Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clarksons GT 40

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Those pipes are a tad too ostentatious alright. But on the other hand, as someone else has pointed out, it sits way too high in the air. You'd have to wonder what those decision makers Clarkson was batting on about were thinking when they decided on these things.

I'd still love one though. And a 7. And a 6. And a MINI Cooper S. Have them shipped to my address please; any colour, as long as it's black.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

The M5 is hardly a replacement for a GT, Clarkson is famed for driving Jags anyways? Thanx for the read 528man, anything else of interest in TG?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Fabritzo wrote:
    The M5 is hardly a replacement for a GT, Clarkson is famed for driving Jags anyways? Thanx for the read 528man, anything else of interest in TG?
    Unrestrict it and you would be surprised - I'd say it could go around a track faster then the GT. Evo had a brill head to head of the Pagani Zonda F vs Carrera GT vs F430; of course the F430 was outclassed but then it cost a fraction of the other two. They all got 5 stars. Of course. Could you imagine seeing those three cars going down the road in convoy? Jesus, I think I'd lose all bladder control.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I loved the piss take that Steve Coogan did of him - he modelled his "Crash! Bang! Wallop!" character on Clarkson, who was less than impressed. It was spot on.
    England has some of the safest roads in the world, but this isn't England, zis is ze Autobahn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Unrestrict it and you would be surprised - I'd say it could go around a track faster then the GT. Evo had a brill head to head of the Pagani Zonda F vs Carrera GT vs F430; of course the F430 was outclassed but then it cost a fraction of the other two. They all got 5 stars. Of course. Could you imagine seeing those three cars going down the road in convoy? Jesus, I think I'd lose all bladder control.

They were all at Goodwood. In fact there were a few 430's and a few new GT40's and a couple of original ones. Only one Zonta, and one Carerra, Was impressive alright. They were all parked in a padock where you could wander about and talk to drivers, owners, mechanics, peer in at all the nooks and crannies. What a weekend for my camera to break! My mate hasn't sent me his pics yet, but some else has posted this on the web.

Check out the video here...
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/Goodwood2005.htm

For me, the flesh the GT is the best looking. We passed a Zonta and a 430 on the roads around Goodwood too. There were loads of Rolls and 360's everywhere. Most impressive car for me was the Toyota GT1. There were two of them at the show. One took a run up the hill. The noise of the F1 cars doing wheelspins was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

They were all at Goodwood. In fact there were a few 430's and a few new GT40's and a couple of original ones. Only one Zonta, and one Carerra, Was impressive alright. They were all parked in a padock where you could wander about and talk to drivers, owners, mechanics, peer in at all the nooks and crannies. What a weekend for my camera to break! My mate hasn't sent me his pics yet, but some else has posted this on the web.

Check out the video here...
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/Goodwood2005.htm

For me, the flesh the GT is the best looking. We passed a Zonta and a 430 on the roads around Goodwood too. There were loads of Rolls and 360's everywhere. Most impressive car for me was the Toyota GT1. There were two of them at the show. One took a run up the hill. The noise of the F1 cars doing wheelspins was something else.

Zonda...Zonda... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Didn't some lad in a Ferrari (430?) crash and kill himself at goodwood ?

I'm sure 'alfasudcrazy' had a stash of ogrish_type pictures of it someplace.. :D

qz wrote:
    Zonda...Zonda... ;)

Oops. I'm tired ok.... :D

528i wrote:
    Didn't some lad in a Ferrari (430?) crash and kill himself at goodwood ?

I'm sure 'alfasudcrazy' had a stash of ogrish_type pictures of it someplace.. :D

Some guy reshaped a Jag this year. I didn't hear about a 430 crashing. I'd be surprised, if someone killed themselves on the hill climb. You not confusing it with the circuit beside it? (also called Goodwood)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

qz wrote:
    Zonda...Zonda... ;)
    ZONDAAAAAAAA :D The inside of the Zonda F looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

dahamsta wrote:
    Those pipes are a tad too ostentatious alright. But on the other hand, as someone else has pointed out, it sits way too high in the air. You'd have to wonder what those decision makers Clarkson was batting on about were thinking when they decided on these things.
    hm517.jpg
    this (what looks like a supersrint setup on a) hartge conversion looks a hell'uv alot better.

Black. without those alloys. and cover in sh|t so no one distinguishes it from the lesser 520i :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Apparently be'll off the road for a long while under doctors orders, due to 2 slipped disks.

Advertisement