Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irritating people

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Oh, you mean "GO, GO, I'm letting you through" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Edit Gone in - maybe I wasn't being quite as clear as I had thought.... :o
    - Thanks Alun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Raiser wrote:
    Edit Gone in - maybe I wasn't being quite as clear as I had thought.... :o
    - Thanks Alun.....
    No problem, and there was me thinking it was some kind of local "patois" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

- What about Bus drivers that pull out as you are overtaking them????? Bearing in mind that I understand that they have to pull in every 20 Metres to allow people on or off & I ALWAYS let them back in as soon as they close their doors and indicate etc.

However - its a popular thing amongst bus drivers to pull out on top of you while your are halfway through overtaking them. Think they've a general grudge against all other road users 'cause nobody lets them back into traffic....Damn scary, and very fu*kin* dangerous......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

the easiest and safest way to deal with tailgaters is to ease off the throttle and let the car slow down without braking.. you can then plant the boot and leave them for dust or else they'll get p!ssed off enough to go by you.. either way they leave your rear bumper..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

[CAUTION: to be used in extreme cases only... such as the above Primera example. Have used twice, always got same reaction (priceless)]

Next set of lights / junction / stop sign
    (i) Get out of car
    (ii) Tap gently on window (with a smile)
    (iii) Explain that your boot contains [insert items here, mine's usually a Dublin map & a brolley]
    and that now there's no need to climb into it anymore.

(An alternative is to not tap window and explain, but open boot and show items one by one) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭samo

Nice one ambro, your a brave man though as there are some nutcases out there!

When I looked over at my closley acquainted primere friend (albeit with a look or bewilderment) he was nearly hugging the steering wheel with a look of deep concentration on his face....did lead me to wonder was he just very short sighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

dublin busses with no headlights but foglamps on during the day- AAHHHHHHH

bus stops just after a junction but not in the bus lane....why!!! a classic at nutgrove that casue all sorts of trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Raiser wrote:
    - People driving slowly in fast lane need to be sand-papered to death.

It's not a "fast lane". Thats why people sit in the outside lane when they're not overtaking, they think its a lane for going fast in and one persons definition of fast is another persons definition of slow.

It's actually for overtaking, if you're not overtaking you should be in the left lane (not the "slow lane").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

A copper in a Saab? Those protection rackets must really be paying off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

ambro25 wrote:
    An alternative is to not tap window and explain, but open boot and show items one by one :D

L :D M :D A :D O :D

Advertisement