanwhile the Internet Car Company people have washed their hands of the whole situation. I think they've behaved disgracefully.

Incidentally, I didn't buy the car online but visited their premises and checked everything out. The car is fine and I've checked it out, It's not stolen or anything. I'm just really pissed off by thes guys.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had similar problems, even with other car dealerships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Sorry to hear about that. They have a responsibility to the consumer and if they don't uphold that responsibility they may be breaking the law. I'd give the office of the Director of Consumer Affairs a call. They may be able to help you out and give you some good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Definitely give Consumer Affairs a call, because that is one piece of paper they have to provide you with.

Thanks for the heads up on this bunch though. Will definitley avoid them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 blaugranabhoy

I'm going to report them to comsumer affairs.

I also forgot to mention that these guys assured me that they'd send me on a service book and an extra key (they only gave me one initially). Neither were forthcoming, needless to say. I'll know better the next time than to take a car salesman's word.

Anyway, that's the end of my story. Just to warn everybody, avoid these guys, total bandits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

They told me they would get me a car, but 3/4 weeks later, and nothing. They said that they would be able to 'source' one within 2 days when I called first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

hi
    filled in their online forms, expected a call within 2 working days
    one week later,still hadnt heard a thing from them
    went and bought the car myself
    just waiting for them to ring me now with some stupid excuse about not calling me and they can have it both barrels
    dreadful customer service

stay away !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Always always always check the service history before you buy a used car. Never rely on someone to "send it on"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 blaugranabhoy

Yep, couldn't agree more with you hmmm. Too many people selling cars that shouldn't really be, by the sound of things.

I've just sent a final letter to my friends at the 'ICC', will let you know the outcome. They might just redeem themselves yet but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shayg1971

1 month later, no registration cert. Different story every time I called. 1st it was 'missing' but they would find it. Then it was 'sent on immediately to the DoE Registration Center (i.e. was never lost). Needless to say when I called the DoE to check, they had never received it. They were very good at returning calls before they got my money. Now I've had no calls returned in the last month. I have 2 ways to go.

Either I'll 'self declare' ownership with a form I got from the DoE, and file a claim in small claims for all related expenses.

or

Consumer affairs for further advice.

Anyone got any recommendations. At this point I want to make sure I hit where ithurts hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Proceed with caution...I dealt with a guy who had ties with his crowd recently, he was selling a myriad of cars but would only meet in a pub car park in Castleknock, had a look at the car but things didnt stack up :( ...so id say...get stuck into them before its too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This outfit is starting to sound dodgier with every post. I'm gonna look into this shower when I get to work on Monday. I hate motor traders who don't 'conform'. It's muppets like this that give the motor trade it's undeserved reputation.

• Advertisement

I think they are based in Trim? Hopefully I havent given them some bad press unneccessairly but the name stood out as soon as I saw it because of the dude I dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

ring local garda station in Trim and make official complaint, did that before with different company . Mybe i was lucky but garda visited the garage and told them to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thank god i didnot buy my new golf from them.i filled in the contact us form atleast 2-3 times and got no reply.then was going to buy from them and my dad just said stay away.thanks god i stayed away as if anything happed like that to me eg the road tax i would actually go to their office and kill them as they are ruining the motor trade repution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A work colleague has bought a second hand Alfa from them and is very happy so far and found them very good to deal with.

Having said that ...they still have to send it through the NCT for him ...so that might change according to what you guys are saying :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

guessing your talkin about internet car company in batterstown?
    had dealings with them before.
    crowd of chancers if u ask me.
    only heard bad reports.
    only supplying 1 key seems to be company policy

Ratchet wrote:
    ring local garda station in Trim and make official complaint, did that before with different company . Mybe i was lucky but garda visited the garage and told them to get it sorted.

Good call. Should be a runner. Sure what else would the cops in Trim have to worry about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

$Leon$ wrote:
    ...only supplying 1 key seems to be company policy

Maybe they keep the other key for . . . . . . other 'reasons'?

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:

well they should provide 2 keys.they sound really dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

esel wrote:
    The only reasons I can think of are all very suspect. I'd steer well clear.

well i know now not to spend 75k with them as they look really dodgy.guys if you have a problem with them just call there mobile number or give them pranks in the early hours of the morning:D

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=405701

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Internet Car Co

Hi,
    I am a representative with the Internet Car Company and am disgusted with what you guys are saying about our company.
    We have absolutely no control over tax books being sent from Shannon.
    All we can do is send the tax books to Shannon and the customer really is at the their mercy.Without trying to make an excuse I do know that there were delays of up to 3 weeks before customers received the documentation.
    I can guarantee that everybody who has bought a car from us has received all docs at this point.

N.B
    Also, any car we sell is from our premises!We would greatly appreciate any info regarding meeting car salesmen in car parks under our company guise.Please phone us immediately if you experienced meeting anybody in a car park on 01-8240870.

I would just like to finish my post by saying that we are a young company who have expanded greatly in the last year from the refferals we received from "Very Satisfied" customers.

We are certainly not a "dodgy dealer" and have invested huge sums in both our premises and staff to get to where we are today.

We are the envy of most dealers around the country because we are constantly taking business away from them!

We guarantee all our cars are

FREE from any out standing finance

FREE from any serious accident damage

Correct Mileage or your money back.

GUARANTEED.

We simply cannot be beaten on quality price and customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Hi,
    I am a representative with the Internet Car Company and am disgusted with what you guys are saying about our company.
    All we can do is send the tax books to Shannon and the customer really is at the their mercy.Without trying to make an excuse I do know that there were delays of up to 3 weeks before customers received the documentation.
    I can guarantee that everybody who has bought a car from us has received all docs at this point.

