Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1X23 - "Exodus - Part One" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 18-05-2005 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD MAY (AND PROBABLY WILL) CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "EXODUS - PART ONE" -

Episode Title: "Exodus - Part 1"
    Original Airdate: May 18th 2005

Synopsis (from TVToMe):
    The French woman -- Danielle Rousseau (guest-star Mira Furlan)-- shocks the survivors by showing up to the camp with a dire warning about "the others" who are on the island. Meanwhile, Michael and Jin ready the raft for sailing.

Next New Episode: 1X24 - "Exodus, Part 2" - 25th May 2005

What did you think of "Exodus - Part 1"? 25 votes

Excellent!!
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    60% 15 votes
    Average
    36% 9 votes
    Poor
    4% 1 vote
    Terrible!!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Should be a good 'un... can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

steveland? wrote:
    Should be a good 'un... can't wait.
    Yep... looks excellent!!

Off topic here for a moment: Steve, got that package stamped and ready to go. Will be dropping it in the mail in the morning. But seeing how my local mail ain't collected til 5pm, it may not reach you til Friday. But then again.. i'd still expect it Thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

And just to confirm, we're all good with not using spoiler tags to discuss 1x23, right? Remember, speculating is OK, but concrete spoilers for 24 & 25 will have to go elsewhere. Best bet is to avoid this thread until after you've seen it from about 3am tonight onwards.

doh.ie wrote:
    ..Best bet is to avoid this thread until after you've seen it from about 3am tonight onwards.
    Yeah... am in work from 9 to 5.30 tomorrow so i'm staying clear of it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    Yeah... am in work from 9 to 5.30 tomorrow so i'm staying clear of it!! :D

I could watch it in the morning (working 4pm-midnight tomorrow), but have chosen to keep it for when I get home cos I want to amp up the anticipation and watch it late so I'll be more spooked by any horror moments we might get. (I'll never forget watching the pilot last May about 2am when we knew nothing about the show, and I was traumatised by the pilot in the tree and several other "Yikes!" moments in those first 40 minutes. Plus the eerieness of the then French Woman's transmission.)

• Advertisement

doh.ie wrote:
    And just to confirm, we're all good with not using spoiler tags to discuss 1x23, right? Remember, speculating is OK, but concrete spoilers for 24 & 25 will have to go elsewhere. Best bet is to avoid this thread until after you've seen it from about 3am tonight onwards.
    I'm happy with that... I think everyone's had enough of spoiler tags to do them forever...

steveland? wrote:
    I'm happy with that... I think everyone's had enough of spoiler tags to do them forever...
    I agree with you there steveland!
    .... sorry, couldn't resist! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

5 Really Good Clips
    "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN"
    Cotains SPOILERS for tonights episode
    Rosseau tells everyone that the others are coming, and Jack plans to blow open the hatch with explosives from the Black Rock with help from Rosseau and hide everyone inside it. Thats what I thought was going to happen ever since they found the hatch. Doubt it will be go to plan though. Also looks like the raft isnt setting sail untill Part 2 despite last weeks preview. And Artz is as good as dead. Actually it seems kind of too obvious hes gonna die, so he might live.

Even with just that stuff happening and no surprises, should be a great episode. And then theres the flashback about the day of the crash too. Cant wait.

Kazaanova wrote:
    5 Really Good Clips
    "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN"
    Cotains SPOILERS for tonights episode
    Rosseau tells everyone that the others are coming, and Jack plans to blow open the hatch with explosives from the Black Rock with help from Rosseau and hide everyone inside it. Thats what I thought was going to happen ever since they found the hatch. Doubt it will be go to plan though. Also looks like the raft isnt setting sail untill Part 2 despite last weeks preview. And Artz is as good as dead. Actually it seems kind of too obvious hes gonna die, so he might live.

Even with just that stuff happening and no surprises, should be a great episode. And then theres the flashback about the day of the crash too. Cant wait.
    Yeah.. posted them already in the main forum... Clip No 5 is particularly excellent!
    Don't think Artz is as good as dead... quite like his character and just cos he was running from the monster does not signify an impending death for his character!

