Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend an Irish guild?

Options
  • 14-07-2005 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

My name's Hyrune, I'm a lvl 20 warlock on helscream.

At the moment I'm in an englishguildwhere everyone else knows one another, but I'm predicting a guild disbanding-ment any time now. And frankly, they're all pretty weird (and coming from me, that's pretty high on the psychometer). But I know that having a guildincreases the overall enjoyment aspect of the game so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a small irish guild, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I personally don't know any Irish guilds on Helscream since I'm on Terenas.
    The majority of Irish players seem to be on Bladefist so since your only lvl20 you could possibly create a character on that server and get in touch with one of the guys from here?

bored of ie
    dudes
    I think are the two big Irish guilds on BF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

There's supposed to be soe sort of character transfer systme, do you know when that'll be up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I personally don't know any Irish guilds on Helscream since I'm on Terenas.
    The majority of Irish players seem to be on Bladefist so since your only lvl20 you could possibly create a character on that server and get in touch with one of the guys from here?

bored of ie
    dudes
    I think are the two big Irish guilds on BF.
    Neither of those guilds exist anymore really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

bored of ie is now <metamorphosis>, it's horde on bladefist and all boards.ies are welcome.
    Don't think server transfers are coming in any time soon (ie where you can pick which server you want to go to).

On the plus side getting back up to about 20 is much quicker the second time around (a couple days) and a good opportunity to try another class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Server transfers are only from a busy server to a new or not busy server, and it's decided in advance which server you move to. For instance Server A is very busy, when there's an option for server transfer it'll be from Server A to Server K (that's new). You can't pick where you go.

Lvl20 won't take long to get to, I'd say just reroll another char on a server that has a lot of boardsies on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Hellscream - Evil Dead guild has about 10 Irish members, quite large in total...(4-5th largest on the horde side)

If you want in, or just to see it
    message - Audria, DrBones, Vyperpit or Mindbender - say you were reading Searrards post and you were looking to join

Teamspeak server, forums and help for proffessions, instances and like are very good within the guild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

I'll give it a go. I was wondering what it'd be like to be an undead priest anyway. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 demonphate

Defiance on Hellscream, Combination of Friends who moved from US servers and Also from Sylvanas, Will b concentrating On end game content, Give Demonphate, toshio, Kruppe or Cactuar a call in game and we can talk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Omphin wrote: »
    http://irishwar.no-ip.org Erin Go Bragh guild on Doomhammer. This is the newest move of the irish in preparation of the new expansion.

You just res'd a 5 year old thread! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ATT on Outland

Pretty much to top irish raiding guild, and we have built a pretty nice network of freindly people, hardcore raiders and casuals.

http://www.outlandirish.com

You can pop an application down there as a casual/social member. Just fill in a little bout yourself and the guys will get back to you shortly after.

There is plenty of raiding going on to cater for everoyne, outside of the main runs there is plenty of alt and social stuff going on.

There is going to be a clearout come Cataclysm so I'm not sure if we are still treating social applicants as we did before but wont hurt to try, and who knows, in time might find yourself a raiding spot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Outland is pvp right?
    To rules me out, im on pve server and looking for a new home soon.
    Dont think i can do paid transfer from pve to pvp.

Yup its pvp unfortunately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont think i can do paid transfer from pve to pvp.

I moved from Hellscream (PVE) to Outland (PVP), moved several characters with the most recent about 3 months ago. That restriction has been removed since the end of TBC because a lot of the Hellscream based Irish players moved to Outland around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

45e to move server and faction, tis crazy money, ya would get your hole and a taxi home for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

TechnoPool wrote: »
    45e to move server and faction, tis crazy money, ya would get your hole and a taxi home for that

jesus, thats one durty hooker you're pickin up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

red_ice wrote: »
    jesus, thats one durty hooker you're pickin up...

buyer's market

• Registered Users Posts: 30 turiel

TheDoc wrote: »
    ATT on Outland

Pretty much to top irish raiding guild, and we have built a pretty nice network of freindly people, hardcore raiders and casuals.

http://www.outlandirish.com

You can pop an application down there as a casual/social member. Just fill in a little bout yourself and the guys will get back to you shortly after.

There is plenty of raiding going on to cater for everoyne, outside of the main runs there is plenty of alt and social stuff going on.

There is going to be a clearout come Cataclysm so I'm not sure if we are still treating social applicants as we did before but wont hurt to try, and who knows, in time might find yourself a raiding spot ;)

Is this the right armory ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Outland&gn=All+The+Time

Only shows 2 members, did it disband in the last 3 days or is armory just crap? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nah, theyre called ATT not All The Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Were a massive guild tbh, Just lots of inactivity ATM until cata.

turiel wrote: »
    Is this the right armory ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Outland&gn=All+The+Time

Only shows 2 members, did it disband in the last 3 days or is armory just crap? :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Outland&cn=Kromus&gn=ATT

There is the guild.

A leave of absence has been giving to alot of players who are going to other guilds to tyr get 25HM LK etc., then coming back to us for Cata.

We have a new website and some fancy new bits being launched soon, I'm sure ill drop a thread about it closer to launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

shame we never got lk hm down before all the inactivity =[

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Good luck with an Irish-based Guild guys. I'd join right now if I had the opportunity, but being in a World Top 30 Guild is a lot to hang on to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Waterford's Finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Come over to Outland Cully and join ATT :)

Nemesis wrote: »
    Come over to Outland Cully and join ATT :)

Didnt know you were still playing mate, do you raid yourself ?
    Very tempted to hook with you again, many lols over the years :)
    Im chilling out atm, just popping onto wow the odd day here and there but fully expect to jump headlong into Cata and raid when @ max level.

The lads got LK HM 10 down two nights ago after creating a group on a whim, its such EZ mode now anyway

Well lads i was thinking of transferring over to Outland and apply to ATT but it would mean a transfer and faction change,that in itself is no biggy but Brian just told me yas raid @ 10:30 pm, that would be a no go for me, early morning starts etc plus at that hour voice comms would be out for me :( shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Well lads i was thinking of transferring over to Outland and apply to ATT but it would mean a transfer and faction change,that in itself is no biggy but Brian just told me yas raid @ 10:30 pm, that would be a no go for me, early morning starts etc plus at that hour voice comms would be out for me :( shame really.

If you like mate, come have a look at us on Doomhammer by means of making an alt to take part in our altmania on 7th dec. If all things go well, which i think they will due to the interest by many, then u could bring your main over to us. For now i only suggest u create an alt and see how things turn out with us on EGB. http://irishwar.no-ip.org this link will explain more

We havnt finalised raid times for Cata content yet to be honest, we are trying to see what suits all.

We are doing a mass exodus and clean slate in the guild at the moment. There will be, inevitably, plenty of alt runs and the likes for more suited times.

But cant hurt to apply, in fairness we have had a ****load of apps recently and I keep ignoring them cause I dont deal with that end of the officer chain, but i must keep in touch to see whose coming in, might be an indication of what we need, and whose going out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I wouldnt have mentioned times if i knew it was a negative for you Cully :o

I'm not finished work/rugby/meetings/swimming lessons/girl guides/football/gymnastics/homework/wife calming before 9 at night.

I'm sure there will be raids earlier as TheDoc said nothing is really finalised yet.

It would be great to have someone older than me in the guild :p.

I'm finding Alliance much 'friendlier' than Horde.

It seems there is a higher proportion of English/Irish speakers and as a mage I seem to get a lot of whispers for portals which breaks the ice and makes folk add you to their friends list.

Advertisement