Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE - Forty years of children's TV

Options
  • 01-06-2005 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

next Monday I believe, at 6:30pm

one of Gerry Ryan's hitlist things

could be some good clips - Bosco, Fortycoats, Wanderly Wagon, Anything Goes etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

During Gerry Ryan's 1980's Hitlist thing that was shown around the New Year, they showed various clips from RTE shows from the 80's but there wasn't a single clip of Bosco, Fortycoats or, I think, Wanderly Wagon, so I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing them on it, unfortunately. The reason being that, apparantly, RTE in their infinite wisdom taped over most of, if not all, the tapes that held episodes of those programmes over the years. Stupid, stupid, stupid! :mad: Would be great to see some of those programmes from my childhood again, or see a DVD release or something but, as I said, it's unlikely it'll ever happen, thanks to all the taping over of stuff.

Will give this programme a look on Monday all the same, though, if I get a chance. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

During Gerry Ryan's 1980's Hitlist thing that was shown around the New Year, they showed various clips from RTE shows from the 80's but there wasn't a single clip of Bosco, Fortycoats or, I think, Wanderly Wagon, so I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing them on it, unfortunately. The reason being that, apparantly, RTE in their infinite wisdom taped over most of, if not all, the tapes that held episodes of those programmes over the years. Stupid, stupid, stupid! :mad: Would be great to see some of those programmes from my childhood again, or see a DVD release or something but, as I said, it's unlikely it'll ever happen, thanks to all the taping over of stuff.

Will give this programme a look on Monday all the same, though, if I get a chance. Thanks for the heads-up.

they have some episodes of Wanderly Wagon in the archive
    see post 5

same with Bosco (no episodes made since 1985, but repeated til the mid 90's)
    clips from Anything Goes were shown on Reverb recently.

a DVD release would be the ideal way and would raise plenty revenue

I brought this up before
    see here

Advertisement