Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why living here bites...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any idea if/when Dark Water will be released here? The gf is mad to see it. Was released in the UK on Friday, but I gather it hasn't be rated here, so it's not been released. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Maynard. wrote:
    True, But thats not going to stop me getting excited about it.
    I couldnt wait to see the TCM remake, even tho I knew it would pale in comparison to the original, I guess I just like to think theres a chance it will improve.. :rolleyes:

After seeing the first half im not too excited about seeing the rest of it. It only looked OK nothing special. Dont get yer hopes up too high lads.

Id say dark water will get a general release here it looks kinda main stream enough with jenifer connolly in it. And im sure it will have a " form the XXXXXXer of the ring" tag attacked to it to give people some frame of reference. This one looks good, I havent seen the orignal but im sure they will all say its better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Id say dark water will get a general release here it looks kinda main stream enough with jenifer connolly in it. And im sure it will have a " form the XXXXXXer of the ring" tag attacked to it to give people some frame of reference. This one looks good, I havent seen the orignal but im sure they will all say its better.

I've seen the original and quite enjoyed it because it was all about atmosphere. I will keep an eye out for the remake, but I don't expect to enjoy it quite as much as the original. Mind you, that could be just pickyness on my part :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

koneko wrote:
    Haha, indeed. What a woeful pile of horsepoo. Bloodrayne? I'd rather poke my eyes out with a rusty fork than sit through another Uwe Boll trainwreck.

I agree... and I'm not the only one....
    http://www.uweboll.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I can't understand it lads. How can you say the films are crap and you hav'nt even seen them. Personally I'll probably end up watching the whole lot of them. There's never enough horror ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

seamus wrote:
    Any idea if/when Dark Water will be released here? The gf is mad to see it. Was released in the UK on Friday, but I gather it hasn't be rated here, so it's not been released. :(

See the original tbh!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

garred wrote:
    I can't understand it lads. How can you say the films are crap and you hav'nt even seen them. Personally I'll probably end up watching the whole lot of them. There's never enough horror ;)

This is true, but on the other hand you can make an educated guess about their likely quality judging from their predecessors in the "american remake" genre and the people involved in making them.

I may end up watching some of them, but given my limited enjoyment of The Ring and The Grudge, I don't hold out much hope of really liking any of them.

Screw it, I'm going to watch that copy of the Fog that I got recently (12 euro for the 2disc edition - woot!). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Saturday 20 August: SHAUN OF THE DEAD 15 / LAND OF THE DEAD 15 Special Preview @ Somerset House
    A double-bill of ‘Dead’: Simon Pegg protects loved ones – and London – in a romantic-comedy with corpses, while zombie maestro George A. Romero reanimates his legendary ‘Living Dead’ series with a new flesh-munching masterpiece.
    Tickets: £12.50
    Ticketmaster: 0870 4000 603 / On-line www.somerset-house.org.uk/summer www.filmfour.com
    Doors open 6.30pm, DJs from 7.30pm, Film 9pm for 9.15pm start
    NO glass or bottles allowed on site
    Somerset House, Strand, London WC2

Oh to be in London this w/e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

From http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=58228

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of George A. Romero's Land of the Dead for 18th October 2005. The long-awaited fourth instalment in George A Romero's ‘Dead’ series, set in a walled city, which is mankind's last refuge against an army of evolving zombies.

Available in separate Unrated Director's Cut (97mins) and Theatrical Cut (93mins) editions (separate Widescreen and Full Screen versions on the former, Full Screen only the latter) both present the film with English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround audio options and English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Theatrical Cut edition also features a French DD5.1 Surround audio track.

Bonus features on both Theatrical and Unrated Edition DVDs include:

* Feature commentary with George A. Romero, Producer Peter Grunwald and Editor Michael Doherty
    * Undead Again: The Making of Land of the Dead
    * A Day with the Living Dead
    * The Remaining Bits
    * When Shaun Met George

Exclusive Unrated Edition bonus features include:

* Bringing the Dead to Life
    * Scenes of Carnage
    * Zombie Effects: From Green Screen to Finished Scene
    * Bringing the Storyboards to Life
    * Scream Tests: Zombie Casting Call

X

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Pitty the movie isn't great...

• Advertisement

Vaguely off topic but since I saw the Dark Water remake at the weekend....was reasonably pleased with it, they did make a good effort at keeping the atmosphere. They still went for jumpy bits though, and some of the changes made (including an irritatingly condescending final exposition scene) dumb it down. To be expected, but anyway....close enough to the original to render it almost pointless viewing, but it could've been a lot worse..

Advertisement