Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Food"

Options
  • 19-07-2005 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

The basis of this thread is quite simple, the canteen "food"

Here we can discuss theories related to said "food".
    Consider just what was masquerading as chicken today

To begin, does anyone find it odd that "chunky wedges" are served 2 days after "baked potatoes"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

that chicken doesnt always look the best but damn its tasty - pity i missed it actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Mmm, I finally started getting my coeliac (have no idea if I'm spelling my own medical condition right) meals today, and they're DAMN TASTY. God bless allergies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Not another fscking food thread.It's bad.We know.Deal with it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*shrugs* It's nice enough during the year. And on the far side of the kitchen it's pretty damn nice in the 1838 club. One of the best burgers I've ever had. Nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

sun.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Naeny

Ahh its betta than last yr but it still makes me feel sick! dunno y, cus sumtimes it can be......wait for it..........................................................
    :eek: arite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The soup is... *furrows brow suggestively*.
    There's green stuff that would quite possibly glow in the dark that I am quite frankly afraid of. I subsist on bread rolls.

Other than that breakfast and dinner are tolerable. I don't want to see how much weight I've lost though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Naeny wrote:
    Ahh its betta than last yr but it still makes me feel sick! dunno y, cus sumtimes it can be......wait for it..........................................................
    :eek: arite

it's always better than last year...... and yet we never do like it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

The food is actually an experiment, those who claim that it's ok are taken away to form of new type ctyier who can eat even worse, even cheaper food.

Or it's the fact they have to cook a lot of food for a lot of people in a very short time.

Live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

it's more fun to bitch n moan, and more to the point, it's tradITion! And you don't break tradition, or tradition will break you!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Maybe the food they serve during the year is better. *shrugs* I can't say I remember at this stage.

it is better, but in fairness now, i've survived on it twice as long as any of the students have and find no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

the food isn't *that* bad...I like the wedges....the veggie lasagne is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Burgers were seriously dodgy today though. I spent about 3 minutes scraping miscellaneous gooey crap off mine. Not a nice experience. Thank God for veggie cards, thats all Im saying... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fifi Trixabelle

yeah, omfg the burgers were rank today!
    mine was pink so i just had three helpings of fruit salad instead!!
    it's all good in the 'hood! but then i missed my RA meeting, oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

The food was damn good! yet after four desserts a day, snuck out under the nose of the dessert bertie, by my anorexic minions who didn´t want theirs, I still lost weight...suspicious....

those burgers are lovely! apparently myself and kevin (psych TA) are the only people at all who actually like em...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AndyC

Flashling wrote:
    The food was damn good! yet after four desserts a day, snuck out under the nose of the dessert bertie, by my anorexic minions who didn´t want theirs, I still lost weight...suspicious....

3 Donuts! tut-tut-tut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Burgers = evil. Salad = yay! Sandwiches = yay! Fruit = yay! Rolls-that-are-edible = yay!

... I seem to have been avoiding the cooked food somewhat. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

crash_000 wrote:
    those burgers are lovely! apparently myself and kevin (psych TA) are the only people at all who actually like em...weird.

I liked those burgers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Haven't tried the burgers. The spaghetti today almost looked and smelled delicious, until I ate it. Argh. Ugh. Grah. Insert cavewoman noises here.

Otherwise I find no difference from the food last year. Only the addition of the soup, really. I reckon the food isn't actually as bad as everyone makes it out. It could be so much worse. Think aeroplanes. My god.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

YOU! Get on messenger, or irc...or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fifi Trixabelle

yeah, i get what you're sayinmg.
    i had a perfectly decent plate of spagetthi and pesto for dindins today.
    yay for not wanting to touch the meat in the canteen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

The worst has to be the meatballs. they're pink on the inside. i wouldn't touch the 'pork' either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

its turkey. they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The burgers are quite good, about the best thing going. The meatballs and pork are vicious, and the pork is actually violent.. The wedges aren't half bad, but the soup is just bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah jaysus.. the food's been pretty good this year! burgers and lasagne were gorgeous, and the spagetti wasnt half bad!
    there's been nothing absolutely inedible yet, and if something is nasty lookin, there's always pasta somewhere about the place!
    hail to the kitchen folk! who're actually really nice this year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Major McMuffin

As a general rule, i avoid the soup and the potatoes, a lot of the food sickens me by sight, esp the meatballs. the burgers are good, enough food to survive on is edible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

The food is astonishingly good this year. The burgers are great, the salads are pretty snazzy, and the veg meals are......all right. Cept I dunno what all that black gunk was on mine. Mmm, carbon (presumably).

And the staff are lovely. Cept yer one who goes around to the tables checking if you have extra desert and tries to take it back. If you've made it that far it's yours, that's what I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

The lunches sucked. I managed to float cutlery on mine. And the rolls were alright if you managed to get one that wasn't out of date. I still ate them every day anyway!! Gah- lack of money for Spunch.

Mmmm.... Spunch...

Advertisement