But my God.. how i jumped when i heard the growl in Clip 5.... :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

ok....what an episode.....

1x23 is a grat example of why Lost is such a great series. The writers just have their timing down to perfection and it sets us up for a great finale.

This episode gave us prove that we have become tightly attached to the main characters and there were some deeply moving scenes (especially jack/sawyer) along side the minor action points - however my 'cousin' seems to have sent me a copy with a rouge parachutist that seemed to off-track the sound.

Some very quick and direct answers to some of the mysteries from earlier episodes and the 'Black Rock' being a ship was totally unexpected. Jacks meeting with another 'tail' located passenger underlines the fact that there are other passengers alive (I'm sure everyone noticed the relevance of the seat numbers). In fact there could be a chance that the black smoke is for them and not our survivors - a small chance but the birth of Claire's baby does point that they are coming for it.

The info about the 'monster' was interesting - still don't know what it is but now we know it's guarding something - but what?

Roll on next week!!

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote:
    ..however my 'cousin' seems to have sent me a copy with a rouge parachutist that seemed to off-track the sound.
    Crap... i saw another copy of the tape i'm recieving with PROPER on it... should have accepted that instead! Is it really bad?

Only viewed the first 2 paragraphs of your post cos the major plotlines are always revealed in the longest paragraph! :D

Oh, and by the way.. no real need for spoilers but cheers for the consideration!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah the black rock being a ship took me completely by surprise. I was certain it was some magnetic substance like lodestone that was throwing off the compasses. Of course they just show us the ship for a few seconds, teasing us, gits >_< absolutely slavering for the next episode.
    Yes i have a feeling we'll be seeing the seat 42 passenger later on, those seat numbers weren't very subtle, it'd have been much cooler if she just briefly flashed her ticket with a small 42f in the corner (:
    Interesting how locke said to keep still, is the monster's vision triggered by motion? Would that explain how locke survived seeing it the first time? While frozen in awe the monster just passed him by?
    Was kinda hoping walt would have another psychic moment when jack held him while saying goodbye, oh well :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Monster by motion -> now you're on to something. I would said that is very valid and makes sense - but what is it.

Hyzepher

just reopened the episode and froze it at the ship scene, "portsmouth" is etched on the stern of the ship under the name black rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Locke

Sawyer Tells Jack about his dad in Eppi 23

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

What did you go and put that as thread title for, some of us havn't seen this episode yet. There is a seperate thread for episode 23 that has spoilers in it. There is one thing about putting spoilers in a thread but putting them in the title of the thread is another thing. Could you edit this please, so at least other people won't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Jesus, what the **** is wrong with you?

Is there anyone who can modify this stupid post or move it to the other thread that talks about ep 23. Or ban this muppet.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!.....

...... my eyes!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Locke, have some friggin' consideration for others!

Damn... didn't see this until now...

For god's sake... some people haven't seen the episode (thank christ I didn't see it until now...)

Locke, I'm going to merge this into the episode 23 thread but if you post something like this again that ruins a twist or any part of the episode without clearly putting that it's a spoiler in the topic then I'm going to have to ban you from here...

Have a bit of consideration for people who haven't seen it and have a little common sense when posting.

Also there's already a topic for discussion of episode 23 so please don't go creating threads that already have a home...

• Advertisement

Excellent, excellent episode...
    The Black Rock is the ship?!?!?!?!?!? Did NOT see that one coming. What a twist, and what a reveal... master camera-work at it's best...

Michael giving Shannon Vincent and Jin and Sun's scene together were truly moving....

I like Arzt...
    Him and Hurley play off each other nicely... nearly cacked myself laughing when Hurley couldn't pronounce his name... Also I couldn't really make it out, is his name Leslie Arzt? If so there's a guy whose parent's hated him...

Excellent set up for next week too... I simply cannot wait...
    Danielle mentioned the monster was a security system... wonder what this can mean and what part it'll play on the revelation of what it actually is...

