Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holotropic Breathwork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MorrisseyMc

Martin Duffy was involved in that with Dr Brown, he facilitated the work shop I went to.

I have to say I am still feeling the benefits of the breathwork. Very much so. ts amazing !

Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Maria,
    yes it can take a while to integrate a breathwork experience. It sounds to me like you had a very powerful experience. There are a lot of workshops in Ireland. There are centres in Westport and Wicklow. I know a lot of people training to be facilitators. It is still very much alive these days. Yesterday was world breathwork day in which workshops were held all over the world. Haven't done any of the training myself, though it's something I would definitely consider at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

how does a session work?

i am used to working with a one to one therapist when doing bodywork. are you on your own in your experience or is there holding?

is the set up always a workshop or cna you do one to one also?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ROB123456789

Yes Ivor was a life safer back in 90's - but I've fallen into a core trauma again - feel hopeless - unemployed ex - art college very mature man - I'm feeling many dark thoughts - went down medication road - foolishly - any free sessions for 'hopeless case' rob

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Yes Ivor was a life safer back in 90's - but I've fallen into a core trauma again - feel hopeless - unemployed ex - art college very mature man - I'm feeling many dark thoughts - went down medication road - foolishly - any free sessions for 'hopeless case' rob

Hi Rob, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. This is not Holotropic Breathwork but you are given various techniques, inlcuding scanning for emotional trauma, to try to solve health issues. Perhaps a kindle version of this would be some short-term comfort while you get other advice? http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Healer-World-Famous-Method-Yourself-ebook/dp/B0050JT0XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406575185&sr=8-1&keywords=you+the+healer

Best wishes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hi Rob..

Its 100euro for a full day... I was meant to go on a day workshop last week but was sick so couldn't go.. I am sure you could ask if they do discounts for unwaged etc? or pay 20euro a week until its paid off?

check out holotropic breathwork ireland..

imho.. its deffo worth doing... :o)

Advertisement