Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Irish PC Modding Site...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Eboggles wrote: »

I'd happily write a few reviews/articles for you, as long as it's not something about RAID, NAS Servers or something like that, as that stuff is boring!

Maybe I'll review a juicy graphics card, or watercooling kit? Or case? This sounds like fun :D

Yeah check out the site overclocker.ie nothing boring. Just good hardware. But
    That would be awesome mate. Where abouts you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Valdez wrote: »

Yeah check out the site overclocker.ie nothing boring. Just good hardware. But
    That would be awesome mate. Where abouts you located?
    I'm in Meath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Eboggles wrote: »
    I'm in Meath :)
    Cool the cafe is in ballyfermot but I live in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Rogann

This is just my opinion but I think the main page is a bit cluttered. Off topic a bit I know sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Puredarkness

Hello. I see this post mentions custompc.ie as a modding site? It's not a modding site really and it's not a good website either. I have personally used this website more than once and never will again,
    The website is slow, the layout is poor, and delivery times and product stock levels are terrible. Both times I ordered products from them I had to ring to find out where my order was as it had been 2 weeks since I placed the order and got no response when I emailed them or used there on site contact system. My last order I cancelled as it had been 3 weeks from placing my order and I had to email them and got told parts were no in stock even though there website listed the products as being available and instore an I was told it would be 2 weeks be4 they would be able to get the fans I ordered. The only good thing was the guy on the phone who cancelled my order. Still it took them 2secs to bill my credit card when I made my order but was told it would take 2 weeks to refund my money, and I work in customer service I know refunds to credit cards can be done in seconds. All in all custompc.ie gets a 2/10 from me. I will use pixmania.com or something else in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I will use pixmania.com or something else in future

From bad to worse !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

just an ad site spam I would remove your post from boards ie

domain: custompc.ie
    descr: TEKONE IT SERVICES LIMITED
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: APM454-IEDR
    tech-c: DAD1-IEDR
    renewal: 19-May-2013
    nserver: ns1.ekmsystems.net
    nserver: ns2.ekmsystems.net
    source: IEDR

person: David Brooks
    nic-hdl: APM454-IEDR

person: Digiweb Hosting
    nic-hdl: DAD1-IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Puredarkness

bmm wrote: »
    From bad to worse !
    well imagine how bad custompc.ie must be if i think pixmania is better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Oh dear, people have gone and vomited all over a necrothreadeded (may need more -ed-s, the thread was a good eight years old after all).

If anyone needs to continue their discussions, please feel free to create new threads and let this poor tired old thing go to its grave. Although seeing as complaining about CustomPC is something of a hobby in the Irish tech community we probably don't need that old chestnut aired yet again :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement