Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who IS King Of The Blues?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Eric Clapton
    rattboy wrote:
    The King Of The Blues? What a stupid poll

FFS don't take life so seriously....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

rattboy wrote:
    The King Of The Blues? What a stupid poll

This is not science, just a bit of fun.

Once again you have surpassed yourself with your contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 redfender_man

My particular favourite is Big Bill Broonzy, but a good read is Robert Gordons Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters. It follows the blues from country to electric blues as it and Muddy travel up to Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Albert Collins
    I'm listening to Coltrane playes the blues at the moment.... he is a big contender for King! :D :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Skycat

I would have to say my personal favourite is Mississippi John Hurt,by that I mean I find myself listening to his recordings more over others.But I also like a lot of hokum blues artists like Sonny Boy Williamson and Lonnie Johnson and I like to listen to Etta James a good bit.But I don't know nothin' 'bout the king of the blues.

http://www.riastradh.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alkali

I think Scott Henderson's stuff is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mel odious

not to mention: Roy Buchanon,Peter Greene,Walter Trout,Jimmy D Lane,Duane Allman,Ry Cooder,Ali Farka Toure and "Hound Dog 'Taylor.
    BB is a showman not a bluesman;an introduction to the more serious stuff.( U2 championed BB.'nuff said?)
    If I had to choose from the electric blues SRV would have my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

mel odious wrote:
    ( U2 championed BB.'nuff said?)

Dunno if i can agree with that. BB has always been a great bluesman and showman - U2 should have been on their knees for the great honour of having BB play with them. Sorry to say, but U2 haven't championed sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Eric Clapton
    mel odious wrote:
    BB is a showman not a bluesman
    I'd laugh if that statement wasn't so tragically stoopid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

If BB aint a bluesman then who is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 redfender_man

mel odious wrote:
    BB is a showman not a bluesman;an introduction to the more serious stuff.( U2 championed BB.'nuff said?)

I'm sure that comment is a wind up, but I wish you'd chosen someone else, BB King is what great bluesmen listened to.... nuff said!

There I've risen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Albert Collins
    mel odious wrote:

Get out....

Advertisement