Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost & Found

Options
  • 02-08-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Could whoever left a pair of navy trousers in VG45b on the last night of session 2 this year please make themselves known. It's beginning to bug me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

Would I be right in presuming that a certain Kevin Conlon started this tread?
    By the way I wouldn't be as worried about what they were doing there as I would be about what they were doing off!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

I Lost a book: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

I'm not that worried about it but it would be nice to get it back, if anybody picked it up. If so PM me or email: shiney2510@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Let's not focus on the minor details, TJ. Im worried enough about the photos i've been shown. Thank God they were blurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Could whoever left a pair of navy trousers in VG45b on the last night of session 2 this year please make themselves known. It's beginning to bug me

That was my room in my first year...

Anyway - I do not own the aforementioned pants. Although I did loose a brown hoody. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

To the Session 1er who slept in room 114 A (I assume you are female). You left a pair of yellow ankle socks on top of the radiator. These socks say "boudoir babe" on them and feature tiny pictures of underwear. Just in case you want them back, email me at alzeeleezer@hotmail.com.

Oh yeah... I'm also missing something. Its a little tiny medieval mace, quite heavy for its size, with a brass handle. Now I actually think someone took this because one of my friends was looking at it in the quad during the first week, and I think it got handed to someone else and I never got it back, which is annoying because I love my mace and its great and you can hit people with it.
    Also its my only souvenier from my trip to Rome and it cost... 15 euros!!! (for someone as broke as me thats a lot of money). So if you have my mace, do the right thing and please return it to me!
    email me at address given above. Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I might've left a tie-dye t-shirt in either Kevin or David's room... so if either of you have it, and decide to move somewhere more convenient, I'm here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The mace is gone?
    Nooo!
    That mace was awesome.
    Although I have a suspicion that the more correct term would be a 'morningstar'. Or even 'light morningstar' if one wanted to be pedantic and nerdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

y'know if you lost things or left things behind you should check CTYI's lost and found they had something i left in my room in ses2 '04 when i dropped by to get it in June

Karlusss wrote:
    I might've left a tie-dye t-shirt in either Kevin or David's room... so if either of you have it, and decide to move somewhere more convenient, I'm here!

Not me, im afraid. I think David has it. Did you not come to collect it after the singalong/Circle of Warmth? And where exactly is more convenient then Cork?

They're not your trousers, are they?

I don't think so.

I got the rest of my junk, but my tie die t-shirt eluded me. I miss it so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 big panda

It seems to be that this thread isn't as productive as it was ment to be given that no one is any closer to reclaiming their lost artifacts and apparel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

I left a bag with like 50 cds, a pair of leather pants, and a pair of white leather shoes at ctyi in my first year. So when i went back my second year, i found out they had lost and found, went and checked it out, i found the bag, but mysteriously the leather pants, shoes, and cds were gone! Its a crying shame though i loved those pants

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nun robber

i lost the plot
    grrrrrrrr

Willie wears leather pants. You dont suppose..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I lost a boot. And a cheesecake tin, as mentioned before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

To the Session 1er who slept in room 114 A (I assume you are female). You left a pair of yellow ankle socks on top of the radiator. These socks say "boudoir babe" on them and feature tiny pictures of underwear. Just in case you want them back, email me at alzeeleezer@hotmail.com.

114 was my room, I'm not sure if I was in A or B, I'll check and find out. I don't think I left socks behind so they're probably my room mates.

Free socks. Ching, ching

Wrong sound effect, i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

If anyone could return to me, a dozen muffins, wine gums and a half-eaten bag of walker's Sensations, all of which I left in my kitchen after Session 2, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

If anybody noticed a gold ring with a red heart landing somewhere at the start of the closing ceremony and happened to pick it up could they kindly inform me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This is probably a shot in the dark, but I lost a silver Claddagh ring in one of the grassy areas in the first week, if anyone has it I'd love to get it back.

Edit: Not ACTUALLY silver, but you know what I means

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Although I have a suspicion that the more correct term would be a 'morningstar'. Or even 'light morningstar' if one wanted to be pedantic and nerdy.
    No, I've had this conversation before with Aonghus who apparently knows a lot more about weapons than me (although I'd say most people do) and due to the fact that... I can't remember, but its not a morningstar after all. Which is annoying because morningstar is a prettier word. Not that it matters anymore, because its gonnnnnnnnne... now I only have a sword and a crossbow.
    114 was my room, I'm not sure if I was in A or B, I'll check and find out. I don't think I left socks behind so they're probably my room mates.

Oh yeah, about the socks... turns out I left them on the radiator too, so if your roomate wants them she'll have to go back to DCU. Sorry about that...

Hold up... If it's a spiked ball on a chain with a handle, it's a morning star

If it's a spiked ball on a stick it's a mace

A mace is a club with a thick head and fixed length spikes. A morning star has spikes of various sizes. A ball and chain is a ball on a chain. A spiked ball on a chain is a flail.

Or so I've been led to believe.

Isn't a flail more like nunchucks with one spiked end? As in, no balls involved.

*sighs*

Morning Star:
    WE-Morning-Star.jpg

Mace(s):
    mace%20group1.gif

Flail:
    heavyflail+3.gif

Hehe. NWN flail.

...I go now.

You're a legend. That's the most interesting set of weapons I've viewed this week.

PFM: Technically it's the NWN Heavy Flail +3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

You'd think it was difficult or something. It's only three kinds of weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

If anyone has found, money, gold, platinum, diamonds, sapphires, rubies, assorted jewels, watches, small children or other assorted valuables, they're mine.

Advertisement