Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who loved Bosco?

Options
  • 23-06-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Who loved Bosco? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I hate the wee bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hated that feck3r!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

there are a few threads in other forums, legends of the boards and somewhere else, similar in tone to this.

i love bosco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

My Mom tells me that whenever Bosco wasn't on tv (taken off for horse racing or something) I used to get so upset that she rang up RTE to complain! I was only a toddler though....must have only been 2/3 so I can't be held accountable for my taste 21 years ago! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Stop bad-mouthing bosco :(

:D HE IS GOD :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Everyone loved Bosco.

Just wait until my Bosco t-shirts start getting around. Oh - ye'll all be jealous then!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Do you mean physically or emotionally? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i had to kiss bosco... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Dear Scuba Steve, consider this a pre-emptive welcome to The Cuckoo's Nest, where your kind are welcomed and revered,[strike]as well as being made[/strike] rather than being made the subject of ridicule.

the enemies of bosco are gathering, but his loyal minions will follow him to hell and back... there's no stopping us...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm shooting a short film where Bosco is the topic of conversation in 4 weeks :)

Bosco was the bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I never really liked him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Is it a he or a her or a heshe?

joejoem wrote:
    Is it a he or a her or a heshe?

i always thought "it" was a he but i dont really know.... perhaps "it's" asexual, since we havent seen any others of his species. perhaps the result of genetic engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

toiletduck wrote:
    i always thought "it" was a he but i dont really know.... perhaps "it's" asexual, since we havent seen any others of his species. perhaps the result of genetic engineering

Ronald Mac Donalds sperm perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

rainglow wrote:
    My Mom tells me that whenever Bosco wasn't on tv (taken off for horse racing or something) I used to get so upset that she rang up RTE to complain! I was only a toddler though....must have only been 2/3 so I can't be held accountable for my taste 21 years ago! :D

I used to cry if mom n dad didn't wave goodbye to bosco. All hell broke loose if dad wasn't home in time....
    I still have my bosco album somewhere!
    "I'm painting, I'm painting"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lola123 wrote:
    I still have my bosco album somewhere!
    "I'm painting, I'm painting"

Yeah I still have my bosco album on vinyl at home what a legend he was.

Can everyone remember the tongue twisters where their neck got bigger.
    The play doh men who used to make stuff and change shape.
    And dont forget "Whats behind the magic door?"

Absolute classic. I want it back on the TV!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

This is up on loads of threads but anyway..

Bosco.. The magic door.

ALWAYS Dublin zoo. ALWAYS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Kingp35 wrote:
    "Whats behind the magic door?"

Dublin Zoo always. did the cameras ever go outside the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Feenikusu

What the hell is Bosco? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Wha??? U didnt know Bosco? He/she was the best TV programme back in the good auld days . . . . until he got robbed and the show had to be cancelled anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Someone stole bosco!
    I always wondered why it ended :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i only ever watched it for the "knock knock open wide..." part...and the song at the start got me up and dancing about like an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

why does every one keep stealing my thread! I started the bosco craze on here!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=247092
    Bosco = god over all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Feenikusu

Wha??? U didnt know Bosco? He/she was the best TV programme back in the good auld days . . . . until he got robbed and the show had to be cancelled anyway :(
    Nope, never heard of it. How does he/she looks like? We have a kind of apple which sounds a bit like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭MooShop

it used to be a puppet that lived in a box (that had a "5" on the inside part of the door), had red hair, and green and white striped clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Loved Bosco, but hated the Magic Door. You always thought there was going to be a great surprise, but all you got was stupid monkeys or elephants.
    I remember having a Bosco hand puppet which my uncle got me from RTE when I was younger. Unfortunately the poor thing got destroyed as I threw it around a lot. I wish I still had it now...

For the person asking who Bosco is - there a pic here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Jaysus....I had forgotton about that little fecker....used to annoy the hell out of me when the younger brother was watching it.

Now Wanderly Wagon....there was a real kids prog. Good auld fortycoats....judge and O'Brien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

odie wrote:
    Good auld fortycoats....judge and O'Brien

I loved Forty Coats ... hated that red headed pox :mad: always with the Zoo!

I heard the guy who did Wanderly Wagon etc on the radio last week [could've been this week] going on about his museum ... I went there on a school tour back in the day ... talk about a waste of a day [I even thought so back then]!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Comerford

Advertisement