You should be more disgusted with whoever runs your customer service section. I have also a victim of your so called customer service. Guys add me to the growing list of people who say Keep Away From This Crowd.

Internet Car Co.
    Terms and Conditions
    6.1 If You have any complaint about Our performance, please contact Our customer services department by writing to The Internet Car Company, Main Street, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath or by email to customerservice@internetcarcompany.ie, who will look into the complaint and attempt to resolve it.

You guys better put all Your sales men on the customer service desk, your gonna be busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I find the threat of the Small Claims Court works wonders. The Small Claims Court itself also works wonders!

Lex Luthor wrote:

If its after VRT I'll take two :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi,

I would just like to finish my post by saying that we are a young company who have expanded greatly in the last year from the refferals we received from "Very Satisfied" customers.

We are certainly not a "dodgy dealer" and have invested huge sums in both our premises and staff to get to where we are today.

We are the envy of most dealers around the country because we are constantly taking business away from them!

You should neither be disgusted nor surprised by comments posted on this forum about any dealership, including yours.

This is a public forum where users are entitled and encouraged to offer advice, comment and recount experiences.

My reading of the OP is that he, as your client, was left in the dark with regard to the whereabouts of his Cert and had considerable trouble in retrieving it by other means.

Good customer service costs very little to install but can ruin a business if it's forgotten about. I would put it to you that if the OP is based on fact, and I personally would take the word of him over you as well as the opinions subsequetly added by established posters here and he did therefore have every reason to take it to a public forum.

I would do exactly the same, and if you have a read through the motors forum you will read many threads created by knowledgeable posters complaining about poor service or low quality. It is a seldom occurrence nowadays for people to complain, but I for one applaud it.

Hopefully it will give your company the kick up the ar$e it needs to improve the service you provide. Low prices are not enough. Just because you feel that the car is discounted (and I am impressed by your pricing), you also need to remember that a car is usually the second most expensive purchase any individual will make and as such, when things don't go smoothly, it can become quite stressful. If you learn this lesson you will be able to turn things around.

I personally had never heard of your company and am glad of the heads up from my fellow boardsies, particularly as someone who is about to purchase. I'm sure you won't miss my €30k.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You should neither be disgusted nor surprised by comments posted on this forum about any dealership, including yours.

This is a public forum where users are entitled and encouraged to offer advice, comment and recount experiences.

My reading of the OP is that he, as your client, was left in the dark with regard to the whereabouts of his Cert and had considerable trouble in retrieving it by other means.

Good customer service costs very little to install but can ruin a business if it's forgotten about. I would put it to you that if the OP is based on fact, and I personally would take the word of him over you as well as the opinions subsequetly added by established posters here and he did therefore have every reason to take it to a public forum.

I would do exactly the same, and if you have a read through the motors forum you will read many threads created by knowledgeable posters complaining about poor service or low quality. It is a seldom occurrence nowadays for people to complain, but I for one applaud it.

Hopefully it will give your company the kick up the ar$e it needs to improve the service you provide. Low prices are not enough. Just because you feel that the car is discounted (and I am impressed by your pricing), you also need to remember that a car is usually the second most expensive purchase any individual will make and as such, when things don't go smoothly, it can become quite stressful. If you learn this lesson you will be able to turn things around.

I personally had never heard of your company and am glad of the heads up from my fellow boardsies, particularly as someone who is about to purchase. I'm sure you won't miss my €30k.

Very well put..

Decent customer service is something that takes very little to do but is worth its weight in gold.
    Its also very very rare in the motor trade and when it does pop up somewhere, its very much
    appreciated and word does spread fast.

If you treat one person well and they feel appreciated, this could lead to 10 new customers from
    word of mouth alone.

A good salesman isnt one who just closes sales, he's one who looks after the customer even when the sale is made and builds a relationship which can lead to a customer for life.

Might be worth chatting with your salesmen about.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Its a good idea when buying second hand to hold back say €500 until all niggles are sorted. Licencing cert probably won't apply as it does have to go to the central office for processing.
    I'm thinking stuff like second keys, service history, new battery/tyres or anything else you negotiate. Just say, Ok you'll provide XYZ & I'll pay you the balance when you have them for me; if they say no, walk away, there will always be another car. Worst case scenario you're up a few quid. Sign a contract for it if they want.

Believe me, once they've got your cash 90% of these guys are on to the next mug & don't give a toss about you. That €500 might be their commision, make the fecker work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hi,

N.B
    Also, any car we sell is from our premises!We would greatly appreciate any info regarding meeting car salesmen in car parks under our company guise.Please phone us immediately if you experienced meeting anybody in a car park on 01-8240870.

We guarantee all our cars are

FREE from any out standing finance

FREE from any serious accident damage

Correct Mileage or your money back.

GUARANTEED.

We simply cannot be beaten on quality price and customer care.
    This forum is not your personal support area. By all means you have the right to come on here and engage in dialogue, particularly where your company is involved, but dragging up an old thread and tacking on a sales piece is not "engaging in dialogue".

On a personal note, you don't gain custom by attacking bad comments and claiming that they're false. Regardless of the nature of the comment, 99% of the time, you're better off taking it on board and making the complainant happy, even if the complaint is totally made up.

I'm going to lock this thread, but the mods of the motors board may open it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Re-opened as I'd like to give our friend at the Internet Car Company the chance to engage in debate.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement