Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

hurtgirl wrote:
    unfortunately us girls tend to push the good guys to one side, and go with the guys that we know will break our heart, hence leaving us with a generalisation about blokes even though we do know there are good guys.... its finding them that is the hard bit.

No... SOME girls do that. If you do that, and recognise you do it, do something about it. Otherwise you're going to end up in the same situation again in a few months crying about it here and about how awful men are, when the root of the problem is the men YOU are choosing. Do something about it. Stop blaming men and the world for what's going wrong, it's completely in your own hands. YOU are the one that's making you unhappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

koneko wrote:
    Stop blaming men and the world for what's going wrong, it's completely in your own hands. YOU are the one that's making you unhappy.
    Shush... Leave her be. We've already established that she's not looking for solutions, just venting - which, of course, some might call wallowing in self pity. It’s who she is and she’s not really interested in changing just because we say so.

TBH, if she couldn’t be unhappy she’d be miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good point. I await the inevitable "It's not me it's THEM, you're all so mean" reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Shush... Leave her be. We've already established that she's not looking for solutions, just venting - which, of course, some might call wallowing in self pity. It’s who she is and she’s not really interested in changing just because we say so.

TBH, if she couldn’t be unhappy she’d be miserable.

tbh think thats a bit harsh.. im no wallowing in self pity, and i am intrested in changing..im fully aware i tend to pick the bad guys....i was only letting off steam, i think thats aloud without people coming back to you telling you to stop feeling sorry for yourself ?!... thanks for your input anyway.. ?!

and before you say anything koneko, i know i shoudnt let myself be treated badly, so inturn it is my problem... so you will be wrong by your statement of ""I await the inevitable "It's not me it's THEM, you're all so mean" reply.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Once again there's no way in feck i am reading all those replies. But anyway i refuse to believe that it's just men who are "bastards" and whatever. Girls are equally capable of crushing a guy for no apparent reason, based on looks or whatever it might be. It often seems the majority of people have their devious motives but obviously the nicer ones are out there. I think the reason that women and men feel they can treat people like this is because so many partners will let them do so, so then they don't need to change for the next bf/gf who may indeed be shocked by this treatment.

I'd say just don't let it get to you, you can't possibly be unattractive if you are getting that amount of attention so i wouldn't worry and learn how to command respect from your future prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

hurtgirl wrote:
    tbh think thats a bit harsh.. im no wallowing in self pity, and i am intrested in changing..im fully aware i tend to pick the bad guys....i was only letting off steam, i think thats aloud without people coming back to you telling you to stop feeling sorry for yourself ?!... thanks for your input anyway.. ?!
    I never suggested you should stop feeling sorry for yourself. That’s entirely your own business. But no, I don’t think you really intend changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

DawnMc wrote:
    My god, you're saying exactly what I feel about myself. I only attract fuked up bastards

Why oh why do so many women say this?? I've even said this myself, "I only attract the guys who will treat me like crap" - it's not that we attract them, or even that they are the typical guy who will treat girls like crap (I'm sure there are some out there!), but there are different things that we do (I think anyway) that let a guy think that it is ok, they have no idea they are treating us badly, because we only tell people online as unregistered guests so noone knows who we are.
    I'm probably going to get alot of cross replies, but I have thought about this, and I will stand by my opinion that the person who did the heart breaking (be it male or female) is never 100% to blame (unless they do something terrible like sleeping with someone else or abuse or something), but when people come online or talk to friends, saying that their partner treats them badly, how are they to really know what they are doing is wrong unless you tell them?
    Break up's are hard, and it's great to see that so soon into it that guys can take advantage (being vulnerable and insecure can lead to women making rash decisions when out drinking) and I applaud you for being sensible. One thing though... remember that life is short, and if you spend your life wondering if he only wants to be with you to get his "leg over", you may let the right one pass you by....

Advertisement