Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, there's no facility at the moment to do this. If anyone needs to privately report signatures, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What offends you about that signature?

It is 397 px wide

397px is allowed, the sigrules state "500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size" - sigrules. So it isn't offensive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why would size be offensive? lol

When did that change? At the very start of this thread the size is listed as 300px x 100px

The first post states this:
    Raphael wrote: »
    As is traditional for Internet bulletin boards, boards.ie provides the facility to users of adding a short signature after each of their posts. Like most facilitys however, this is periodically abused. And so rules were created to control these signatures

Current Signature Rules

These rules however, are not a perfect solution, as some feel the need to break them. And that is where the SIGPO come in. If you see a user who's thread is in breach of the aforestated rules, then send them the following PM (remove the space from the url tag)

then post a link to their profile here. If they do not remove the offensive signature in 48 hours, then proceed to the SIGPO - Report thread and post a link to their profile. An admin will deal with them from this point

R4ph, Boards.ie SIGPO: "To protect and grass"

However, the second post contains an old quote so I'll remove that, thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What are the rules regarding multiple images and text again? And are Subscribers allowed to post bigger sigs?

Still think fayer's is a bit Sig2Big - total of 100kb, 655px wide and 155px high plus two lines of regular (Size 2) text and a spacer line...

It's the total size that matters so you can have more than one image but the total dimensions have to be within the guidelines. No, subscribers don't get any special treatment with signatures, either do mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 81,682 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Could Zohan's sig be construed as trying to circumvent the rule (automagically enforced these days) that you cant have a center or right justified sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irish_stevo815

Animated Sig

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Overheal wrote: »
    Could Zohan's sig be construed as trying to circumvent the rule (automagically enforced these days) that you cant have a center or right justified sig?
    Yes, it can be construed that way, but technically it's not centred, whether or not I'd allow it in reality, I dunno tbh. The reason centred sigs were disabled was because they break the flow of the thread afair, I guess the question is if that sig breaks the flow of the thread also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Sig linked to an rejected forum from what i can see. Thread link is old
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=151806

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sig linked to an rejected forum from what i can see. Thread link is old
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=151806

That forum was approved but with a different name to the one in that sig.. it's for Ranting & Raving. And does the sig even break any rule? Are outdated links within sigs now against the rules too?

Sorry misread that. Thread hadn't been updated since last year so didn't realise it had been approved.

• Advertisement

Either way, it's not against the rules to have an outdated link in your sig.

okay

Gordon wrote: »
    Either way, it's not against the rules to have an outdated link in your sig.
    ...Yet. MwhahaaAHHaAHaHaAhAHaHAHahahahAAAAAaaaaa!!!!!

(No it shouldnt be)

Problem with the bottom sig. Provocative and based on a personal assumption.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101582

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Problem with the bottom sig. Provocative and based on a personal assumption.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101582
    I don't see anything wrong with that sig. The user is entitled to his own opinion and perogative.

If you're going to go down that road should I report your sig because I dislike liverpool? You're trying too hard. Maybe you should take a day off at roaming the boards endlessly just to pin peoples sigs?

Bonito wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with that sig. The user is entitled to his own opinion and perogative.

If you're going to go down that road should I report your sig because I dislike liverpool? You're trying too hard. Maybe you should take a day off at roaming the boards endlessly just to pin peoples sigs?
    Let the mod decide that Bonito. Not down to you. If the sig isnt right it isnt right. How many sigs have I reported here. Maybe five or six at the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Think it's closer to double that. ;) Bit of common sense comes in handy on here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Taken from sig rules:
    Please make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain, or link to, profanity, bigotry, racism, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others

OP has found it offensive so has reported it. Simple really.

Think it's closer to double that. ;) Bit of common sense comes in handy on here.
    Well a lot of those posts are down to explaining my posts to others like yourself. Generally speaking dont report sigs religiously. Nowhere near as many as some on here but thats their business and dont have a problem with it tbh. We provide a service on here at the end of the day. Not a witchhunt.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=182379

Too many lines of size 2 text and... well. I think it flies directly in the face of the Flow of Discussion Ethos for the sake of spite.

I like center justified sigs too Zohan and Id have one if it wasnt disabled but until somethin changes, im not going to try to cheat one, myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement