Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintball!!!!!

Options
  • 15-08-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

hey

where do you get co2 tanks filled up for paintball guns????

not much luck yet

help
    Post edited by TrueDub on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

guess no one knows anything about paintball guns:/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I dont think its really an Irish thing, have u tried searching Google? I know people who bought the guns outside Ireland - not that thats much use to ya I guess??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

I think your best bet would be going to a welding supply store or some nice friendly person with a welder.Check the telephone book. I assume you have a paintball gun, I shall be getting one shortly but where the hell do you buy paintballs? I really dont want to be shipping in cratesof balls from england especially if they start to get deformed!

hehe, get em shipped from america i do, wait y wud i go to welding supply store? co2??
    yes i have a paintball marker(gun) also do i have to get permit or what?
    need co2 PLEASE HELP!!!

shortys94 wrote:
    hehe, get em shipped from america i do, wait y wud i go to welding supply store? co2??
    yes i have a paintball marker(gun) also do i have to get permit or what?
    need co2 PLEASE HELP!!!
    Im not sure about having a license but i think you do. I sent off an email to the gardai asking bout this last night.
    I think they use co2 for welding, i could be wrong but im pretty sure they do.
    But you should be able to get some help in the golden pages, just look up co2 or sumting.
    You get paintballs shipped from america??? :confused:
    Jesus that must be expensive, who do you order from?

• Advertisement

uncle owns a courier company:) free:) no customs , i get em in wal mart:)
    well havent ordered yet because no co2!!!!!! and believe me i wont even look at golden/yellow pages becaus eco2 prolly wont be there lol
    what gun u gettin?
    damn i want co2!!!!
    let me know if u find a place where u can get it:)

shortys94 wrote:
    uncle owns a courier company:) free:) no customs , i get em in wal mart:)
    well havent ordered yet because no co2!!!!!! and believe me i wont even look at golden/yellow pages becaus eco2 prolly wont be there lol
    what gun u gettin?
    damn i want co2!!!!
    let me know if u find a place where u can get it:)
    Any chance of cuttin me in on that free paintball shippin deal? :D;)
    You will defintly get co2 in the golden pages, look for a fire extiungisher supplier, they ALWAYS refill the fire extinguishers so if you ask nice they will fill a co2 tank, that or ring some of the paintball fields and ask how they fill theirs.

I myself am going to get a kingmann/spyder imagine in a week or two. Im hoping it gets through customs or im fecked.
    Are you getting yours shipped through your uncles courier aswell?

i have gun already, its a spyder sonic i think, not sure if its illegal here, so powerful :)
    NEED CO2

shortys94 wrote:
    i have gun already, its a spyder sonic i think, not sure if its illegal here, so powerful :)
    NEED CO2
    They are illegal apparentyl, the clubs have a special license that no individual can obtain.
    Stop asking for c02. I gave you two easy options, welding supply, fire extuingisher supply, go to a club and ask nicely.
    There is no "tesco's" for easy access co2.

How did you get the marker into the country?

well i am not sure if that is the actual model of the gun, but something like that.
    Sorry for asking about Co2 so much, ill have a luck under welding and fire extinguishers in the yellow pages, anywhere else? what do u mean by clubs?

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote:
    well i am not sure if that is the actual model of the gun, but something like that.
    Sorry for asking about Co2 so much, ill have a luck under welding and fire extinguishers in the yellow pages, anywhere else? what do u mean by clubs?
    I mean like where people go and pay 50 euro for a game of paintball, ask them where they fill their tanks.

Where did you get your marker anyway?
    And where bout in the country are you, i knew a guy who used to get refills at a local centre.

Mayo, got marker in US used to live there,
    wow hopefully that placeis near me:)

shortys94 wrote:
    Mayo, got marker in US used to live there,
    wow hopefully that placeis near me:)
    Nope that place is a another side of the country hehe.
    I sent some emails to some welding companies and see if they would infact have access to fill a tank and i sent an email to a place that distributes fire things so I'll get you a bit of info soon.
    I was about to order my marker about 20mins ago and then i seen the cost of paintballs, okayish but then i figured in shipping.................................... :eek: its like 70euro JUST to get 2000 paintballs :eek:

lol, u need to know where to look lol, gott afind good sites. like me:)
    canyt wait to get co2, paintball hursts like hell when u play in back graden with no padding:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Here is the Phone Number for Urban Paintball, ring and ask where they get their tanks Filled Up

01 842 6322

there in dublin though?

shortys94 wrote:
    lol, u need to know where to look lol, gott afind good sites. like me:)
    canyt wait to get co2, paintball hursts like hell when u play in back graden with no padding:)
    Point me in the right direction and i would be most greatful!

Their should be some paintball sites closer to mayo than urban paintball. Again look in the golden pages or google it, I know there is a whole section with paintball sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

OK folks, here is the Billy on what you have been asking ..... firstly and most impotrantly you need a Firearms Licence from the Gardai to own a paintball marker - they are classified as a weapon & come under the Firearms act. Being caught with or carrying an unlicenced Marker is the same offence as being caught with an unlicenced pistol, rifle or shotgun.

In order to import a weapon you need a dealers licence & an importation licence from the Dept of Justice. It is actually then sent to the Gardai to run ballistic tests on.

Before you can get either of these things the Gardai will run background checks on you, inspect your house & where you will store the weapon - the usual requirements are a BSE approved gun locker & a house alarm that links straight to the Gardai. Yopu will also need to be a member of a gun club that has facilities to let you shoot the marker (in Irelands case that is only Paintball sites).

If you send a weapon from the the US to here it is tantamount to smugling arms and VERY SERIOUSLY you could be arrested and charged for it!

Now, if you have already "procured" a marker, you can get gas from AirProducts or BOC. I advise that you find an alternative excuse for using the gas! One cylinder from them will fill approx 40 22oz Paintball tanks and you will get approx 700 shots to each 22 oz tank.

Shout if you need more specifics but it is a long & ardous process to go legal on Paintball Markers & the Gardai see em as just another gun!

S

You have a pm sir:)

/edit
    Who else thinks we should organize a group buy?
    I mean everyone gets a license and we start a club?
    Having a club would be damn good fun.

yes, but gardai might end up taking your gun off you.

good places to get paintballs
    www.dickssportinggoods.com
    www.modells.com
    www.k-mart.com
    www.wal-mart.com

not sure if these ship to ireland but worth a try, ill end up getting them shipped from relations:) for free courier

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote:
    yes, but gardai might end up taking your gun off you.
    Not if you have a license I beleive.

yea but, like when tere testing, may be too powerful:)

shortys94 wrote:
    yea but, like when tere testing, may be too powerful:)
    Not likely, id say a spyder imagine would be just the same as a timmy, the ones they use at the fields round here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You need land, insurance and garda aproval for a club :)

Rew wrote:
    You need land, insurance and garda aproval for a club :)
    Are their any pre-established clubs availble to join?

well unless advertised, probly illegal...
    so u just brng a marker into gradai station and ask em to test it and give u a license? seems way to easy

shortys94 wrote:
    well unless advertised, probly illegal...
    so u just brng a marker into gradai station and ask em to test it and give u a license? seems way to easy

If you walked into a Garda station with an un-licenced Marker they would arrest you. It is classified as the same offence as walking in to the cop shop with a an un-licenced shotgun, popping it on the counter and asking them "is there any chance yez would take a gander at this for me?"

Testing the power of the marker is a done as part of the importation process as regulated by the Dept of Justice.

What you need to realise is that if you already have a Marker in this country and no licence for it you have broken the law by a)bringing it into the country b) carrying it & c) using it. It is the same as the IRA smuggling guns!

I cannot stress enough that the Gardai view Markers as weapons & treat them accordingly. If you are caught with one they will arrest you so probably best not to be flashing it around, lest you be reported for it by a neighbour!

Talk to the firearms officer in your local garda station & they will take you through the process of applying for a licence - however I think there may be problems getting private licences for Markers because they do not have individual serial numbers on each gun.

u have to own a gun or something, u know alot about this stuff

I have been researching to open a paintball site so have got to grips with all the legal crap that comes with it!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Where bouts in the country are you based smirky?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement