Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overrated Books..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Atomised. A miserable flabby old frenchman riding miserable flabby old frenchwomen for about 300 pages. Dreadful.

Really? It has its downer moments but it was very funny in parts as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The Bible, The Quaran, The Talmud... fill in the rest yourself.

One way or another the above books have been reponsible for misery, dissent, persecution, death, the list goes on.

All the other books mention by other posters merely spoil one's enjoyment and I can live with the odd spoiled few hours now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Hagar wrote:
    The Bible, The Quaran, The Talmud... fill in the rest yourself.

One way or another the above books have been reponsible for misery, dissent, persecution, death, the list goes on.

roffle. yeah sure.

did anyone mention "catcher in the rye" piece of p1ss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Branoic wrote:
    You mis-understood me. I never said LotR was unoriginal. I said Wheel of Time was unoriginal, because it's basically just a merged plagiarism of Dune and LotR.
    ah lol i wasn't sure if wheel of time was even a book and thought you just made up a category for dune and lotr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

roffle. yeah sure.

did anyone mention "catcher in the rye" piece of p1ss.

Boo 2 u!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

ah lol i wasn't sure if wheel of time was even a book and thought you just made up a category for dune and lotr :)

Those wheel time of time books do look overrated from the little I've read, put me off reading them, plus they must be costing 130 euros for the set these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emorgan

The Alchemist - nonsense!!

Advertisement