Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegal anal?

Options
  • 09-07-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

is anal sex illegal in ireland? me and my girlfriend want to try it together but we're not sure of any possible legal implications. it's obviously unlikely we'd get caught anyway (unless the police set up a secret camera in our bedroom!) but we just want to know what the law is exactly.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dont know the law but dont see this one going to court :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Surely two consenting adults can do whatever the please once it doesn't result in bodily harm to anyone.

Oh, and enjoy. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Wow!
    I've never heard of anyone using the 'Not tonight honey, it's illegal' line!
    Must remember that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Na, it's legal now. pretty certain it was only ever specifically illegal here if it was between two men, though I'm open to correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

LiouVille wrote:
    Na, it's legal now. pretty certain it was only ever specifically illegal here if it was between two men, though I'm open to correction.

That can be read as the funniest statement I have ever heard.
    LoL

go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Anal sex being illegal is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

LiouVille wrote:
    No, it was once illegal between a man and a woman.

Anyway, as the law currently stands:
    • Anal sex is legal between consenting partners over the age of 17.
    • Anal sex with a partner under that age is a breach of Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act, 1993.
    • Anal sex with a partner that does not consent is a breach of Section 4 of the Criminal Law (Rape) (Amendment) Act, 1990 (there are two laws defining some acts as rape in Ireland, with breaches of this law being refered to as "Rape under Section 4").
    I'm not sure whether Section 2 of the Criminal Law Act, 1935 applies here - which would allow for a higher sentence in the case of certain acts with a girl under the age of 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You may not be going to jail but you're sure goin ta' hell boy!

Mike.

mike65. That's a helpful reply, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talliesin, he's got his answer so the pressures off, so lighten up eh?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Talliesin wrote:
    mike65. That's a helpful reply, is it?

I thought it was, it was also rather funny :p
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Talliesin wrote:
    No, it was once illegal between a man and a woman.

I stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Surely two consenting adults can do whatever the please once it doesn't result in bodily harm to anyone.

Oh, and enjoy. :p

Kind of true. Well, as long as it doesn't result in serious bodily harm. :)

From a legal (and biological, I suppose) point of view sex is really a form of assault. :D

Consenting adults aren't guilty of a criminal offence for shagging in the same way a surgeon isn't guilty of assault for cutting someone open or a soccer player isn't guilty for injuring another player in the course of a game.

Technically these are all assaults but not crimes.

Duffman wrote:

... sex is really a form of assault. :D

Consenting adults aren't guilty of a criminal offence for shagging in the same way a surgeon isn't guilty of assault for cutting someone open or a soccer player isn't guilty for injuring another player in the course of a game.

Technically these are all assaults but not crimes.
    Ooooooo.... ISSUES!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

[QUOTEis anal sex illegal in ireland? me and my girlfriend want to try it together but we're not sure of any possible legal implications.][/QUOTE]

lol what the hell made you think that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

critterman wrote:
    is anal sex illegal in ireland? me and my girlfriend want to try it together but we're not sure of any possible legal implications. it's obviously unlikely we'd get caught anyway (unless the police set up a secret camera in our bedroom!) but we just want to know what the law is exactly.
    thats the funniest thing ive ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Duffman wrote:
    From a legal (and biological, I suppose) point of view sex is really a form of assault. :D
    :confused: eh no

:confused: eh no

eh yes?

If it was assualy the body would try defend itself, would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

anal sex is a horrible concept.. esspecially when other Hole(s) are an option, I mean you **** out there?

• Advertisement

Other holes? Plural? :p

Mouth?
    (ear & bellybutton depending on how small your member is)

If it was assualy the body would try defend itself, would it not?

Ah misunderstanding, I get you. The colloquial meaning of "assault" kind of implies harm. But the law uses "assault" to mean more of an interference with your body I suppose.

Personally speaking, if someone stuck a penis into me I'd think it was an interference with my body!

And sex (both ways) can harm the body. Why does it not try to defend itself? Because it wants babies.

Although this is a thread about anal sex so i guess that's not really the answer. LOL. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

use loads of lube lol

use loads of lube lol
    What a immature post :rolleyes: Yet i cant stop myself laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

It's disgusting, I mean Imagine pulling out.. and it covered in... must i go on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nah it's grand stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well good luck to OP,dont forget the lube...

Me cries....

I'm still an anal virgin....

Duffman wrote:
    The colloquial meaning of "assault" kind of implies harm. But the law uses "assault" to mean more of an interference with your body I suppose.
    First, you don't need to actually interfer with another body to assault someone - swinging at someone and missing is assault, and technically pointing at someone is assault (there have been convictions on this, but not in quite some time).

Second, assault has lack of consent as part of it, though laws on battery, bodily harm, etc. often have not (the ruling of the trial judge in the Operation Spanner case being an English precedent relevant to sexual acts, and given that our assault laws are based on English law, that the ruling was upheld by both the High Court and the House of Lords and not declared illegal by the European Court of Human Rights, the chances are that would hold here to - needless to say the BDSM community are far from overjoyed at this).

Reasonable (how reasonable is a matter for the courts) sporting injuries are however granted an exception to the rule that one cannot consent to battery or bodily harm.

So, intercourse - anal or otherwise - is not legally assault when consented to, but some SM acts may be if Irish courts followed English precedent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

Shrimp wrote:
    anal sex is a horrible concept.. esspecially when other Hole(s) are an option, I mean you **** out there?

yeah and you p*ss out your penis but you dont hear your girl complaining about you putting that inside her or if she decides to give you a BJ...

:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement