Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better rapper

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Orizio wrote:
    The outlaws dude?I'll check him out,2pac had some excellent rappers backing him up.

I LOVE THE OUTLAWZ......IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES COMING TOGETHER INTO ONE SONG................STILL EVEN TO THIS DAY YOU GOT NAPOLEON AND FATAL (FORMER OUTLAWZ) WHO ARE ON FIRE ASWELL AS THE 3 REMAINING OUTLAWZ IN THE GROUP...REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY ARE LEFT THEY ARE ALL STILL THE OUTLAWZ.....
    WHAT YALL THINK ABOUT THE BONE THUGS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Just to the left of A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i think 2pac's songs are amazing,but cannot wait to go and see eminem at slane:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

this is the worst choices ever they are all ****,except for snoop and em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

You got it all wrong guys..... lemar is the best rapper ever...... :p (please note the sarcasm)

Seriously 2Pac 4 life. Snoop Dogg is only a tall lanky fool who ain;t no gangsta...

• Advertisement

have you heard his freestyle on lyricists lounge?when you do come back and say that^LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

[rant]
    Mods, seriously can we not put some sort of ban on 2Pac topics or something?!

Nearly every ****in post has something about 2 ****in Pac! Can you not just ****in forget about him for **** sake!!! I'd say 90% of the posters here know **** all about hip hop outside Aftermath/ Death Row/ Shady!!!

Why was 2Pac the greatest?!

Cos he had the best lyrics? No!

Best flow? No!

Most charisma? : / meah,

Got shot? Yes

1, 735, 872 post-humous albums? Yes

If you based the greatest rapper ever on him being charismatic, being dead and having his "legacy" bastardised after his death then you can go and **** off for all I care! I really can't listen to any more of this ****in' ****e! And I don't give a ****in' rat's arse what you think about me for saying it!

I'll get berated for saying all that but at least I can think for myself! There's a bigger picture out there for **** sake!

:mad:

[/rant]

Oh yeah, I'll also provide online tuition on grammar & punctuation for all the gangstaz that need it! I mean for **** sake will yis actually read what yis type before posting and then...don't!!!

lol, scary part is that its true, a ban on 2pac would do wonders for this forum tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Indeed it would, alas I can't ban someone over it.
    It's their right to like him and to post about him if they so wish. Of course if they break the charter rules then they are gone but until then I can do nothing.
    You don't have to read the posts, but I have to go through it all to make sure it's suitable, so you know, spare a thought. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

how about instead of baning people for talking about something they are intrested in or about 2pac you just split the section into old school and new school (or something along them lines) and people who have such distain for newer rappers or tupac wont have to read the posts at all and can just talk about whatever they are intrested in and not bother the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Of course I don't want anyone banned for posting about 2Pac. I was just venting my frustration of having to read ANOTHER post about him. I've no problems with people's preferences but this board is almost like a fan board as opposed to general rap/ hip hop board.

Mak, please accept my apologies I was only thinking of my own selfish self :(

:D

yeah this pisses me off 90% of the posters in here know NOTHING about any other rappers but 2pac!

He was all about contreversy so he got alot of media attention so people would see him in the paper and be like"He a gangsta,he cool,i wannabe Tupac,Ill listen to pac and people will think im ****in hard".
    Well tupacs lyrics were ****in ****e and you would need to be living in the ****in "Hood" to know what the **** he was talkin about!
    Tupac lovers like songs;not rap.They all like "changes" and do not appreciate real ****in rap.The real rapping is freestyling or battling not these ****ty ****in gay songs!So **** tupac and all his little ****in bum chums om this site!

AyCee no apologies necessary and Kristok that's not a solution either.
    The problem isn't 2pac, the problem is fanboys, and that's what we have here fanboys, who know only one thing and will not open their mind to anything else.
    Kanibus you need to relax.

Fanboys?

Tell 'em Steve Dave!

Whats wrong with so called fanboys ? so someone likes 2pac or eminem or whatever and thinks everyone else is rubbish its still their opinion and baning them for being passionate fans of a certain rapper is redicilous, the amount of abuse new posters get around her is madness and its no suprise imo that the hip hop section on boards is so small dispite the ammount of people who actually listen to this music in ireland. People should only be banned if they get abusive towards other people, flame or troll otherwise this place is going to get real dry.

OK, look at like this then.

If I only ever seen Liverpool play a game against Poolaphuca Pub's Sunday B Team and Steven Gerard scored the only goal. And from that I decided that he was the the greatest player ever to ever play the game it wouldn't be right! I'd be missing people like Pele etc. etc. Ignoring greater players from another era or players that play on other teams is then the true meaning of ignorance - lack of knowledge

Having an opinion is fine but when your opinion is contrary to the bigger picture surely it's validity is slightly weakened?

If someone thinks metalica is the best band ever noone would say their ignorant yet around here thats all that seems to happen. The problem here is some people like certain newer rappers and others like older rappers and there are only a hand full of people in between. But its the people who like the newer rappers who get labled as ruining this board for not knowing "The Roots Of Hip Hop". People need to just accept that not everyone listens or wants to listen to what they do and get on with things instead of calling each other ignorant etc.

