Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Use of Spoilers

Options
  • 15-04-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I've just read in the charter that we should be using spoilers as not everyone wants to have the plot given out.

But for some reason that what we seem to do when we speak about soaps, most magazine publish wants ahead anyway, so its no great secret in posting up what we know will occur down the line.

So, Mods, is it neccessary for us to use spoilers? Which can be read anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

Why shouldn't spoilers be used? Its not very fair if they aren't cos some people don't read tabloids and soap mags.
    Is it too much trouble for you and the other big blabbers to use spoiler tags..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

[spoilers] I'm practising using spoilers as I've tried and failed before [/spoilers]

Damn. What am I doing wrong?

[spoilers]one last try[/spoilers]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

No "s" at the end of spoiler
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'd prefer if Spoiler tags are used unless there is a "[Contains Spoilers]", in the thread title.

That tends to keep everyone happy. (If that is ever possible) :rolleyes: :D

if it works thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

celticfc wrote:
    I'd prefer if Spoiler tags are used unless there is a "[Contains Spoilers]", in the thread title.

That tends to keep everyone happy. (If that is ever possible) :rolleyes: :D
    Your the boss! Up to ye Mods!

Thanks for reply!

Advertisement