Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Into The West!

Options
  • 02-06-2005 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone remember the film, Into The West? (Gabriel Byrne, early Nineties).
    It's about a traveller family and their dead mother, who has been reincarnated as a magical white horse named Tír na nOg. I bought it on DVD at the weekend and it's brought back a lot of memories of when I watched it as a child.

Nala

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

Nala wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone remember the film, Into The West? (Gabriel Byrne, early Nineties).
    It's about a traveller family and their dead mother, who has been reincarnated as a magical white horse named Tír na nOg. I bought it on DVD at the weekend and it's brought back a lot of memories of when I watched it as a child.

Nala

They're taykin me horse, they're taykin me horse!

She's terrible partial t'the periwinkle blu... oh wait, wrong Pikey. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

do tha braythin tayho
    do tha braythin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

oh...dan...ee... boooiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

get on the horse tayto you cream cracker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Taaayto, Taaayto...

I went to see that in the cinema with my family. I remember it coz we were meant to go see a local panto but the power went in the hall and it would take an hour before they got a generator so the whole family headed to the cinema and we saw that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

my resounding memory of that film was when they tried to cook the can of beans over the open fire! Twas funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

She's terrible partial t'the periwinkle blu... oh wait, wrong Pikey. :-)

LMAO :D Ah sure wat the **** woul i wan wit a caravan wit no wheels? :)

They showed Into the West last Christmas, aye I liked it, hadnt seen it in years. Love films that show Dublin back in the early 90s, like this, The Van etc etc.

Its funny to remember there were horses runnin all over Dublin years ago, now the pikys are the only people in Dublin with them
    National Geographic Channel did a docu years ago about the lads in the flats who had horses, around the same time the corpo started seizing them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I went horse riding for a few weeks in Dublin years back and I was riding Tayto!! (White with brown patches)
    I thought I was the business! - on a famous horse!! horray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ummm, you were riding Tayto? :confused: Tayto was one of the young travellers in the film, not the name of the horse. The horse was named Tir na N'Og.

Remember seeing that film loads of times years ago. For some reason my father really liked it. Happened to stumble across it flicking through the channels when they showed it last Christmas. I, too, hadn't seen it for years so imagine my surprise when I saw 'Bishop Brennan' in it playing a guard. Forgot all about him in it. Had to laugh when I saw that. :D

I'll say one thing. Ellen Barkin was a pretty good looking tinker! ;):D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Such a classic movie, havent watched it in years... i loved when they were in watching the film in the cinema with the horse.

"Tayto, Tayto... me legs are like Jellay"

• Advertisement

The granddad in it is Charlie Bucket's grandfather in the new Willy Wonka movie. Thought that dude was dead! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Waiting for a lift with the horse,

Passer by: You're not bringing that into the lift are ya?
    Kid: Sure i hafta, the stairs'd kill him!!

LMAO!! Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

me names o reilly , mr o reilly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    me names o reilly , mr o reilly :D

was it not murphy

Q: Whats your Name?
    A: Murphy
    Q: Whats your first name?
    A: Mr Murphy

:D

was it not murphy

Q: Whats your Name?
    A: Murphy
    Q: Whats your first name?
    A: Mr Murphy

:D

oh man i think it was , Me and the bf were trying to think of it last night :)

Was reading the independant there yesterday about the demolitian of one of the Balymum flats and there was an ad beside it saying there's a free dvd of Into The West next saturday/sunday!

Yay!

Larianne wrote:
    Was reading the independant there yesterday about the demolitian of one of the Balymum flats and there was an ad beside it saying there's a free dvd of Into The West next saturday/sunday!

Yay!
    yays!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

****'S SAKE!!!! I spent €18 on it and it's gonna be free with the paper??????????

Nala wrote:
    ****'S SAKE!!!! I spent €18 on it and it's gonna be free with the paper??????????

Yes, free this weekend! But you get the nice box and probably a free poster???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

I'll be pickin that up. I love when they go to Back To The Future Part III with Tír Ná Nóg in the cinema. lol

• Advertisement

I'll be pickin that up. I love when they go to Back To The Future Part III with Tír Ná Nóg in the cinema. lol
    oh man that was so funny , I always wanted to get locked in the cinema eating all the sweets and the big screen , that was deadly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nala wrote:

hate it when things like that happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I wouldn't mind, only I hardly ever buy DVDs...Grrrrr!!!!!! :mad:

that sucks alright , suppose ya couldnt take it back , it`d look pretty obvious .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Was the young lad in that film called "Tayto"?

I thought it was but on the ad yer man says 'Teeto'. I'm sure its more Tayto, he has to be named after the crisps!! ;)

yea i think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

According to IMDB, it's actually Tito. But I think we'll always refer to the little guy as Tayto. I know I will, anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

yeah its tito on the back of the dvd too.. got a bit of a shock :D

• Advertisement

oh i forgot today was free dvd day , must head into town for that.

Advertisement