This isn't Old Skool Vs Nu Skool.

If someone told me Metallica were the greatest band ever but couldn't name but 2 or 3 other bands and couldn't give valid coherent reasons why they thought so then yes, I would say they were ignorant!

I've no problem with Nu Skool MC's as long as they bring something interesting or original. I have all Ludacris' albums, Kanye's was one of the best I've heard in a long time. I don't wanna hear the same sh!te all the time. That's where I have a problem.

Kristok nobody is being banned so please stop bringing that up.
    Fanboyism is not a good thing, it's based on ignorance and pig headedness. Fanboys offer nothing to a forum but the same old shíte they harp on about.
    Nobody likes a fanboy except you it seems.

Me like faboyism ? Nope but at the same time im not bothered by it, im more bothered that people actually think that baning talk of 2pac would be a good thing for this board (not that its happening) but the fact is you guys think its a good idea.

• Advertisement

Ay Cee wrote:
    If someone told me Metallica were the greatest band ever but couldn't name but 2 or 3 other bands and couldn't give valid coherent reasons why they thought so then yes, I would say they were ignorant!

Why do they need to justify it they like metallica or tupac etc. shouldnt it be enough that they like the music cant you just say if you like whatever then youll like this artist there good too instead of classing them as ignorant.

Fair enough that they like the artist but when they come out with statements like "tupac rulez and every1 else sucks" etc it just proves that they are being ignorant, Ay Cee's analogy is a very good one, and shows that some people can make statements without researching them first, example being "liverpool are the best team in Europe because they won the champions league" but it is widely accepted that they are not the best team in Europe, simarily, "Eminem/2pac is the best rapper in the world coz they sold the most records" but just because they sell the most records or have success doesnt mean there aren't better rappers out there.

Hey look if someone comes along and says tupac rulez and every1 else sucks then thats just trolling and they should get kicked no probs but if theres a discussion and it gos off on a tangent and ends up being a 2pac discussion or whatever then whats the harm, you can esailly ignore it and keep talking about whatever the thread is about if you like.

I dont think the football analogy works very well at all. Usually people like a team cause they grew up liking them, ive a friend who likes bows god knows why but him thinking they are the best theam in the world has nothing to do with their standing on any league table its got to do with his passion for a team he grew up liking. Football usually means you like one team and hate all others in the league. With music you usually like one artist better than the rest but you can still listen to everyone else football is usually the exact opposite.

Look the point im trying to make is just let people be, if something gos off topic that happens. If someone is being a fanboy then as long as they arnt abusive towards someone or making personal attacks then ignore them. Too many newer posters stop posting after a few posts here and i dont blame them the reception anyone new gets is terrible, all the time snide remarks and sarcasim. Just look at the reply one of the newer poster got for asking what people think about the whole theory that 2pac is still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 PissedChicken

can ye all stop fightin and ****. i dont care if people go on about 2pac that was kind of da whole point to see what other people think and if they love 2pac thats great. all i want is your opinion on the selected rappers not the people that talk about them.

Look if threads go off topic I'm going to start locking them.
    There is absolutely nothing what so ever stopping people starting new threads to discuss topics. I have no problem with sway in a thread, it doesn't have to be rigidly stuck to one topic of conversation per say, but if they start going off in tangents where a whole new topic is being discussed where it should be a new thread then I'm going to nip it in the bud.

As for the stance with new posters. Yes, often they are giving the short end of the stick when they start posting, but it wouldn't hurt for them to ease themselves in either. Posting stuff that has been posted plenty of times before will not win anybody any favours on any board. Test the waters first, it's not like everyone here is an asshole but people do tire of the same topics coming up every other week. It's usually the same thing over and over, a new poster comes on the scene posts a few times or starts a new thread, makes a one line post "insert name here rules, blah blah", regular posters then get a bit miffed by it and make a sharp retort.

This isnt the most heavily populated board and there is a core base of regular posters, a lot of these newbies blow in and out of the forum. Maybe they would stick around if they didn't get some of the replies they do receive but I still think they would be better off easing themselves into the forum rather than flooding it in one posting spree and pissing a lot of people off.

As for 2pac threads, which got this whole conversation going, most of the threads and posts about him have been done over and over. It gets to a stage where it becomes annoying. Granted they can be ignored, and I would prefer if people have nothing to contribute to a thread other than a smart remark, that they don't bother posting it, but I also understand why they get annoyed by it. Also, 2pac threads in particular are quite conducive to trolling and flaming anyway.

I feel other than ignoring threads another aspect that would go a great way towards cutting out the crap would be if people made constructive posts. A one line opening post is not a great way to start a discussion, if a little bit more thought was put into those posts I think other posters would be more likely to make constructive contributions to threads. The thread about Kanye West lyrics is a good example of this, it may have been off topic but it was a decent thread and not just full of stupid one line retorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 PissedChicken

ill i wanted was there opinion not to go start fightin its ****ed up. it can be annoying but posters dont need to be givin out to and ****. when people start givin out about talkin a bit to much about 2pac wat good does it do. it just gets more people talkin about 2pac and football teams for some reason.

Advertisement