Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I used to think a lot like you man.

Don't worry, you will get used to it eventually, just make sure she's on the pill before you do anything.

Only once has a condom broke on me before, my gf went to the doctor but the doc said she didn't need the MA pill because she was already on the pill.

Trust me, when your gf goes on the pill, anytime you feel worried, be sure to read the booklet that comes with it, it tells you what exactly it does and makes you feel 100% better.

For now though, just wash your hands before doing anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Listen man, Im gonna be honest with you.

If you are doing stuff with her, relax, and think to yourself that everything is fine.There is no way that she can get pregnant if you are fingering her, not a chance. I know how being over protective you are of her,especially with pregnancy.Im UNBELIEVABLY overprotective of my gf and like yourself I would freak out or go insane if anything happened to her.
    I have had an accident with the gf in the past, and we sorted it out,I paid for the morning after pill, I went in with her, held her hand and she said it made her feel a world of a difference.Just remember,

1)If you are simply fooling around, without any intercourse, there is a sheer fire way that she is definatly not pregnant.

2)If you do have sex with her with a condom on, get the extra strength ones, and if you are worried about her after sex, examine the condom carefully for any rips etc.

3)If you are still worried, talk to her, and if you feel that the morning after pill is a good idea, then get it.It costs 50 euro by the place beside SMYTHS toys over by parnell street.

Just try your best to rethink about what you say to her about pregnancy, if you explain to her that you love her dearly and you wish for her to be ok, then I sincerly think you should just take your time with sex.Until you both are comfortable with the fact of sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 worried2

Before i stop pestering you with questions, i have one more. If i wear a condom, is the only way she can get pregnant if it breaks, or i spill some?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,398 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dathai wrote:
    3)If you are still worried, talk to her, and if you feel that the morning after pill is a good idea, then get it

The morning after pill should only be used as a very last last resort as can be very unpredictable and have serious side effects. Just so you know. (gf's a nurse so have been given the lowdown on the girly side of things!)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

worried2 wrote:
    Before i stop pestering you with questions, i have one more. If i wear a condom, is the only way she can get pregnant if it breaks, or i spill some?

listen man you gotta stop worrying so much and relax about it, for her to get pregnant sperm needs to get to her eggs and penetrate them (i am telling you this cos you dont seem to have much knowlege on the subject) so therefore if you have a condom on and it doesnt break then the sperm hasnt entered her and therefore cant get pregnant, so get her to go on the pill wear a condom and you'll be fine (its the safest you can be so at least you cant say you werent safe)

how does your gf feel about this, what does she think???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

worried2 wrote:
    Not every tear or hole will be obvious, but its **highly** unlikely. Just make sure you get the condom on early, as small quantities of semen are present well before ejaculation.

Regarding testing the condom by filling it with water - this is not a prevention measure, all you would be doing is testing the condom after the fact.
    1)If you are simply fooling around, without any intercourse, there is a [sure] fire way that she is definatly not pregnant.
    However, manually stimulating her with semen on his hands would be imprudent behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Worried, you need to educate yourself - most of your 'what if...?' questions do not make sense. Your girlfriend should also educate herself about her fertility for her own good, though sadly most women don't.

Get to know her cycle. Find out about ovulation, chart her ovulation period for a few months. With some imagination, this can be a fun thing to do. Once you see the pattern within which she ovulates, then you can be sure of what days you are most at risk of pregnancy.

There are SO many other things you can do that do not bring your bits anywhere near her bits - have fun finding out about them too.

Re the Pill: It might be convenient, but it is not 100% effective, and more importantly, your girlfriend may not think the health risks are worth it, so, again, EDUCATE yourselves on the pros and cons. You can find information all over the place, certainly on the net, though probably the most responsible thing to do would be to draw up a list of your questions and worries and ask a health professional about them. I say draw up a list in advance as we all forget what we meant to ask at the time.

It's good that you are thinking of implications of your actions, but worrying too much is almost as bad as not worrying at all.

Advertisement