Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying TV Theme Tune....?

Options
  • 23-06-2005 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭

Topic title says it all... i'm currently enjoying a little show called 'Wonderfalls' (due to start on both Sky and TV3 next week)

The show is quite good... but every time i hear the theme tune, i really just want to rip off my ears and throw them at the screen (..and that's putting it lightly)

And for all you doubters: here is THAT theme tune! (...shudder!...)

Anyways, opinions wanted on your most loathed TV theme tune.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ST: Enterprise theme tune has been known to cause tumors in small children.

Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That is a terrible theme tune. Almost as bad as Bodger and badger. I flippin' hate that show and its theme tune!! Can they not kill them off!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just thought of another one: "Bananas in Pyjamas"... but i think we can practically name every kids TV shows tune as they're meant to just sound fecking irritating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ireland AM's theme music. It easily irritates as its played approx. every 8 mins during the show

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Absolutely Fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

hmm, most would annoy me tbh

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Goodshape wrote:
    ST: Enterprise theme tune has been known to cause tumors in small children.

Allegedly.

Have to agree with that one. I mute the sound when the credits come up. The other week I realised that I hadn't actually heard the theme song since the very first episode and as the show is ending soon I left the sound on. Won't ever be repeating that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Now that its mentioned that Wonderfalls yoke is horrible, not that I watch it....

I personally find eastenders to have a nasty theme song, Bananas in Pyjamas was annoying because the show started every feckin 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

South Park. At first, anyway. After a few viewings it begins to sound oddly pleasant. :confused:

Also, I like the Wonderfalls theme tune. It's so wacky. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

any of the australian soaps...home and away..shortland street..neighbours...i mean they change the tempo or the beat but its still the same song after all these years and everytime i hear any of them i feel the need to scream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The new dead zone theme...which you probably havnt heard since I have been getting it from my "cousins" :D but they changed the theme song,and it sucks ass :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The theme tune for 'Jeremiah' - a really sickly, sweet tune that's at odds with the show's post-Apocalyptic setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Coronation Street - Sounds like a cat being strangled.

Some others that spring to mind....

Family Ties (ugh..)
    Baywatch
    Charmed (mangled Smiths tune)
    Doc (lets hunt and kill Billy Ray Cyrus)
    Will and Grace
    Seinfeld (great show, but the music and incidental music makes me want to throw the tv out the window)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The new dead zone theme...

And that RTE TWO show it at 1am on Friday nights. :rolleyes:

Theme music is important cann't watch shows with bad intros. So cann't think of any that annoy me.

What do you think about the new Law And Order music. Have to say the old music was kind of irrattating but you knew it was Law And Order it was part of the franchise. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

I don't know about you but the scariest of all time has to be... Unsolved Mysteries. Oh my god, I used to start crying every time I heard that when I was younger... Here it is for those who are brave enough to listen :eek:

http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/die15/Scariest.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

thing that used to give me nightmares when i was young was the theme to
    "prisoner cell block H"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I actually liked the original "faith of the heart" enterprise theme tune
    then they went all drum'n bass with it (the american version) and now its just different and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Coronation Street is pretty bad along with Home and Away. They should have the actors write the theme tune, sing the theme tune. That always worked well. Just look at minder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Can't believe nobody mentioned "Heartbeat" yet.

I hates it I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

homah_7ft wrote:
    They should have the actors write the theme tune, sing the theme tune. That always worked well. Just look at minder.
    Hey I think you are on to something!
    Fraiser, Only Fools & Horses :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

GreeBo wrote:
    Fraiser, Only Fools & Horses :eek:

always thought the same myself mate
    does sound like "rodney"
    but it is not .Composed and performed by John Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GreeBo wrote:
    Frasier, Only Fools & Horses :eek:
    'Only Fools & Horses' theme tune was actually sung by John Sullivan, the writer.

I love the Frasier theme tune though.... groovy! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Red Dwarf intro from Series Three onwards.
    Xena (blech).
    Any Fair City theme tune.
    Joey.
    Nationwide.
    Neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It has to be StarTrek Enterprise for me too. It's got to be the longest and most boring theme tune ever. Talk about a perfect theme for a bunch of hippie (hippy?) do-gooders. I much prefered the theme on the "Evil Enterprise" episodes. Actually the show was much better that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Buck rogers in the 25th century.

the first time you hear it I guarantee your ears will bleed,*

*not a guarantee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Actually, the 'Dead Like Me' theme tune isn't great either. Although I guess it's not the tune itself that annoys me. It's just that it seems to go on for several hours. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Malcolm In The Middle
    Friends
    Fairly Sh!tty
    Coronation Street
    The RTE News
    Heartbeat
    Most kids' shows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hollyoaks does my head in, also brookside back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Are yis sure its John Sullivan who sings the only fools tune? I really could swear from hearing it its Rodney, it sounds exactly like him
    Quite like that tune, but then again I love the show, so Id hafta I suppose

Anyway, the worst theme tune is without doubt the whiney O.C "caaaaallllllllyyyyyfoooooorrrrrnnnnnnyyyyyyyaaaaaa" fcuk me, who the hell listens to this middle of the road Killers type of sh1te? Of all the brilliant songs that have been made about California (Pac and Dres California Love, In California by Daz Dillinger, Westside by TQ, Nuthin But a G Thang by Snoop and Dre, pile of other rap tunes) its disgraceful that kids are wetting themselves for this sh1te
    I know gangsta rap mightnt be appropriate theme for a show set in a rich part of LA but still! Find somethin half decent rather than more long haired American twats whining about how their bird left them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Divers wrote:
    Can't believe nobody mentioned "Heartbeat" yet.

I hates it I tell ya!

Eh.. Because Heartbeat is cool? And the tune too?

Reminds me of being up in Sligo, love it.

Advertisement