Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

German Front mod released.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

wideband wrote:
    if your in the dublin area i have the mods and maps on CD if you want them.

Nah have a USB drive and download in work(dont say anything :D ) and just bring home.....saves my download limit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

just played my first few rounds of GFM on that jarhedz server...i was crap (differant ballgame without the crosshairs :o ) but what mod :D .....heart was racing at times...legendary stuff....

is there a single player version??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

There is a single player demo out but from what I read in their forums the full single player GFM version has been cancelled, I suppose to plow all resources into multi maps.

The crosshairs is difficult to get used to but I wont go back to using them. And yeah GFF server is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

If you think the game server is great ...you should try connect to the teamspeak server :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bob nl

yeah and then hear you call everybody who shoots you BASTID.
    Serious now , join the GFF server and teamspeak for a good time guys.
    Hope to see/hear you all soon.
    Bob nl aka [G.F.F]Bob[CO]

• Advertisement

Dane wrote:
    If you think the game server is great ...you should try connect to the teamspeak server :D

Oh yeah, TS is hilarious, all my scores have gone down since I started to listen to that.

BTW I'm Dinner

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah its not a bad mod been playing it over the weekend. Still getting used to it and im still not used to UO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Nah have a USB drive and download in work(dont say anything ) and just bring home.....saves my download limit!!!

I like your style ;) Gwan Dinner ya mad yoke. :)
    (not sure if i'll be able to understand people from wexford though )

Hahahaha Wideband.
    I'll try to

s p e a k
    m o r e
    c l e a r l y!

Lolz a plenty. :D

Arabel wrote:
    Oh yeah, TS is hilarious, all my scores have gone down since I started to listen to that.

BTW I'm Dinner

Well hello Dinner :) You still able to shoot very well tho :) I'll soon be calling you a barstid too :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

great mod very buggy atm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only 2 real bugs,spawning bug where you cant move [type kill in console] rarely happens.
    Also the 127 bones error that boots ya from server,only a linux issue and rarely happens also.
    Its only the second beta atm and with so few minor bugs its a good sign.

Dcully wrote:
    Only 2 real bugs,spawning bug where you cant move [type kill in console] rarely happens.
    Also the 127 bones error that boots ya from server,only a linux issue and rarely happens also.

I havent had any of those on the G.F.F server ..... yet :)

Only thing I had is the "respawn in front of a enemie that then shoots you" :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only thing I had is the "respawn in front of a enemie that then shoots you"

Only in HQ mode,more the games fault as opposed to the mod :)

Dane wrote:
    Only thing I had is the "respawn in front of a enemie that then shoots you" :eek:

happened to me last nite....spawned in front of a nice friendly gerry with a flamethrower.....just turned around to find the door and....toast... :D

Gryzor wrote:
    happened to me last nite....spawned in front of a nice friendly gerry with a flamethrower.....just turned around to find the door and....toast... :D

I think that was me in the church. :D

Arabel wrote:
    I think that was me in the church. :D

that was the spot allright...on holy ground and all...u'll be struck down by a bolt of lighning some day.... :D

Gryzor wrote:
    that was the spot allright...on holy ground and all...u'll be struck down by a bolt of lighning some day.... :D

Ah, but until then, I'll be waiting, with my flamer in hand, for you to spawn beside me again. :D

Arabel wrote:
    Ah, but until then, I'll be waiting, with my flamer in hand, for you to spawn beside me again. :D

whatever you do with your "flamer" behind closed doors is your own business.. ;) but keep it away from me.. ...couldn't resist.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Gryzor wrote:
    whatever you do with your "flamer" behind closed doors is your own business.. ;) but keep it away from me.. ...couldn't resist.. :D

Flamer is great criac gonna bring a few slices of bread to make toast next time !

Have downloaded this and installed last nite but everytime I tried to log onto server it started to load up and then would crash saying I hadnt the correct files......any tips? which level should I bet at?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah installed GermanFrontMod_09 and then the patch 1_0

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi Big Nelly

Had a similar problem myself.....i had to cut and paste the GFM files a few times until i got them into the correct location.......not at the gaming rig at the moment, so if know one comes back to you this morning ill let you know this evening.

wb

wideband wrote:
    Hi Big Nelly

Had a similar problem myself.....i had to cut and paste the GFM files a few times until i got them into the correct location.......not at the gaming rig at the moment, so if know one comes back to you this morning ill let you know this evening.

wb

Yeah thats the one...wont be back at PC till after work so no rush! thanks mate.....

Forgot to mention....when I am installing the mod I just leave it to extract to C:\Programs Files\Call of Duty

The default....maybe that mite be problem

Whats the exact error that comes up? Does it happen on all GFM servers? Were you loading onto a GFM map or a CoD map on a GFM server?

Arabel wrote:
    Whats the exact error that comes up? Does it happen on all GFM servers? Were you loading onto a GFM map or a CoD map on a GFM server?

Weell any server I tried to connect to it would go into the screen where it would start to load up....load bar on bottom of screen would start moving.....then it would jump back to menu saying it couldnt find such and such a file....changed with each server...not at PC so cant type exact error

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i started playing this at the weekend its not bad at all. But not that different all the same. I dident notice any bugs when I played it.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Weell any server I tried to connect to it would go into the screen where it would start to load up....load bar on bottom of screen would start moving.....then it would jump back to menu saying it couldnt find such and such a file....changed with each server...not at PC so cant type exact error

Just on the extreme off chance, do you have theCoD UO map pack installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi Big Nelly,

had a look at were i loaded the game so here it is.......

C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\gfm

hope this helps

wideband wrote:
    Hi Big Nelly,

had a look at were i loaded the game so here it is.......

C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\gfm

hope this helps

Cheers mate

Copied the files in there last nite but then BB went mental and my ping was over 700 on every server on Cod, Cod:UO, BF1942 abd Vietnam so couldnt play anything.....bast**ds.....wasn't too bad watched UEFA Cup final...will try later!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement