Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake american accents on irish radio!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

All Irish Radio = Smashey and Nicey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BIteen

How can u HATE the Thrills you gotta have respect for them dublin born band broke the U.S.A before they even tried breaking euope now thats pretty impressive and in fact Conor Deasy(lead singer) really has a hiddin Dub accent i met him in town today as they are playing a live gig in a few days,nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes it's pronounced Nik-ee, saying it's pronounced nike as in bike in Ireland just shows how ignorant you are. Refusing to accept that, and continue to use the wrong pronunciation, just shows your stupidity.

Moving this clusterfúck of a thread to the cuckoos nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I pronounce it kee-ni. No one ever knows what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i call them ****e nike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Rew wrote:
    Totally agreed... Have you heard the gift grub piss take on them?

http://www.radioireland.ie/audio/giftthri.wma

Pure genius!

Classic LMAO :D

Btw i call nike. nikey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nikey all the way - no one's called it nike like bike since the 80s before coolness came to Ireland.

Such ownage!

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

fowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

surely this is prime recycle bin matierial..>//

meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I usually reserve crazy rantings for The Cuckoos Nest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Oy just call moy fuutware...... wellingtons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

NotMe wrote:
    Oy just call moy fuutware...... wellingtons.

Do you "keep" sheeP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

And we're suppose to pronounce adidas like adeeedas, haha some hope of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

All of this is Tony Fenton's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I couldn't give a ****e if it's nike or nikey, you don't have to listen to the radio to hear these fake accent's you can hear people on the street talking like that even 40 year old's with their newly cultivated accent's. What about annoying word's like the op used twat is he a brit? other stupid word's are muppet which is really annoying, quirky, basically, soooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Sam Kade wrote:
    I couldn't give a ****e if it's nike or nikey, you don't have to listen to the radio to hear these fake accent's you can hear people on the street talking like that even 40 year old's with their newly cultivated accent's. What about annoying word's like the op used twat is he a brit? other stupid word's are muppet which is really annoying, quirky, basically, soooo.
    Why are you replying to a two year old thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Dudes
    I totally like see the point UR making
    like seriously
    who knew nike was named after some greek fosil
    I understand why
    yor screaming like banshee t'bout it
    I t'wouldn't be to 'appy if they'd be broadcasting fake Irish accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why the f<>ck are Irish ad agencies using fakey wakey Yankee accents to sell Spanish-badged German cars to Poles in Ireland?

Thats what I wanna know.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

OFDM wrote:
    Why are you replying to a two year old thread?
    What's the big deal with digging up old thread's? if you are intrested in a certain topic why start a new thread with the same topic which is the norm with ask about money website. I suppose I will be barred from accent threads now.

is there a movie about
    lovers writing letters across different time

course the whole cause and effect issue

perhaps if an old thread is pulled the originator could be e-mailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saragata

Sorry to bring you down off the high horse of authority re American English, but over here, it's definitely a 2-syllable word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Look!!

Different languages pronounce the same combination of letters differently.

Most languages pronounce the vowels seperately. English is one of the few languages which runs the vowels together.Other languages pronounce the letters differently,for example in Italian the letter "i" is pronounced "eeh" whereas we pronounce it "eye".

Americans for some reason differ from the English pronounciation e. g. English "semee final" American "Semeye final".

It depends on whre you live!!! get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Hmmmmmm. Do I have the accent or do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Spin FM are also guilty of the pseudo-american accents.. Many a lunchtime have I sat in the canteen in work wanting to destroy the radio because of one of these morons' constant yapping.. No music, just fake american banter..

fukkin' idiots..

kev Jack that is on at lunch time on Spin midweek I think you will find is actually American and Ali his co-host also his wife lives with him and spent time in the states with him. This would be the reason for the American Accent. It aint fake he is from Chicago.

dem dare posers looks like deys live in snow

Posted by FlutterinBantam:
    Look!!

Different languages pronounce the same combination of letters differently.

Most languages pronounce the vowels seperately. English is one of the few languages which runs the vowels together.Other languages pronounce the letters differently,for example in Italian the letter "i" is pronounced "eeh" whereas we pronounce it "eye".

Americans for some reason differ from the English pronounciation e. g. English "semee final" American "Semeye final".

It depends on whre you live!!! get over it.

And in my neighbourhood we have the word creek.
    Some pronounce it as crick. Drives me mad!

it's creek
    as in eek a creep
    not crick
    is in ich ein prick

EXACTLY! But tell that to the Wisconsinites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alliekatt

I'm American and I think they're LAAAAAAAAAME. You need some southern fried madwoman from Nashville like me on your radio, the morning M50 would be full of 'smash-ups' especially since I love to make you folks squirm when I openly discuss my personal issues and unleash my fiery stream of hate toward George Bush. I would be the audio version of acid reflux tainted with the aftertaste of REAL fried chicken, Jack Daniel's and ICED TEA (which you people totally hate and I find totally funny.)

Rev. Alliekatt

Advertisement