Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIGPO - Notify

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Signature in conflict with a facility that is open to any subscriber that wishes to change his username.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=9046

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Fake Locke wrote: »
    Signature in conflict with a facility that is open to any subscriber that wishes to change his username.

Hes just a football supporter- are we really going to get that hung-up?
    In any case- how does his signature not comply- it states that a namechange does not clear a tarnished reputation? While he is obviously referring to the football club whose emblem is in his sig- I don't see how it conflicts with the member name-change facility?

smccarrick wrote: »
    Hes just a football supporter- are we really going to get that hung-up?
    In any case- how does his signature not comply- it states that a namechange does not clear a tarnished reputation? While he is obviously referring to the football club whose emblem is in his sig- I don't see how it conflicts with the member name-change facility?
    Clearly it does. Spurs fan is making a clear statement there and again it is conflict with a facility where any poster who is a paid up subscriber to these boards has the option of changing his or her name.

• Advertisement

Clearly it does. Spurs fan is making a clear statement there and again it is conflict with a facility where any poster who is a paid up subscriber to these boards has the option of changing his or her name.

How?
    He is making a simple statement- I don't see how its controversial- other than in a footballing context. Suggesting it is in conflict with the facility of paid subscribers to change their usernames- is a bizarre leap......

How?
    He is making a simple statement- I don't see how its controversial- other than in a footballing context. Suggesting it is in conflict with the facility of paid subscribers to change their usernames- is a bizarre leap......
    Who is poster to comment on posters reputations. Its completely out of order.

Who is poster to comment on posters reputations. Its completely out of order.

He is commenting on the reputation of a football club.......?????
    I assume you support the club that he is deriding with his comment- which is why you're so anxious about it?

He is commenting on the reputation of a football club.......?????
    I assume you support the club that he is deriding with his comment- which is why you're so anxious about it?
    Poster is not talking about club when referring to name change. thats a separate banner.

Poster is not talking about club when referring to name change. thats a separate banner.

How do you know that?
    Why would you make that assumption?
    Unless of course you know this person- and if as you assert their motivation is to create mischief for someone who has changed their name- the reasons behind their motivation?
    It just seems such a bizarre leap to make.

• Advertisement

How do you know that?
    Why would you make that assumption?
    Unless of course you know this person- and if as you assert their motivation is to create mischief for someone who has changed their name- the reasons behind their motivation?
    It just seems such a bizarre leap to make.
    Let poster explain it. When have spurs changed their name. Why would poster have a pop at club poster supports. They are two separate things entirely. The banner and the signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cork City FC have their name changed.

kensutz wrote: »
    Cork City FC have their name changed.
    maybe Im jumping to the wrong conclusion but think poster has a case to answer here. If there is a reasonable explanation for it Ill drop the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

wow your 83rd post here. Is this a pet hate of yours?

Wow you counted :eek:

A pet hate? Maybe. I just report them as I see and turns out out a lot of people don't know what the rules are.

And just so you know I had my sig edit a few weeks back by Admin as they told me it was technically too big.

Wow you counted :eek:

A pet hate? Maybe. I just report them as I see and turns out out a lot of people don't know what the rules are.

And just so you know I had my sig edit a few weeks back by Admin as they told me it was technically too big.
    Seems an easy enough concept really. They tell you the size limit of the signature so it baffles me when posters still put up signatures that are too big. But wouldnt have the patience to check on every signature. Did have problem with one signature here but beyond that nothing stood out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

deman
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=50564
    centred

Btw, there's nothing wrong with spurs-small-banner.jpg nor "A name change will not salvage a tarnished reputation" from a SIGPO point of view.

Magnus wrote: »
    deman
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=50564
    centred

Btw, there's nothing wrong with spurs-small-banner.jpg nor "A name change will not salvage a tarnished reputation" from a SIGPO point of view.
    Nothing wrong with the banner. Just confused about the text below it. Its a bit ambiguous and clearly open to misinterpretation.

Nothing wrong with the banner. Just confused about the text below it. Its a bit ambiguous and clearly open to misinterpretation.
    You obviously have something against that poster :confused:

You obviously have something against that poster :confused:
    None at all. Just needed clarification on it. Looks as if not going to get it so will leave it go regrettably

None at all. Just needed clarification on it. Looks as if not going to get it so will leave it go regrettably
    And rightly so, it's not against the rules. You just take offence and thats the world we live in. We all cant agree on everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sig is fine.
    Stay on topic please, this thread is for reporting sigs, not questioning why people are reporting sigs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I had a last fm and trent quote and my nocturnal title - can you tell me what part was at fault?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

It's 500 x 125 which is within the rules. Maybe you don't like it being a Man Utd sig?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement