Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into town

Options
  • 01-06-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Going to be living in Shanowen this summer but working on the southside on Adelaide Rd. (near harcourt street).

Whats the best way for me to get into work in the mornings/home in the evenings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RWL

Theres the 16 bus that leaves you just at the end of Harcourt St basically. Theres a few shops on a road in the middle of Shanowen, just take a left out of the apartments and then the first right. And at the end of the street where the shops are on you can get the 16 gus from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

Just by mizonis so? never saw a bus-stop there.

Do both the 16 and 16a go by there.

Yea its on the same street as mizoni's, only the 16 though, the 16a goes from the Swords road but that also goes to the end of harcourt street aswell

if you go up the street towards mizonis is the stop to the left or the the right? is it far from there?

Is there any stop that does both the 16/16a nearby?

Whats the best bet if im only looking to go as far as o'connell street.

Akula wrote:
    if you go up the street towards mizonis is the stop to the left or the the right? is it far from there?

Is there any stop that does both the 16/16a nearby?

Whats the best bet if im only looking to go as far as o'connell street.

Walking up the street towards mizoni's take a left and walk to the very end of the street, thats the beginning of the 16 bus route.

A bus stop that does both 16/16a is, where the M1 ends at the junction- walk towards the regency hotel and its the first bus stop on the left.

only going as far as o'connell street, u could get any bus from the swords road or mainly any bus leaving dcu at the ballymun road entrance!walking from Shanowen, the closets would be to the Swords road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭28064212

From Shanowen student res, if you just take a right and keep walking you'll hit the swords road, there's a stop across from you, down to your right a bit. 16/16A both go through O'Connell street, out the Terenure direction. All the 41s go into the city centre, they stop just off O'Connell street in various places. The 746 goes through the city centre out towards Dun Laoghaire. And the 104 stays Northside, goes to Clontarf.

I don't get the bus in the mornings so I don't know what it's like then, but in the evenings I find it's a pain in the arse trying to get to town, could easily be waiting 45 minutes.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭bragan

RWL wrote:
    Walking up the street towards mizoni's take a left and walk to the very end of the street, thats the beginning of the 16 bus route.

if you go through the alley beside mizzionis the 16 stops on the other end of it. thats much closer than walking to the end of Shanard RD

cheers bragan. Does the 16a stop there by any chance? Or any other busses? The 16 isn't the most regular bus in the world so wouldn't mind a fallback.

no, only the 16 stops there. Service is grand in the mornings and evening, its just during the atfernoon/weekends that its crap. Girls i live with get it every day, and they have no problem with it. so you might be ok with it. if you want to get the 16a you have to walk to the end of shanowen road.

oh, and if you only want to go to o connell st, the 13/13a stops on the ballymun rd. if you walk to the end of shanard rd, turn right and then left the stops right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

quick question, how far is dcu from town centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

15/20 min bus trip in decent traffic.

45min walking.

Well I went to get the 16 this morning. Went up the alley by mizonnis. The bus arrived at 8.35 on time, but the driver said he was only going as far as o'connel street.... but there was another bus right behind him that would be going to town.

I waited... and waited... until the 8:50 arrived... which was ALSO only going to o'connell street... got me in to there by about 9:10 and then I headed quickly for trinity where I got the no 15 the rest of the way. Expensive way in though having to get two busses. Must get me a bus pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

As well as those 16s, have a look out for the 3 which leaves Larkhill every 30mins or so.
    There's one at 0840 that goes towards Belfield.

hum, not sure about the o connell st thing. ill ask the girls i live with if thats what its usually like. you could get the 5 day rambler, its EUR15.50 or its EUR19 for the 7 day pass(i think)

Got a 7 day for 15.50. Wanted to get a monthly but apparantly it has to run for a calendar month, 1st to 31st and you cant do it from eg. 8th June to 8th July. Will just get weekly ones till then.

Advertisement