Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UB's new payout structure.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Samba I think you were right to warn people if the site is in trouble as I think a few boardies play on Ultimate bet and may have money intheir accounts. RT2 there are already moderators for this forum if they have a problem you should let them deal with it. I think most posters on this board have the sense to know what is not acceptable to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I was actually at fault to some extent, the problem they experienced is and has been addressed for some time now and their chargeback levels are back on track. (my friend blew it out of porportion and told me it couldd be in the coming weeks!)

But it is a worry, imagine you had 60k in your account (which I am sure some of the high stakes players easily do) and they did go belly up!!

where would one stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Samba wrote:
    and they did go belly up!!

where would one stand?

That's a difficult one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Samba wrote:
    But it is a worry, imagine you had 60k in your account (which I am sure some of the high stakes players easily do) and they did go belly up!!

where would one stand?

In the middle of a big deep lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I don't understand why people would keep that sort of money in their account. My bankroll is notional, it doesn't have to be sitting in their account earning them interest when it could be sitting in mine earning me interest.

The place for large quantaties of cash is in the bank not sitting on a poker site. I regularily cash out down to a fairly small amount of money enough for a few buyins/tournaments at my level. Reloading takes about a millisecond anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Maybe not in one account but you could easily have a serious amount of cash spread across several sites, if you are playing games like $5000 heads up matches, high stakes NL ring games, or 100/200 LM ring games. Players with this kind of money make more by having it in poker sites that earning interest in a bank. Its an investment in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

This is true I suppose but being in that position I'd prefer to have my money held centrally in something safe like neteller or my bank account or my credit card account.

I honestly don't see a reason to have anything more than a few buyins on any given site with most of your bankroll held somewhere a bit safer. Now if you're playing for monstrous stakes like $5k heads ups or $10/$20 PLO then this is still going to be a serious serious whack of cash but if you're playing within your bankroll then it shouldn't actually be that much money to you. ie If you're playing $2000 a buyin omaha then you should have a bankroll of about $200000 (or I would) I wouldn't be keeping more than $10,000 of it online at any one time.

Advertisement