Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Mayo

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Choose Mayo

Choose pain, heartache, depression
    Choose to place your faith in false gods adorned with tight shorts, false tans and braids
    Choose whether or not to wear your county colours for fear of ridicule should you be at the wrong end of another hammering
    Choose false hope at the start of each FBD Cup campaign

Choose Galway as the enemy, Roscommon as an annoyance, Sligo as soccer heads, Leitrim as your favourite underdogs
    Choose to wish Padraig Joyce was born our side of the border
    Choose McHale Park as mecca, Tuam as a hay shed, Hyde as a hell-hole
    Choose to park in the old bacon factory, stand under the score board, watch the girls go by with fake tan dripping from the night before

Choose whether to travel up to Croker the day before or the morning of the big match
    Choose whether or not to take home that Tipp girl you met in Rodys
    Choose a big mighty fry before the match in your sisters place
    Choose too many pints before the match

Choose the Big Tree after the match
    Choose to go on the piss even though we lost again

Choose to hope that Maughan finally gets it right, O'Mahony hangs around if Maughan doesn't
    Choose to forget Holmes but thank him for the league title
    Choose to dream about what it would have been like if we had won in 1996, Choose to forget about 1997 and 2004

Choose to be a Garda, Civil Servant, Plasterer, Carpenter, Plumber, Electrician, Nurse
    Choose a flat in Drumcondra, Phibsboro, Rathmines
    Choose a house in Ballycullen, Carpenterstown, Lucan
    Choose Rody Bolands, the Portobello, Flannerys, Coppers, McGowans
    Choose the Manhattan, Giggs Place for eating

Choose to leave your place of birth at the tender age of 17
    Choose to go to college in Galway, Sligo, UL, UCD or get the start with the big brother in Dublin
    Choose only to return home for Christmas, Easter, the local town festival, Connacht Championship fixtures
    Choose whether or not to apply for a job in the one local factory and accept half your current wage in the hope that life will be better than the rat race in the big smoke

Choose Cox's, Rockys, Mantra, Long Necks to drink
    Choose Baxter, Volex, Coca Cola to work
    Choose Breaffy House, Castlecourt Hotel, Hotel Westport, Pontoon Bridge, Downhill Hotel to get married

Choose Enniscrone for holidays

Choose the Westhern, The Cannacht Telegraph, the Mayo News, Mis Whest Radio

Choose long summer days in the bog, driving a tractor at 12, going to the local mart as a big day out
    Choose your first car a souped up Jap import, on your mothers insurance, don't tax it until you are caught
    Choose the site your father leaves you and to build a unimaginatively designed mansion on it

Choose the two teacher school for primary education, the big school in town for secondary
    Choose to go down town for lunch, play pool in the pub, hope the convent girls notice you
    Choose getting a pint in the local at 16, seeing your father in the local disco, thinking you scored because you kissed a girl
    Choose to stand outside the church at Sunday mass choose, to always be a mammys boy

Choose Mayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Its true i tell ya... ALL TRUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!! :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ahh the quote that got me last year

Sean Kelly "I think i speak for the whole of Ireland, in saying we would like to see Mayo win it sometime for the fans"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

Yayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Its true i tell ya... ALL TRUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!! :D :cool:
    My thoughts exactley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Eh.....its not THE worst post Ive seen on the West forum...

.....but

Advertisement