Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Shows that I'd like to see re-run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ahhh, The Greatest American Hero. "Believe it or not I'm walking on air..."

I'd like to see the Littlest Hobo again and I was a big fan of Briscoe County Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Manimal

Bring Em Back alive

Maybe I'd be better off not seeing them and living with the vague memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Quantum leap, "Look out sam"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kdevitt wrote:

Although I hate to admit it, you're right. I used to love Airwolf, but watched a re-run on Bravo and it was terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Remington Steel I thought it was the funnyest PI show on TV. (Forget Moonlighting)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I watched The Greatest American Hero again recently and it absolutely ruined my fond memories of it :( (It was shíte, in retrospect).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Badabing wrote:
    Quantum leap, "Look out sam"
    Did anyone ever see the last episode of that? How did it end?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

snakeater wrote:
    Did anyone ever see the last episode of that? How did it end?
    I answered this before in another thread... hold on.. i'll find it!

EDIT: A-ha.. here you go:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2109698&postcount=20
    Or just simply:

Me! wrote:
    Sam leaps into a bar called "Al's," tended and owned by a man (surprise surprise) called Al - and it's only the first of a swarm of parallel people Sam encounters in this bar - where either the name or the person is identical to someone he's met and helped at some point in the series. Meanwhile, "our" Al has lost communication with Sam and is desperately trying to find him. Throughout the show, Sam learns more about this bartender Al and at least one other character who is a "leaper" like Sam (helpful, not some smarmy "evil female" love interest). Eventually, we realise that this Al is, if not HE, then a deity-type who is giving Sam a "break" from the action as well as the opportunity to learn how the leaping originated - and that, most of all, it is driven by Sam, not some otherworldly force. This Al asks Sam what he most wants to do, and that wish will catapult him either home or to the next leap. Teary, he says "I really want to go home, but first I have to make right what went wrong in Al's (his) life." This Al pats his shoulder (I think) and says "God Bless You, Sam" and Sam is then back in time in (his) Al's home, where Al's then-wife is weeping. Sam tells her that Al is ok, and will return home from the war. Happy ending to then - the screen will fade to black and we're informed that Al and (wife) went on to have (5?) children and are celebrating their 38th anniversary. Then, another screen informs us that Sam NEVER leaped home.

There it is...
    Sam made the ultimate sacrifice for Al.
    I must try and get a hold of that episode. It was called 'Mirror Image', as far as i can remember. Like i said, one of the best finales ever broadcast in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Want " The Littlest Hobo" back on screen.Also Kung fu "grasshopper"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

"My So-Called Life".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd go with "The Littlest Hobo" though that was on some cheapo channel on Sky some months ago, think it was Life TV or something...

Also wouldnt' mind a rerun of The Fall Guy.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

basquille wrote:
    I answered this before in another thread... hold on.. i'll find it!

[
    Thanks I always wondered how it ended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Time Tunnel : (

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Crystal maze with the bald guy cause he made the show. The guy with hair that replaced him was crap.

Actually, there is already a thread on this topic
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=227977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

I've said it before and I'll say it again!

MONKEY!

Doctor Who!

Blake's 7!

aaahhhhh, bliss...... :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Littlest Hobo!! 'There's a voice that keeps on calling me, down the road, that's where I'll always be.......'

Saw it a few times on Living TV recently. I still love the theme tune but my god, memories really can make shows seems a lot better then they were!

I'd love to see The Fall Guy. I loved that show! Colt Seevers etc etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

jomanji wrote:
    . I used to love Airwolf, but watched a re-run on Bravo and it was terrible!

watched one episode last year, loved the howl of the engines they always put in, but wouldn't watch the whole series again.

just remebered one bit from that part I saw and I quote : 'those aren't just normal Nazis,...... they are NEO NAZIS :eek: !!!' followed by very dramatic music.

I was in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Stalfos wrote:
    Crystal maze with the bald guy cause he made the show. The guy with hair that replaced him was crap.

That's being shown on Challenge currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

kdevitt wrote:
    Manimal

Bring Em Back alive

Manimal is starting on Bravo on June 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Hogan's Hero's - a loong time ago

Vengeance Unlimited! - not too long ago but for some reason (Michael Madsen??) I loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

anyone remember the gemini man
    or big john little john
    ?bigjohn_0.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

Used to love "Planet Of The Giants" on sky. They had huge matchboxes etc to make people look smaller(kinda like the borrowers. also,bottom and the young ones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

Simon and Simon.

Hardcastle and Mc Cormack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nightstand with Dick Dietrich - hilarious spoof talk show. Does anyone else remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

newgrange wrote:
    "My So-Called Life".

That was one under rated show.

"Murphy Brown" especially the ones starig Garry Marshall (the dirctor)

Barnaby Jones, F Troop and the famous Teddy Z. (Why he was famous - I can't even remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Been watching Bullseye on Challenge for a while now. Classic game show which must be brought back. I'd love to see a new series made but they'd have to have "Big" Jim Bowen back and the crappy prizes. Legendary.

http://www.bullseyeonline.net/TVShowFormat/show_format.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭highdef

Prisoner Cell Block H - Was so ****, it was brilliant. Watched it for years and UTV canceled it with only a year or so to go.
    Also, the classic "The Prisoner" from the 60's. What a f*cked up program that was!!!! Utter brilliance. Have the first few episodes on tape. Available on dvd now. Must visit Port Merrion to see the set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

sailorboy wrote:
    anyone remember the gemini man?

Yeah, I used to love that when it was on. He had a digital watch which kept him visible but he had to switch it off to become invisible. If he did this for more than 15 minutes in a 24 hour period he would die. I remember the first digital watch I got (late seventies?) had a red LCD, which I used to pretend was like his. redface.gif
    bm388.jpg
    This is him (can't see the bloody watch though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

gemini man
    pure class
    id kill for this on video or dvd
    anyone got it?

1-1-1.jpg
    vintage i had one of these watches with the calc on it etc.but i always wanted the one he had in the program

• Advertisement

Miami Vice
    Brisco County Jr
    Quantum Leap
    Space Above and Beyond
    Brimstone
    The Sweeney

There's loads more I'd love to see again. Just watching Miami Vice Season One on DVD and it rocks. It's one of those programmes thatI watched repeats of as a child and grew to love.

Advertisement