Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Watch

Options
  • 29-05-2005 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, has anyone watched the american drama series "Third Watch"? It has ended in America recently after six years and Rté have aired it on and off. Currently showing last season on Rté 1 on Thursday nights.

I am interested to know as I found it to be the best show on television and am wondering did anyone feel the same way?

Not a really mainstream show but hopefully someone will know what I am on about.

CrimE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I loved the show but it was always so hard to follow since RTE used to just throw it on whenever they felt like it and Channel 4 used to have it on when I was in college...

Any news on a DVD of the first series yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

steveland? wrote:
    I loved the show but it was always so hard to follow since RTE used to just throw it on whenever they felt like it and Channel 4 used to have it on when I was in college...

Any news on a DVD of the first series yet?

Nope. :(

Unfortunately there is legal issues with the soundtrack and that has slowed down any release of a DVD. However I think that they will have more incentives to get going now that the show has ended.

I found it just as hard as you to follow. The only season i saw fully was season 6 as I downloaded it all.Third Watch was treated just as badly by its network in America. Had 10 different timeslots in its 6 years and yet its loyal fanbase always found it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's great, just finished watching the last series now.

Cool!

No-one else? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

TW was great,I only started watching season 5,saw ,season 6,and then saw re runs of S3 and 4 on Channel 4. Still havent seen 1 or 2.

I got into it really quickly though,Cruz attracted me right away,she was so damn cool! lol Bosco was also a great character as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought Bosco was a legend. Cruz was also a cool charachter and gorgeous too. I think the paramedic grace was the best looking though. Damn she was fine...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Its a great programme and im sad its ended , its time slot was a **** on RTE I only found time to watch it during the summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah it was a great show. Not getting to see full series though was a major pain in the @ss... but whenever i saw it scheduled i watched it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Great show. I've been a loyal fan since episode one. But tbh the last series wasn't nearly as good as the first 3-5. For one they completely cut out the fire department bit which is a shame because fire episodes were always awesome. Imo it all went downhill when Bosco teamed up with Cruz which set off a series of events leading to the killing off of most of the main characters. Channel 4 chopping up episodes so they could be shown during the day and RTE refusing to advertise it and giving it such a horrible timeslot really pisses me off. Its 10x than the last few series of ER and people would see that if they knew about it. Favourite episode is Adam 55-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

And there's not talk of it coming out on DVD :(

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I watched the first season, maybe two. But I just couldn't keep track of it as it hopped all over the place so gave up. Really enjoyed what I saw though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Great show, but post 11 o'clock showings made me miss it all the time, a bit like the West Wing.

RTE person no.1:'Hey we've got a multi award winning series about the American president'

RTE person no.2:'Well 11:30PM would be a great time, cause it would be still early for the people in America to see it.'

RTE person no.1:'Thats a great idea. Now, lets go out and spend some more taxpayers money.'

Lol yep I think rté got it wrong with their treatment of both series.

Actually I am different to most fans when I say the 6th season was my favourite. I liked the fire stuff but to be honest I much preferred the police story lines and charachters which is probably why I liked season 6 so much... almost all guns and cops :)

My favourite episode is probably "This Band of Brothers" or "Goodbye To Camelot".

Btw nice to see all the fans talking :D

I loved season 6 as well,the eps with aiden quinn were very good,and there was plenty of Cruz so I loved that :D grace it fine,yes,but they didnt get to develop her character much at all. RTE are just idiots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Aw man, you've really missed out so, S1+2 were the best for me!

When it was a new-ish show, you could see everyone involved was doing the best they could possibly do, the writers wrote decent tight scripts, the directors had some great zippy camera work and montage scenes, and the actors were ****ing ace.

But then all the complacency that seems to come with success sank in, and scripts got crappy.

In 2001 it was only renewed for a half-series I think, but what with all the emergency sevices loving post-911 they couldn't drop it I guess.

FWIW I hated Cruz, a real-life Poochie if ever there was one!! she's Hawt though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

tvnutz wrote:
    TW was great,I only started watching season 5,saw ,season 6,and then saw re runs of S3 and 4 on Channel 4. Still havent seen 1 or 2.

I got into it really quickly though,Cruz attracted me right away,she was so damn cool! lol Bosco was also a great character as well.
    Aw man, you've really missed out so, S1+2 were the best for me!

When it was a new-ish show, you could see everyone involved was doing the best they could possibly do, the writers wrote decent tight scripts, the directors had some great zippy camera work and montage scenes, and the actors were ****ing ace.

But then all the complacency that seems to come with success sank in, and scripts got crappy.

In 2001 it was only renewed for a half-series I think, but what with all the emergency sevices loving post-911 they couldn't drop it I guess.

FWIW I hated Cruz, a real-life Poochie if ever there was one!! she's Hawt though:)

I think when you look back at the earlier seasons Third Watch was a completely different show. All seasons had something different to offer. Each to their own. Cant wait to see it in DVD.

And I thought Cruz was a legend. Damn good looking too which helps :)

Yes Cruz was just a great character,being hot help,but she just kicked ass! :D

I dont expect every show to be as good in its 5th and 6th season as it was in its 1st and 2nd.But third watch was still good in its late seasons whereas other shows can dip into depths of crapness and you just stop watching!smallville comes to mind.

Yeah in my opinion the show kept getting better and better...

Just watched the final episode again... ah man I'm so annoyed they cancelled it...best show ever :)

Now that I think about it I would love to see the first season again would be very cool as I cant remember any of it really. Well it was 1999 ;)

Id love to see the first 2 seasons,but when watching season 3 and most of 4 i found there was something missing when Cruz wasnt around! lol Its a pity it was axed...they treated it like crap,7 different timeslots and a few different days in 6 years! Yet it still maintianed a good following.

• Advertisement

Yep its a shame really. :(

What a show. oh well until the DVDs come out gonna have to watch season 6 again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Yeah I used to watch it all the time but RTE started putting it on at strange times and I could never find it. Then a few months ago I was watching The West Wing and couldn't sleep so kept watching TV and Third Watch came on - it was the first episode of this last season when the hospital got shot up. I've made a point of taping it every week since and I thought it was great - then heard it was the last season. Pity. Would like Carlos to meet a grizzly end and Faith and Bosco to get together. Faith is a great character. Loved the episode where they fooled the serial killer with the time thing so he gave the location away in time. Very clever.

D

lucky thing you watched that ep,the first of this season. I thought it was a brilliant ep,the shootout and faith murdering gene simmons! :D

Oh yeah that shootout was class. I thought it was an amazing episode. Ty's fight which ended in stabbing that man was really good aswell.

It seems that no one really likes carlos. I think he was a legend...

carlos was brilliant! he was so damn funny! lol he was the comic relief in the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie

that's all i am saying. email him now.

say what now? about crap scheduling? Ummm...one wonders if it makes any difference.

Elmo wrote:
    andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie

that's all i am saying. email him now.

I have no problem emailing but I need to know what to ask him...

ie. who is he? etc.

I presume he has something to do with scheduling in RTE. I could do that job! lol :)

• Advertisement

lol so could i :rolleyes:

Fair city banned.
    Third watch 6am - 11pm :)

Advertisement