Anyway, it's sad to think that this time next week Lost will be over... and we'll have an entire Summer to go without it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah I see the cursed numbers are appearing again. 42 f indeed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode! Really good.
    Felt a bit weepy a number of times as we got some really moving scenes - particularly Sawyer/Jack and Sun/Jin. Oh and Walt giving Vincent to Shannon. So many nice "awwww" moments and all excellently acted.

As to the Black Rock - what a great idea. All of us, I assume thought of it literally - a large lump of rock with some weird properties. How nifty to have it as an old ship... with what meaning? Argh!

And a security system - intruiging but how does Rosseau know this for sure?

Anyway else feel all fuzzy as well when Michael, Walt, Jin, and Sawyer sailed off? The swelling music, everybody waving - really moving.

On one hand I want next week's episode right now, yet on the otherhand I want to wait because - once I've seen it - that's it for months. Anyone else feel this weird conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

This was a good episode but it was somewhat anticlimatic as things were being teed up for the big double header finale next week. The start would have been good with Rousseau suddenly appearing to warn them about the others coming if it hadn't been spoiled here already I guess the others will arrive next week.

The boat being launched at the end of the episode also sets thing up for next weekl. I have to say the boat in the water was very sorry looking and I wouldn't have gone out on a lake on it never mind on the ocean

They also tied up a lot of the back stories by showing flashbacks for Michael, Walt, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Sun, Jin, Shannon, Boon, & Sayid, all showing what they they were doing right before they got on the plane. What Shannon did to Sayid was nasty I am surprised that he hasn't mentioned it since.

There were some nice emotional scenes too with Sawyer telling Jack about what his father said, Sun and Jin reconciling and Walt giving his dog to Shannon to help her get over Boon.

It was also nice to see some of the other survivors for a change.

I can't wait until next week to see how it all ends up. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are some big cliffhangers carried over into next season.

Just had a quick look at the poll results, I can't wait to get home and see it. Was there any problems with the playback of the file? I think someone mentioned that it was out of sync.

I'm downloading another one from work, I just hope its different to the one that I downloaded at home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My cousin's tape had no syncing problems :)

no problems with the version that was catapulted over here this morning

Just watching the ep now.. flicked forward near the end. Mine has some synching problems.

The "package" was delivered by the group LOL.. apparently, no problems with any package by the group TCM.

"Exodus - Part One"

Another amazing episode!!
    Loved all the sly references made in the airport scene that reflect events in the future, such as Shannon suggesting there will never be a day when she'll appreciated what Boone has done for her and Shannon presumably getting Sayid in trouble (i'm sure we'll see what comes of that next week).

Episode was excellent in that it told us some essential information regarding character backstories, such as why Sawyer was on the plane and more of the story with Kate and the toy plane.

Artz is an excellent character... funny and interesting. Loved his quip about continuing with the group into the jungle: "I wanted to go until i heard Milan lost his friggin' arm!". I was expecting Sayid to go with them into the jungle.. felt a bit strange when he wasn't!

Didn't really like Michelle Rodriguez character.. too forward in asking Jack questions but that may be due to nerves from flying etc. Seated in the back of the plane... not much hope of her become a series regular next year unless we see more flashbacks!

So.. the Black Rock was in fact a ship... who'd have thunk it?! Can't wait to see more of that next week!

Quite a sad episode also:
    - Sawyer finally revealing the truth to Jack about his father's feelings towards him
    - Kate not getting to say goodbye to Sawyer
    - Jin and Sun finally settled their grievances
    - Walt leaving Vincent behind
    - Michael's awkwardness on whether to hug Sun or not
    - Sawyer's and Charlie's wry smile to each other after having practically a full season of petty squabbles - see "you hit like a ponce!" incident! :D

Overall.. an excellent episode! We learned a lot in that episode. Some excellent information on character's backstories and some quite sad moments. Not having a lot of action in it actually benefited it, in that we know next week will be action-packed (judging from the promo anyways)!

Gota agree with ixoy's comments too.. can't wait for next week but a whole Summer with no 'Lost'..... :(.... September better hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Bit late now but the "VTV" capture is the one with the problems.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Bit late now but the "VTV" capture is the one with the problems.
    Got the "LOL" one and that had synch problems too... think "TCM" is alright!

Advertisement