Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite pub in Maynooth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

ixus wrote:
    is there anywhere you haven't been clare?

NOTE: i'm not implying that you get around :p

No oxygen for me i'll be out and about in maynooth sat night

How rude! ;)

Nah just have friends all over the gaff, I've been to every nightclub/sh1thole in Ireland at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Alqua wrote:
    I've never been in any of the pubs in Maynooth, but I've heard tonnes about them so I might as well have been!
    I'd have to say the Roost and Brady's are the best, I think. Brady's seems to be the place that's recently gaining more customers. Last Thursday night there was an influx of church musicians into the pubs from the ICMA Summer School.
    Ye're probably fairly p-d with me posting this here, knowing next to nothing about the pubs, but I don't usually spam, so please forgive me. I would've loved to go, nearly fell asleep on a huge window sill in the college waiting for them to get back. And you know, the more you stare at those portraits of the bishops, the more they seem to move... [/rambling]

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Hey all!

I have to say, the roost does it for me!

The day of my recital in college, we went on a major session after, headin to the oul roost and my mother blurted out.......... "God, if they had books in here, there'd be no need for a library in the college"
    I like the new eatin area, but it can b a bit bland, if u eat there everyday. The "dancefloor" is crap, my shed is bigger to dance in!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Hey Bud!

The Roost is still the same apart from the so called dance floor. It's tiny. Good laugh all the same though, The Roost will always be the place to go in Maynooth I think despite Brady's trying to match up. It will always gather the crowds no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

1. bradys upstairs. only recently found out bout this place. duh.
    2. roost.
    3. the glenroyal
    4. the la
    5. caulfields.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hopeless

depends what we're up to on the night.

Quiet pint and chat with the lads, then caufields or Newtown.

If we're out to get wasted and pick up chicks ( :D ), then the Roost all the way, always full of college people, nice atmosphere.

I remember, the Glenroyal pub used to be the place where it's at, probably cause the were really lax on checking id's, so it was full of school people.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Nancy Spains is actually now called Saints Bar, and is by far the trendiest bar in the town, the cocktails and drinks are quite reasonable aswell. Upstairs in Brady's is good but only on a Sat night, if only they kept the music at a resonable level, don't go there if you wanna chat at all. Never really like the roost myself after they renovated it, the old cocktail lounge was the best place by far to drink. Its better now with the dance floor upstairs but its quite small. Was told that there will be free admission on Wed & Thur nights in g spot from now on as well.... bout time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

g spot are getting worried now but they've taken enough money from students for far too long. boycott it and go to bradys, roost etc.

saint bar looks really nice, only looked in the windows from outside but i think i might pay it a visit sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The Roost for me, although I rarely go out in Maynooth anymore. Used to go more when I was in 5th or 6th year, have a few drinks with our teachers! Still my pub of choice, get to see school friends again

Advertisement