Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic church bashing

Options
  • 01-05-2005 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mrhankey88

You liberals on here make me sick. The good thing though is you lot are a small minority of 'people'. Most likely you hate the catholic church because it represents everything 'old ireland' and you want that destroyed. And people who want that are the enemy of this country and should be exhiled or shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wow.

Just wow. No questions, no seeking of opinions, no proposals of change, just a big old slab of moronic vague hate.

Exiled or shot? For being liberal or hating the Catholic church? Or hating old ireland?

You know what...?

I'm a liberal.
    I hate old Ireland.
    I despise the Catholic Church.
    You sir cannot shoot me, exile me, or shut me up.

Damn that feels good.

Go democracy! Down with authoritarian control! Viva la revolution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mrhankey88

You know what...?

I'm a liberal.
    I hate old Ireland.

Damn that feels good.

Go democracy! Down with authoritarian control! Viva la revolution!

Not really, were going through a liberal phase in this counrty and when this counrty comes back to its senses and realises that the liberals are infact traitors then will you be shut up and repressed as the maggots you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You don't like people bashing the Catholic Church? Oh, you mean like the way you like to bash the Jews? Is that fun because you aren't one? Hyprocite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mrhankey88 wrote:
    Not really, were going through a liberal phase in this counrty and when this counrty comes back to its senses and realises that the liberals are infact traitors then will you be shut up and repressed as the maggots you are.

Traitors to what exactly?

Church should have no influence on any goverment or society, why should it?
    Why should society be dictated by a corrupt organisation (that isnt SF or FF)

Would point out more but im sure you be banned before you read them.

kdjac

You sound, how shall I put this, "not young". My generation will be running the country pretty soon, and I assure you, we'll not be heading back towards our roots. We'll be leaving repressed, close minded, authoritarian catholic views far far behind. Of all my friends my own age, perhaps 100 spread across my area my old school and my current college, I know two practising Catholics.

We've won, give up, you're antiquainted belief system has no power here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It must be so annoying to know you're on the losing side of the culture wars.

Feel the anger.

You sound, how shall I put this, "not young". My generation will be running the country pretty soon, and I assure you, we'll not be heading back towards our roots. We'll be leaving repressed, close minded, authoritarian catholic views far far behind. Of all my friends my own age, perhaps 100 spread across my area my old school and my current college, I know two practising Catholics.

Question: are you Irish? Are your parents Irish? Are you catholic?

I am Irish, passport and all, born in Dublin.
    My parents are both Irish, passport and all, born in Dublin and Tipperary.
    I was born a Catholic.

Nowadays I call myself a militant Agnostic.

...I don't know and neither do you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

feel like I've been taken by aliens and placed in another country which resembles America very much.
    *looks around*

Losing side? not really mate.. this counrty knows whats going on, and it will never allow liberals to destroy it. you can spout you anti-irish hate all you want but it makes no difference, you and your fellow traitors are a small minority :D

• Advertisement

mrhankey88 wrote:
    You liberals on here make me sick. The good thing though is you lot are a small minority of 'people'. Most likely you hate the catholic church because it represents everything 'old ireland' and you want that destroyed. And people who want that are the enemy of this country and should be exhiled or shot.

from someone who just posted an anti-jewish joke you have no right to be talking in any tone about supporting religions. you are a racist pig, simple as that.

you and your fellow traitors are a small minority

I find it delicious that you feel the need to keep repeating this. It's almost like you're trying to convince someone...hmm, but who?

Delusion is still delusion no matter how many times you repeat it, you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Moriarty wrote:

Brilliant :D
    You tell 'im, Moriarty...

You're a spiteful f**ker, aren't you mrhankey88? I know I'll probably get banned for sayin that but #1 It's true and #2 It's worth being banned for.

We aren't the traitors. YOU ARE.

For those that don't know about mrhankey88s past, he's a stand-up member of stormfront. The 88 in his nick refers to HH (H being the 8th letter in the alphabet..), which stands for Heil Hitler.

Just so you all know where he's coming from :)

I think its ironic that with this sort of hateful bullsh*t he's heading straight for a ban himself.

...soon he and his views will be repressed...

Hee hee, I take...guilty glee in that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

FEED TROLL DON'T THE

Re-arrange the above letters to make sentence..

BuffyBot wrote:
    FEED TROLL DON'T THE

Re-arrange the above letters to make sentence..

Technically you need to re-arrange the already cohesive words :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Must run...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Zillah wrote:
    You know what...?

I'm a liberal.
    I hate old Ireland.
    Yup, I hate the views of old Ireland as well. As for the Catholic Church? Don't get me started. All this organised religion rubbish annoys me so much. The church is full of so many flaws. I don't want to be a part of a backward organisation that tries to force their ugly views on everyone:

Some examples from the sermons of a priest in my parish:
    The use of contraception is evil
    Single mothers are evil
    Young people are evil
    Homosexuals are evil
    People leaving mass early are evil
    People coming into mass late are evil
    People not coming to mass are evil

Same priest is the stupidest, most idiotic moron I have ever come across. He never stops giving out about everything and anything. And he wonders why people don't want to come to mass?

Why do you need to waste 45 minutes standing in a church when you have no interest in what that priest has to say? To me, it's just a waste of my time, when I could be doing something better. Why? Because I don't pay attention to his stupid sermons on how young people are evil, etc.

