Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 tickets on sale NOW!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Sold Out

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Look at this coksucker: Ebay

£145 sterling each! These bastids dont waste any time. 10 tickets for sale?!!!!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

There will be a box office set up at Croke Park for tickets sales without a booking fee, priced at €75 and €65 for reserved seating and €55 for general admission field standing tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

worst thing is he'll prob get more than that for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

sharkman wrote:
    There will be a box office set up at Croke Park for tickets sales without a booking fee, priced at €75 and €65 for reserved seating and €55 for general admission field standing tickets.

Err. When?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

From U2.COM

Dublin Show – Tickets Now On Sale

Tickets for U2's third concert at Croke Park in Dublin go on sale this morning, at 9am GMT.

In order to ensure that tickets for the show on June 27th show get to as many fans as possible, tickets will be limited to 2 per person.

Recognising the huge demand for U2 tickets in their hometown and to discourage the resale of tickets, U2, Principle Management, MCD and tour promoters The Next Adventure have made changes to the ticket sales policy for this event to ensure that U2 fans have the fairest and best opportunity to purchase tickets at face value.

“We've put a lot of work into improving the spread of tickets. In our experience announcing and selling immediately greatly reduces abuse of the system” said Arthur Fogel, President, The Next Adventure.

To this end, the following new special procedures are being implemented.

1. The ticket limit for this performance will be reduced to 2 tickets per person/transaction (rather than the previous limit of 6).

2. The vast majority of tickets will be available and distributed through 84 outlets across Ireland, with 15 outlets in Dublin. Each ticket outlet has had its ticket allocation guaranteed in advance. A smaller quantity will be sold through Ticketmaster by phone and on the Internet.

3. There will be a box office set up at Croke Park for tickets sales without a booking fee, priced at €75 and €65 for reserved seating and €55 for general admission field standing tickets.

U2 manager, Paul McGuinness said: “It's very important to the band that these tickets get to the fans. Playing at home is always something special, these gigs will be no exception.”

Tickets for U2’s performance at Croke Park on the 27th June are priced at €80.00 and €70.00 for reserved seating and €59.50 for general admission field tickets. These prices are inclusive of a booking fee of €5 on reserved seating and €4.50 on general admission tickets.

Tickets are available from 9am today from 84 outlets nationwide or on-line:
    www.ticketmaster.ie, or by phone: 24hr Hotlines: 0818 719 300 ROI // 0870
    243 4455 NI. (Telephone & internet bookings subject to 12.5%, max €5.95, agents fee €2 per ticket.) Under 16s must be accompanied to the concert by a parent or guardian over 21 years.

DUBLIN:
    Ticketron in Tallaght, Santry, Jervis & Stephens Green S.C;
    Music City, Dun Laoghaire;
    Music Matters, Rathmines;
    Dublin Tourism, O’Connell St;
    Celtic Note, Nassau Street;
    Music Box, Finglas Village;
    Comet, Temple Bar;
    Clarkes Centra, Swords;
    DCU;
    The Kiosk at UCD;
    Q4U, Donaghmeade
    Spar, Blanchardstown.

ANTRIM:
    Camerons, Ballymena;
    Soundsgood, Larne;
    Caroline Music, Lisburn and Belfast Park Centre;
    Virgin and Classic Sports, Belfast;
    Caroline Music, Abbey Centre Belfast.

ARMAGH:
    Skelton Travel, Lurgan;
    Soundsgood, Armagh
    Musicshop, Portadown.

CARLOW:
    Rainbow, Carlow.

CAVAN:
    Multisound.

CLARE:
    Recordrack, Ennis.

CORK:
    Promusica;
    Ticketron, Merchants Quay;
    Blacktrack Records, Douglas;
    Cork Rocks, Middleton.

DERRY:
    Cool Discs and Soundsaround, Top Forty, Magherafelt;
    Gramophone Shop, Coleraine.

DONEGAL:
    Melody Maker
    Music Centre, Letterkenny.

DOWN:
    Carlin Records, Newry;
    Smiths, Newcastle
    Sho Nuff, Bangor.

FERMANAGH:
    Caroline Music, Enniskillen.

GALWAY:
    Zhivago 1 and 2;
    Fletchers, Ballinasloe;
    News & Choose, Loughrea.

KERRY:
    Roxy Records, Tralee and Killarney;
    M C Music, Listowel;
    Gleneagle, Killarney.

KILDARE:
    Top Twenty, Naas and Newbridge.

KILKENNY:
    Top Twenty.

LAOISE:
    TraX, Portlaoise.

LEITRIM:
    Mulvey’s, Carrick-on-Shannon.

LIMERICK:
    Empire.

LONGFORD:
    Music Centre.

LOUTH:
    CD World, Dundalk;
    Soundshop, Drogheda;
    Finlays, Ardee.

MAYO:
    Downtown, Castlebar;
    Hotshots, Ballina.

MEATH:
    Discland, Navan.

MONAGHAN:
    Loughmans, Castleblaney and Monaghan.

OFFALY:
    Heartbeat, Tullamore;
    Chartbeat, Edenderry.

ROSCOMMON:
    Eight Till Late.

SLGIO:
    Star Music.

TIPPERARY:
    Heartbeat, Thurles;
    Golden Discs, Clonmel;
    Sound of Music, Nenagh.

TYRONE:
    Music Shop, Coostown;
    Route 66, Omagh;
    Gene Stuart’s, Dungannon.

WATERFORD:
    Sinnott’s;
    Heartbeat, Dungarvan.

WESTMEATH:
    Heartbeat, Mullingar;
    Musicworld, Athlone.

WEXFORD:
    White’s of Wexford and Gorey.

WICKLOW:
    Musicworld Wicklow Town and Arklow;
    Music City, Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Got four tickets this morning from Omni Park in Santry. Myself and a friend...2 each. Hogan Stand too. That was about 11:30am and the seller said there were only 50 left when I got mine.....phew! Queued for about 40min.
    I over heard a girl say she went to Croke Park first this morning as she's local to it and they were sold out in 30min. Apparently Croker only had 500 tickets allocated to the box office!

Bleedin' scum. I personally would't sell them for more than face value even if I had a 100 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

I bought 2 tickets with my sisters credit card at about 10am (standing) and at about 10.20 I got another 2 with my credit card (Hogan stand sitting) all the standing where gone at that stage! I then hopped into my car and high tailed it to the Soundshop, Drogheda, with only 6 or so in the que before me.... then the guy from the shop that was on the door said that the Monday gig was all sold out and that they only had tickets left for the Saturday gig (Hogan stand seated) nobody in the que believed him.... but low and behold he was right so I bought 2 tickets for 144 euro for the Saturday gig... and they had loads left.

Regards,
    Maddog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Funny how the tide turns - so many people buying excessive tickets when weeks ago they were complaining about how they couldn't get tickets because of the "f*cking touters". Shame on them.

We got our tickets - though I think there'll still naturally be some disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

NoelRock wrote:
    Funny how the tide turns - so many people buying excessive tickets when weeks ago they were complaining about how they couldn't get tickets because of the "f*cking touters". Shame on them.

I agree! I was well disappointed not gettin em for the original shows but when i found out this morning about the new show i never shot outta bed os fast on a morning off!! I got onto a buddy up in clonmel and told him. At the same time i left to go to ticketmaster in cork he left for the one in clonmel. He rang me as i was just about to queue and told me he had gotten two already so even tho i had the money and could have got two more i didnt bother cos if id gotten those two tix it means one more person somewhere was gonna lose out. Sheer greed/gluttony if ya ask me . Fair enough if gettin them for friends but that doesnt seem to be the impression im gettin from a lot of people here...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very true.
    I know of an Irish rugby player who bought 10 tickets in Douglas today.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

i don't see what wrong with totes, if they want to sleep on the street for a night to make a bit of money then why not

Very true.
    I know of an Irish rugby player who bought 10 tickets in Douglas today.
    ;)

why dont you name him??
    if its true you've nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

L5 wrote:
    why dont you name him??
    L5 wrote:
    sure you did.....
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i think your getting a bit carried away

i think your getting a bit carried away

erm.....what? :confused:

It is true and I have nothing to worry about because I am alot bigger and stronger than him and thats a big clue...

hahah, i can guess from that!

does anyone know when the tickets will be posted out for those who bought them on the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I assume monday or as soon as possible.

/me waits for ticketsto arrive.

cool, cant wait to actually have them in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Those dicks at ticketmaster, didn't bother mentioning tickets were going on sale on the ticket alert newsletter. I never found out. And they're €200 on ebay. Looks like I wont be going.

You'd think they'd put it on the site. I checked it a few days ago and they didnt even mention the 3rd concert.

• Advertisement

I think the last time the Tickets for Slane 2 were released without warning it was due to Police security measures.
    It was probably the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No announcement or rumours of who'll support then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

basquille wrote:
    No announcement or rumours of who'll support then?
    I think Paddy Casey and the Radiators have been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

had no luck online or on the phone, had 5 windows open continually refreshing, but kept getting 404's when trying to get to the booking page. was also on the home phone and two mobiles at the same time trying to get through to the booking line, but no luck there either.

ended up going to some music shop behind central bank and got 4 tickets for saturday in cusack, 301 (closest block to the stage). no queuing or anything. one guy walking out as we walked in. he said monday was two per person, but 4pp for saturday.

so we're all set. getting to old to be rocking it up the front, will be grateful for the seat tbh, old fart that i am. :)

Advertisement