Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
  • 13-05-2005 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

hmmm well i'm sitting here, on a break from cramming as much of my notes into my head as i can for the up coming exams (I'm so screwed) and thought what better way to waste some time than to write a little note on boards.

So i suppose good luck everyone, anyone else feeling that hollowness inside when a little part of you dies everytime you realise that what you thought would cover you turned out to be only a very tiny drop of the actual workload, just me, though so.

Anyways hope all goes well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

yeah, good luck to everyone! and if anyone mentions intra..... GRRRR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

i clicked on this link on the front page by accident, but since i'm in the middle of my exams, i understand what you're going through!
    Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Intra.

Zyox wrote:
    Intra.

very smuckin fart aren't ya :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Intra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

yeah good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

We shall emerge victorious.

B.I.T.F.O

anyone fancy doing my organic chem exam for me? i'll do ANY thing for them. (and i mean anything!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

OmOFMoG12 ASL?
    I think I should start studying for reapeats...

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Intra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

rugbug86 wrote:
    anyone fancy doing my organic chem exam for me? i'll do ANY thing for them. (and i mean anything!)

I'd love to be doing organic chemistry, well technically I am, but I'd rather do a hundred organic chemistry exams than the inorganic chemistry and kinetics & thermodynamics exams that I'll probably fail. *sigh* lots of repeats for me come Autumn :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Right, I need an injection of 20th century European politics knowledge. Stat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hah.

I'm royally fuc|<ed.

I dont want to tell my mam if I do have to repeat, so is it possible to hide it... hrm.

Effort.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Zyox wrote:
    Intra?
    "Intravenous" - it's a nursing thing...

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

Ok what was now slight panic is now full on freaking out, ok lets see american politics thingy on tuesday, law on wednesday and history thing thursday. Yup i'm fu|{ed, so what do you think the about the Helix making an exception this time after the last exam and serving alcohol? i have to say after the christmas exams when we went and they said lads it's only 11.30 we kinda felt like we gave off a yeah we're alcoholics vibe.

I really wish they had given us more time to study because we had two assignments that were due in last thursday and that gave us really only 5 days till the exams.

who want's to help me found the repeat exams soc?

bagsy chair! im repeating a year so i have to win that award....!

Creature wrote:
    I'd love to be doing organic chemistry, well technically I am, but I'd rather do a hundred organic chemistry exams than the inorganic chemistry and kinetics & thermodynamics exams that I'll probably fail. *sigh* lots of repeats for me come Autumn :(.

i prefer inorganic...
    and i have (on the same exam) kinetics, thermo and organic. wanna switch???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 slippery_sid

Zem wrote:
    Ok what was now slight panic is now full on freaking out, ok lets see american politics thingy on tuesday, law on wednesday and history thing thursday. Yup i'm fu|{ed, so what do you think the about the Helix making an exception this time after the last exam and serving alcohol? i have to say after the christmas exams when we went and they said lads it's only 11.30 we kinda felt like we gave off a yeah we're alcoholics vibe.

I really wish they had given us more time to study because we had two assignments that were due in last thursday and that gave us really only 5 days till the exams.

who want's to help me found the repeat exams soc?

I was just reading some of the entries on this forum and this especially made me laugh. You are all complaining about how hard you have it, three exams??? i could piss 3 exams.

Since first year my class has had no less than 5 exams a semester, thats above the average 6 assigments and 2 projects per semester. we don't have any reading week, which is merely to make up for all the arsing around business do in the 1st 6 weeks of college, and we have never had anything short of 25 hours of lectures per week.

I would hate to see some of you people if you had some real college work to do. And don't try taking the "but you're probably a sad F who never gets out" line either cause I would bet that I have been out more than most of you over the past 4 years. 4 years I have been at this college and I never once complained and I have nothing to complain about. It makes me realise that what I'm going to end up doing is worth a hell of alot more. what does piss me off is how some people, no matter how many chances, oppurtunities and time outs they're given they can still find something wrong. STFU

SID

P.s. Have any of you considered the possibility of studying rather than wasting your time on here telling everyone how you've got nothing done??

P.p.s. Best of luck in the exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

For someone who "has never complained" you're an awful whinger...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well for what it's worth, I had five exams last semester, another five this semester, a project for each semester, and nearly 10 assignments in each, and over 25 hours a week both semesters. But in fairness that doesn't nessicerly mean I have it tougher than anyone else, and everyone complains about stuff; god, I freaking love complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

steveland? wrote:
    For someone who "has never complained" you're an awful whinger...

Haha.

Got my german in a week late.

Now to do exams and finish other contuinual assesments.

I was just reading some of the entries on this forum and this especially made me laugh. You are all complaining about how hard you have it, three exams??? i could piss 3 exams.

Since first year my class has had no less than 5 exams a semester, thats above the average 6 assigments and 2 projects per semester. we don't have any reading week, which is merely to make up for all the arsing around business do in the 1st 6 weeks of college, and we have never had anything short of 25 hours of lectures per week.

I would hate to see some of you people if you had some real college work to do. And don't try taking the "but you're probably a sad F who never gets out" line either cause I would bet that I have been out more than most of you over the past 4 years. 4 years I have been at this college and I never once complained and I have nothing to complain about. It makes me realise that what I'm going to end up doing is worth a hell of alot more. what does piss me off is how some people, no matter how many chances, oppurtunities and time outs they're given they can still find something wrong. STFU

SID

P.s. Have any of you considered the possibility of studying rather than wasting your time on here telling everyone how you've got nothing done??

mneh - no more complaining so, although we did make up for only 3 exams with lots of assignments during the year.

also just need to clear this up, in your whole 4 years you've gone out more than me (i'm in first year)...wow, good job. You've also never complained before and i've just made you complain now, hmmmm so because of me you broke this trend, i have that warm feeling inside now that i've finally accomplished something this year.

Also i apologise to all those that wanted me to stfu, i was wrong to vent my nervousness coming up to exams on boards and i would like to tribute this message to sid who has shown me the errors of my ways, although you think he could have have been nicer in saying it (I'm sorry was that a complaint).

ok I'm sorry for not clearing it up but that email was more directed to the people who are in they're final year and have never done an honest day of college. Zem I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What course you doing slippery_sid?

Sorry can't tell that. It's a very elusive course and after giving you an insight into our workload I would be afraid off everyone trying to get a bit of the action!!!

Zem I'm sorry.

wow hey there was actually no need to say sorry, but thanks though.

Sorry can't tell that. It's a very elusive course and after giving you an insight into our workload I would be afraid off everyone trying to get a bit of the action!!!
    Ehhh ... :rolleyes:

The workload sounds similar to the course that I'm doing, that's all.

Woohoooo!!!!!!

I'm finished :D:D:D

woo hoo i said that this day last week!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

I have an exam tomorrow :( It's so depressing around res for me. Everyone's either moving out or having parties :(

Advertisement