I'm a good person, I don't have to go to mass to be a good person. Does going to mass make you a good person? NO it does not! For example: a murderer goes to mass. Does that make him a good person? Ah ... no.

And isn't it somewhere that says "the kingdom of god is all around you" - there is no mention of having to go into some building to show your faith.

And as someone else said - it is our generation who will be moving this country forward. All the backward views will die out, people are not gonna move backward.

One more thing - I have a very wide circle of friends. And only two of them are people that go to mass. So go figure - the minority is those who go to mass, not those who don't go.

So to the original poster - get a life you twat, and stop spamming the place with your racist views, and calling us all traitors. It's people like you that make the catholic church so god damn unappealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

mrhankey88 wrote:
    lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
    adj.

1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

2. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

LOL ... yeah I can see why you would hate liberals and personal freedom, and wish for a return to authoritarian rule where no one was free and the vast majority of people in this country lead hard, down troden lives of desperation and oppression

either a troll, or stupiest post of the year ... either way ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Interesting points. Mass originally was supposed to be a celebration. Jesus said "Do this in memory of me". To be fair though, Catholicism isn't too big on the HELL idea. The fire and brimestone crap they churn out is mild and infrequent compared to most American sects.

The use of contraception is evil
    Single mothers are evil
    Young people are evil
    Homosexuals are evil
    People leaving mass early are evil
    People coming into mass late are evil
    People not coming to mass are evil
    did you hear that bryan mcfadden song, "Second single "'Irish Son" opens the album with Brian pouring out his heart about his difficult Catholic upbringing."
    And it all turned out to be a load of BS?
    He mentioned the name of some school where he claimed he has such a "difficult catholic upbringing" but in reality the school had never heard of him and bryan had to come clean and said he made it all up.
    Tinkerbell, I doubt that your of any age where you are being forced to go to church and if you are I suggest you contact childline and have your parents reprimanded.
    Other than that I don't believe for a minute that you have ever heard any priest say such things..and If you did well, I'm glad I didn't grow up in the same backward part of the country as you.
    I think there is a generation in Ireland which would like to think its being opressed by the catholic church where as in reality, the catholic church took a nosedive in Ireland over 20 years ago. Seriously people, are you really that oppresed by the church?
    If so, lets go and burn them all down, we'll show those funkers what we think.
    Yea rah rah rastafaraai

I don't go to mass anymore - I stopped going a few years ago.

And yes, those things that I said about a priest are all fact. It's what the man uses in most of his sermons, he's always giving out about something - I ain't making this up! I was horrified when I heard him preaching at the altar about all those topics that I posted above, and lots of people have given out about it after mass as well (this is when I did go to mass).

I know that there are some nice priests that have been in my home parish before, but this priest (that I talked about above) is just a total ass. And yes, you should consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to grow up listening to this kinda rubbish during a sermon!

I ain't oppressed by the church because I ain't bothered with the church, it doesn't rule my life, and it has no say on how I live my normal and decent everyday life.

tinkerbell wrote:
    I ain't oppressed by the church because I ain't bothered with the church, it doesn't rule my life, and it has no say on how I live my normal and decent everyday life.
    that is the most intelligent thing I have heard anybody say on this subject so far.
    I might just put it in my sig.

Oppressed = "burdened psychologically or mentally; "laden with grief"; "oppressed by a sense of failure"

I'm not burdened by the church. If I was, then I reckon I'd feel forced into going to mass when I don't want to, and have no interest in going. Or I'd be feeling guilty by not going, which I so do not!

:)

I'm very much in agreement with you, I stopped going to church when I was about 13, I would think most peole here did the same, in fact considering the genre here I would think most of the people who post here would have parents who stopped going to church when they were 13/14.
    I just don't get the whole being oppressed thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

What we have here people, is a member of the "Silent Majority" (there aren't very many of them, but they never shut the **** up).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Those who try to destroy old Ireland should be shot. Every single christain muthaf*cker! The whole lot. Line them up and shoot them. Go back to the pagan ways, learn Irish only, and not English, throw out all the foreigners, and grow spuds...

Aye. Don't like them foreigners. Coming over here, killing those who don't want to believe their Italian ways... Never figured that one out, actually. Why Italy? Was it because over 3 other religons already claim Jeulusuarm (spelling?) to be "their" main holy city? Anyhoo's, yeah, what was I saying? Oh yeah. Not only should we kill them, but we should get the lists of all the Christains, and kill them. May as well kill all the other relgions as well. Wouldn't want to discriminate, would we? Oh. That does seem rather like 1930's Germany. Lets smash windows?

And why stop there? Why not go a bit further, and kill where all the spew comes from. Italy, Jeulusuarm (spelling?), and while we're at it, why not also a few more. China, for the craic, and then... oh wait. I'm still in charge of Ireland. Hmmm... no army. Ah well. So much for world domination.

=-=

Please note; the above was a joke, and was not meant to offend. Except for those who wish for me to die, because of my beliefs:p

at the early age of 38 me mother says go wesht
    get up says she and get a job, said "Aye I'll do me besht"
    So..I put on me wellingtons to march to kiltimach
    but I took a wrong turn in charlestown..and I ended up in knock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Buffybot has the right idea here.

V.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement