Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Csi:ny

Options
  • 31-05-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

CSI:NY starts next Tuesday 7th June at 10pm on RTE 2,in Desperate Housewives' old slot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw Gary Sinise in the ad for it alright! Always thought he was a great actor.

But another CSI spin-off....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It's not that bad. Give it a few episodes to get into it. I've seen the majority of the series already and its quite watchable.

Knowing RTÉ they will show a handful of CSI episodes then decide to randomly throw them in here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What I like about all the CSI episodes, is that they're easy to dip in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye another on is a bit annoying,Miami is my fav,I dont mind dipping in and out of Vegas,and I wouldnt watch NY,but Gary Sinise is a good actors so Ill give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Gary Sinise is a brilliant actor.

Im gonna give it a go now that Desperete Housewives has finished (thank god)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

CSI:NY is excellent - saw a good few episodes on Channel 5.....almost as good as Vegas I would say. My boyfriend reckons its even better.

Only strange this is to see Tag from Friends being a tough guy cop :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Heres hoping that it can keep this spot on the ever changing schedule of RTÉ. I think it might do better viewer wise then Miami since it is taking over from Desprate Housewifes so that might stand to its advantage.

Well I hope it stays in the Tuesday Night slot.

It looks a lot better then Miami but that cann't be hard, I hate Mr. Cruzo :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

its about time. eight months ago rte told me that they had the rights csi ny. lets hope it dosen't dissapear for our screens just like the other csi's did.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

My fav is Vegas by far, I hope csi:ny is just as good or better

Elmo wrote:
    Heres hoping that it can keep this spot on the ever changing schedule of RTÉ. I think it might do better viewer wise then Miami since it is taking over from Desprate Housewifes so that might stand to its advantage.

Well I hope it stays in the Tuesday Night slot.

It looks a lot better then Miami but that cann't be hard, I hate Mr. Cruzo :mad:

Its Caruso! lol and he rocks! I must be the only one :P I think Miami is far better than Vegas,Grissom is boring and Horatio is cool...must just be me.

But as I mentioned before I dont any of the CSI shows are actually brilliant anyway,they are just watchable. I find Without a Trace and Cold Case to be far superior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Really? I think its great...and I dont like sappy things,and I dont think its meant to be sappy. Its more of a good job done,finally justice is done for that person. Its not crying material where the person can now rest in peace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Saw an episode of it while I was on hols, I thought it was pretty good and I liked the cast I think its ok.

Yeah it seemed better then Miami.

However it still kept many of the silly trademarks from the orginal series.

I.e. The one liners of the main cop. They are just laughable.

"Your not a Doctor Pause

Your a murderer Pause

With a Medical Degree"

:rolleyes:

I liked it, better than Vegas but not Miami. Horatio is still the man,but Mac is already better than the boring Grissom. *snore*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

never watched csi before so last night was new to me

fairly enjoyable although if there gonna be so stylish id like to see them trying something new out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If you watch all of the csi shows like I do, then it gets quite repetitive and boring to be honest. Better than watching crap like soaps / cornation street though.

I think its going to take a while for me to get into it. i was the same way with csi miami and now i love it. i found it very dark though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i though it was great, but like what was already said it was very dark/grey looking picture. good story last night and seen a clip of next weeks and that to looks v good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

It's a good show. I love vegas. This seems darker, even in the way it's filmed. It has already beaten the rubbish Miami hands down. That's just pantomime.

• Advertisement

Nah...Miami rocks! Caruso is the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Caruso is a weed. I'd say Grissom could stop Caruso's heart by just staring at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

suppose its dark to reflect new york which is known as a fairly grimey place

ill give it a watch anyway see if it grows on me certainly nothing amazing anyway, actually the more i think of it it was such a standard textbook plot that it was fairly boring and the style seems to gloss over it. quality actor to have for a tv series though

ill give it a watch anyway see if it grows on me certainly nothing amazing anyway, actually the more i think of it it was such a standard textbook plot that it was fairly boring and the style seems to gloss over it. quality actor to have for a tv series though

i don't think new york is grimey. i was there and it was really nice place. i tell ya times square is safer to walk then patrick street in cork.

My sister showed me a book she was reading which was basically the same story as the first episode think it is called Sleepy Head it was based in England.

Actors in american TV shows tend to be to a high standard so Movie stars aren't as afraid to join a series.

homah_7ft wrote:
    Caruso is a weed. I'd say Grissom could stop Caruso's heart by just staring at him.

huh? ok I can see you not liking horatio,but Grissom is a nerd,he doesnt even carry a gun anymore...but wait,myabe he could stop his heart by looking at him,since he uses one bland boring expression for the entire show! The guy puts you to sleep!

huh? ok I can see you not liking horatio,but Grissom is a nerd,he doesnt even carry a gun anymore...but wait,myabe he could stop his heart by looking at him,since he uses one bland boring expression for the entire show! The guy puts you to sleep!

All the other characters make up for Grissom. The story are better in CSI:LV. NY and Miami both lack the intelligence of the orginal. IMO.

Miami that blone Girl is irratating as well as Caruso(sp?) with his silly lines. And the other characters aren't well developed the only character I like in that series is the Spainish Translater Girl.

I disagree...but your opinion :D I think Caruso's corny lines are,well corny,but he makes up for it by not being a boring old sod. I dont see anything good about the Vegas cast,the one with the messed up face is annoying,as is Sara,id say the black dude is probably the best. Whereas Miami cast are all good,even the blonde ones voice is annoying. But in the end,the main character is grissom,and he always has one boring and bland expression that he never changes :P And I also think the stories in Miami are better,just always thought that. :rolleyes:

I also think the stories in Miami are better,just always thought that

I am a big CSI fan and will watch Miami but was saying to a friend of mine who was getting pissed of at me for watching the show that CSI:Crime Scene Investigation is far better.

It has unfortunately been put on and off on RTE as you all know. (Email andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie about it)

So eventually my friend got to see CSI and was well impress at how good it is. So TVNutz we are just going to have to disagree.

It was a great episode, we missed the end the video when wonky on us. :mad:

• Advertisement

yes i think we will be disagreeing! lol

and you like to annoy that RTE guy! lol good tactic :D

Advertisement