Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any one got one of those secret car sales guide thingeys handy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

i have an alfa 156 and have had no problems, eoin_s has one and his dad ditto.

Everyman and his fookin dog knows the Alfas are pure sh-ite. So there good for the first 50/60000 miles if your lucky, big deal. A timing belt change is a fortune compared to other cars, so can you shutup about your ****ty alfa. Its getting boring. They look good but that where it ends. :rolleyes:

I notice you dont state the mileage of either of them alfas you claim to know above.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Everyman and his fookin dog knows the Alfas are pure sh-ite. So there good for the first 50/60000 miles if your lucky, big deal. A timing belt change is a fortune compared to other cars, so can you shutup about your ****ty alfa. Its getting boring. They look good but that where it ends. :rolleyes:

I notice you dont state the mileage of either of them alfas you claim to know above.

so much for pleasant debate, you're the one that keeps advising people to get a pug 306 diesel :D Yeah nice one.

Alfas are crap because a timing belt change is expensive? My alfa has 52000 Eoin_s has 45+ dunno bout his dads, i didnt claim anything i made a statement of fact you should try it.

Any other well informed comments to make or are you just going to aim insults at some more people?

Alfsa are crap cause they have no lastability, and over expensive timing belt services dont help anyone. How many problem-free 156`s are there with 100k miles on them, and if there are any theres being a small fortune spent on them to get there.

And i reccommended a Pug 406 diesel,,, i know of 2 ppl with 405`s with over 200,000miles on them,,, the alfa would be long dead. Look in the trader/bB+sell,,, theres loads of 406`s with 160k miles on them, and still running. Alfas are like Fiats, there for ppl with no money, but least the alfa looks good.

Alfsa are crap cause they have no lastability, and over expensive timing belt services dont help anyone. How many problem-free 156`s are there with 100k miles on them, and if there are any theres being a small fortune spent on them to get there.

And i reccommended a Pug 406 diesel,,, i know of 2 ppl with 405`s with over 200,000miles on them,,, the alfa would be long dead. Look in the trader/bB+sell,,, theres loads of 406`s with 160k miles on them, and still running. Alfas are like Fiats, there for ppl with no money, but least the alfa looks good.

People with no money? well i have one and i know i dont fall into that category ;) but i wont boast about my extensive education or job this is a thread about cars and i only keep cars for 12-18 months max so having an ugly loud agricultural 405/406 pug that will do a million miles is of no interest to me. the only one id touch would be the coupe.

Incidentally a mate bought a 406 as a stop gap car while waiting on his new golf gti. 99 exec spec 406 with a 2ltr turbo engine 100k on it, he spent over 600 on engine/exhaust repairs in 6 weeks of ownership ;)

this is a thread about cars and i only keep cars for 12-18 months max
    Actually, its a thread about the original thread poster looking for a replacement for his reliable agricultural corolla diesel. And who gives a fook how long you keep your cars for :rolleyes: I dont remember anyone asking.
    so having an ugly loud agricultural 405/406 pug that will do a million miles is of no interest to me.

Strangely enough, i dont give a fook what interests you.
    What has this got to do with the thread? I was posting a car that the original poster RONAC would be interested,,, i think you`ll find an agricultural 406 diesel may well be of interest to him.

So you`ve managed to change the thread off topic to your alfas, education + job, time you keep your cars, and Alafa`s reliability. (or lack of) :D
    but i wont boast about my extensive education or job this is a thread about cars and i only keep cars for 12-18 months max
    You just did, Numnutts!

• Advertisement

Actually, its a thread about the original thread poster looking for a replacement for his reliable agricultural corolla diesel. And who gives a fook how long you keep your cars for :rolleyes: I dont remember anyone asking.

I dont care if anyone was asking i was telling, no one asked you anything at all but you have plenty to say. I dont care what you think about alfas but you went ahead and told me. Obviously you are quite a boring fellow if a diesel peugeout floats your boat

Strangely enough, i dont give a fook what interests you.
    What has this got to do with the thread? I was posting a car that the original poster RONAC would be interested,,, i think you`ll find an agricultural 406 diesel may well be of interest to him.

Well its pretty far removed from a 1.6ltr golf or focus to be fair, i couldnt care less what interests you, you obviously have no taste whatsoever. I recommended an alfa as its within his price range nad offers more car for the money than a golf or a focus. However i did say if he wasnt into an alfa that i would def go for the focus.
    So you`ve managed to change the thread off topic to your alfas, education + job, time you keep your cars, and Alafa`s reliability. (or lack of) :D

Silly boy i think you'll find that was you, all i did was recommend a car and question the reliability of VAG cars in the same way people always question the reliability of alfas. Hashslinging was saying he never had a prob with his two cars and that was fair enough, i said i never had a porblem with my car but that doesnt make all alfas reliable which is also fair enough. You were the one that steamed in here with your size fives and started jumping around all over the place. making ill informed comments and generally making yourself look silly

You just did, Numnutts!c
    Oh dear silly me, guess it was because i was told by someone like that i had no money roflmao ;)

To the original poster, sorry about this i was just trying to make a recommendation.

Again i reiterate, if an alfa doesnt float your boat id really try and get the nicest 3 door black or silver focus with zetec trim. personally if looking at VAG cars a leon is a better buy than a golf imo. They are in effect the same car but the leon imo looks nicer and will cost less.

The 1.4 here will be a bit weedy but it looks lovely
    http://www.cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID=310792&ID=539619&Make=Seat&Model=Leon%20Sport&frmFilter=

And the recommendations of peugeouts :D try one by all means but unless its the 406 couple i wouldnt bother, and dont tell 306shooter but they aint all that reliable either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Alright calm down, calm down.

ronoc

If you're unsure about the price - check around other dealers, cbg.ie, motorzone.ie.

If you're unsure about the car - start spending your weekends test driving your options at differnent garages

Ulitmately according to Swiss Toni
    Checking the details of a second-hand car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, verify her year of origin. She may look like she rolled off the production line in 1990 but who's to say the fellow before you didn't give her a good spraying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

have you ever driven an alfa for any length of time? have you ever driven 50 or 60k miles in any car?

when you have, and you have passed your test (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2908146&postcount=1) then come back and give us your learned opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Hey lads i bought a car last week, i was looking at golfs for ages but i got very sick of them. They're boring and over priced.
    An Audi A3 caught my eye so i went mental and bought it.
    00, 51K Black 1.6 petrol 5dr. Paid 12,500 for it. I must say i am absolutely delighted with it.
    She's a beast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nuttzz wrote:
    give us your learned opinion

*nearly choked on my coffee*

• Advertisement

lol :D

Lil piccy of 306's old car he advertised on boards,

he loved his 306 so much he plastered 306 across the windscreen