Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I knew then, what I know now...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭fookchooknooris

Hmm. At least know a superficial amount about every possible question that can up. You'd be surprised by how little will get you a pass mark in a freshmen paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

You'd be surprised by how little will get you a pass mark in a freshmen paper.

Oh, believe me, I'm counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yay for vague, sketchy understandings of important biological/chemical/geological/geographical/mathematical principles! I'm such a great scientist. No really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

i sincerely hope this also works for SF science because i'm FOOKED.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Myth wrote:
    Well, if there's a mistake in the exam paper, the lecturer will read out any errors and it is then up to you to update it. If they've spotted it. Interestingly, last year there was 3 (i think) corrections to one question in one of my exams.

There was an exam last year in my course that apparently was riddled with errors (wasn't one of the options I chose, but a number of friends told me), the lecturer fixed a number of them at various stages of the exam, managing to make mistakes in some of his corrections.

The thing was, the questions o the repeat exam were VERY similar to those for the summer, complete with the original mistakes. Impressive.

• Advertisement

i sincerely hope this also works for SF science because i'm FOOKED.

What subjects are you doing? I'd say my comments apply to SF science. Even read a wixipedia article on something you feel you don't have time to study for the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

yeh relying heavily on the wikipedia it must be said. biology 1, biology 2 and chemistry. i don't even care what I get into next year at this point, I just don't wanna do repeats.

yeah repeats are sh1t. i've pmed you a link to some of my old notes might be useful. or may not be!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I don't think Dr. Newman put too much time into the preparation of the exam I just had today.

For example, p. 8 of 13 refers to 'EC2040 Statistics Formula for Foundation Scholarship Examination 2006'.

The parts of q. 7 are:
    • a)
    • b)
    • d)

Better yet, the parts of q. 8 are:
    • a
    • b)
    • c)
    • e)
    • f)
    • g)
    • h)
    • i)
    • j)
    • h)

Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

At least she's pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

stargal wrote:
    At least she's pretty.
    Enda fancies her to bits, and she's from Kildare, so it's even better for him. He wants babies...

Now now, Mattie.

Just because you're jealous that Kildare's performance is superior to Meath's in the Department doesn't mean you can go making up fibs about me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me does evil cackel....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Links removed, rules are such that no lecturers pictures, i really don't have time to care if it should be refined so that linking to offical college images is ok at the moment so just removed.

And Joe, banned for a week, no one likes a tard, least of all when they are studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

this may be a little preemptive, but see yah in a day or two enda...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Am I missing something here?

Amp test, anyone?

I forgot about the no pictures rule. But, as Nietzchean sort of said, they're both on the TCD website, so it's no great booboo. I was only playing with europerson, and I know for a fact that neither of the individuals would be too bothered by pics on their websites being linked to, but I've no problem with the links being edited either. I think me half-criticising (only half- because it's not like it made a great difference!) Dr. Newman's paper would be of greater concern.

So no, Hils, I don't think I'll be banned for that one :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

awh...and i was so looking forward to the peace and quiet...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Hi everyone!

Dragging up an old thread hope someone can help,

Basic question really. So I'm a JF (obviously!) I have six modules. One email off a lecturer said examinations start 26th April.

Do I have one exam per module?
    So if I have six exams could they be scattered over a few days/weeks? i.e timetabled seperately?
    When do ALL exams end?
    Is the Trinity Ball during the exams?
    Is each exam roughly 4hrs long or what?
    I never go to tutorials, but they only count for 5% so is if I do good on the papers will I be grand?

Thanks in advance! Should save me and some other green JFs stress come April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Fedule

naasface wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Dragging up an old thread hope someone can help,

Basic question really. So I'm a JF (obviously!) I have six modules. One email off a lecturer said examinations start 26th April.

Do I have one exam per module?
    So if I have six exams could they be scattered over a few days/weeks? i.e timetabled seperately?
    When do ALL exams end?
    Is the Trinity Ball during the exams?
    Is each exam roughly 4hrs long or what?
    I never go to tutorials, but they only count for 5% so is if I do good on the papers will I be grand?

Thanks in advance! Should save me and some other green JFs stress come April!

Well...

1) Probably. But we can't tell you for sure since it depends on your course. It'll all be in the handbook for your course, which'll be available from your department office, and probably also available online.

2) In all likelihood, yes. Exam timetables will be posted online a while before the exam term starts.

3) Exams are all between April 26th and May 23rd, and yes, may be on Saturdays.

4) No.

5) See 1.

6) See 1. Some tutorials count for tons, some count for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Certain courses, ie history, will give you a non-satisfactory if you miss over a certain number of tutorials without a medical certificate or majorly good excuse (like being kidnapped, death of a family member, playing assassin (seriosuly), etc). 5% is actually a good bit when you think 70 is the highest you're gonna get (if you do arts) and it's not hard to get either.

Advertisement