Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split - Board moderation, user bannings, post deletions. etc.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Spock is a former student of DCU, he has, as he has pointed out above, had a lot of input into many aspects of college life, SPC, Redbrick etc.

He has experienced life in DCU and how the university runs. The complaints about him are unjustified. He has a genuine interest in DCU as a member of the DCU alumni and I think he's a perfectly good choice for moderator. I'd be more concerned if some randomer who never even attended DCU was to moderate this forum.

He's a consistant moderator, takes no BS and doesn't play favourites. He acts on complaints/reported posts, unlike a lot of moderators who are "power hungry" and just want the "status" of being a moderator. He was asked to moderate the forum and in my opinion is doing a good job of it. Perhaps he is a little strict at times with off topic posts, but if someone posts a serious question I don't think it's too much to ask posters to keep their childish comments and "jokes" to themselves.

If people want to talk crap and take the piss why can't they start a new thread in which to do so?

Winters doesn't even go to DCU and from what I've seen he hasn't had one constructive post on this forum since it's creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

I went to Primary School, that mean I should be allowed to hang around in the playground with the kids at Lunch time?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

No, but it should mean that making you moderator of your Primary School's forum on boards.ie isn't open to too much criticism, based on your credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Anarking wrote:
    I went to Primary School, that mean I should be allowed to hang around in the playground with the kids at Lunch time?
    It hasn't stopped you so far anarking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Amz wrote:
    It hasn't stopped you so far anarking.

Humour not found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I agree with ecksor's and Amz's senitments. spockety is doing a good job modding this board and is a perfectly valid candidate considering he's an experienced and active alumni.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Anarking wrote:

That's a nonsense argument. Basically what you're telling me is that the playschoolers should be allowed to look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

sprockety wrote:
    In that time, I served 4 years on the Redbrick committee as Secretary, Treasurer, and Chairman.

i cant believe you admit this to people!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Draupnir wrote:
    i cant believe you admit this to people!!

Why can you not believe that I admit this to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ah I'm only messing with you, fair play to you for getting involved with a society you were interested in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement