Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Anime/Manga?

Options
  • 11-04-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

My Favourite Anime are - Excel Saga, Chobits, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragon Half and Cradcaptor Sakura.
    My Favourite Manga are - Gravitiation, Kodocha, Tokyo Mew Mew and Dragonknights.
    I've watched the Gravitation Anime and perfer the Manga. I just think it's better...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

My favourite manga in no particular order:
    Dance Till Tomorrow
    Gantz
    GTO
    Beck
    Homonculus
    Gyo
    Usumaru Furuya's stuff
    Berserk
    Ai Yori Aoshi
    Bakune Young
    Planetes
    Saikano
    Astro Boy
    Baki the Grappler (I think I'm probably the only Baki fan in the country :o )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

HEART YORE SIG!11

....wonder if this can be seen from space too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Feenikusu

Kenshin!
    And NGE and InuYasha and Detective Conan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mightymoose

Naruto all the way ^^ it kicks three kinds of ass. including yours ¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr. Wanker

Rurouni Kenshin, Hellsing and Neon Genesis Evangelion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

There are too many but GTO, .Hack//Sign, Fruit Basket, Gensoumaden Saiyuki, One Piece, Kenshin just to name a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Duggy

hmmmm, my favourite anime would have to be DragonBall Z, superb anime that gave me great inspiration for drawing cartoons (63 characters at the moment.)

My favourite manga would be close between Akira and Ninja Scroll though I'd probably go for Akira for its innovative animation technique that was used. That film helped me with my animation techniques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Ghost in the shell 1 and 2,
    Akira,
    Neon Gen,
    Blood the last Vampire,
    Cant think of name, ...2 kids one leaves on a spaceship, time differential between messages..excellent if you know the one :)
    One Piece
    feck there are too many!!
    quicker to name least favourite Anime basically any aimed at selling card games..Pokemon, kids with mad hair one, dont bother remembering names of crap ones !! :) oh its yugio, prob mis-spelled it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Ghost in the shell 1 and 2,
    Akira,
    Neon Gen,
    Blood the last Vampire,
    Cant think of name, ...2 kids one leaves on a spaceship, time differential between messages..excellent if you know the one :)
    One Piece
    feck there are too many!!
    quicker to name least favourite Anime basically any aimed at selling card games..Pokemon, kids with mad hair one, dont bother remembering names of crap ones !! :) oh its yugio, prob mis-spelled it tho
    Well I'll add Samurai Deeper Kyo as well ... for some reason I know a lot of people who absolutely love it and push me to love it but I absolutely hate it ... it starts quiet well over the first episodes but then it turns really boring in my opinion ...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm a Miyazaki fangirl. Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anime: Akira, Evangelion [](esp. the wonderfully weird End of Evangelion)[/i]; Gundam Seed & Gundam Seed Destiny, Trigun, Goldenboy (only available on the continent :mad: ), Hellsing, Spirited Away & Princess Mononoke.
    And Dragon Ball Z when I feel like some cheese!! :D

Manga: Love Hina, Chobits & Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School.

I LOVE ANIME!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Anime: Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Manga: Blade of the Immortal, Hellsing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Anime: Cowboy Bebop The Movie, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and RahXephan

Manga: Love Hine, Evangelion and Remote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RagerX

Princess Mononoke
    Akira
    Ghost in the Shell
    Spirited Away
    Cowboy Bebop
    Dragonball Z & GT
    Metropolis
    Streetfighter 2
    Uruksukidoji 1
    Patlabor 1 & 2
    Project AKO 4 fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Series: Neon Genesis Evangeleon. If you haven't seen this, watch it as soon as you can. I remember when I first found it (a flatmate at the time had borrowed it from someone he knew), I started watching it at about 9pm, I was still watching it when my flatmates got up for breakfast. First time I've ever watched an entire series in one sitting on my own, on my first viewing of a series.

Film: Spirited Away. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Akira is a close second though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dondonjordan

nesf wrote:
    Series: Neon Genesis Evangeleon. If you haven't seen this, watch it as soon as you can. I remember when I first found it (a flatmate at the time had borrowed it from someone he knew), I started watching it at about 9pm, I was still watching it when my flatmates got up for breakfast. First time I've ever watched an entire series in one sitting on my own, on my first viewing of a series.

Film: Spirited Away. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Akira is a close second though.
    My friend has actually bought me the Neon Genesis Evangeleon series for my birthday.
    Can't wait to get home and watch it all. I'm going to do what you suggested and try and do it in one sitting. Saw the last one already as they relesed it on its own at a video store near me.
    2 more weeks and I get to watch it.
    While here in Holland I have also found a version of Akira with very good voice overs. The one I have in Ireland is very corny.

Some of my other favourites are:
    X
    Gujin-Z
    Black Jack

And the best of all time is "Fist of the north Star"
    They made a film out of the Animated series too. Acting is very good in it and its not bad in all. Very rare though. I have only seen it on Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I'm a Miyazaki fangirl. Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.
    Dude, those movies rule... Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies? You have to, it's brilliant. Sad, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

Why has Naruto only been said once? It's amazing! Plus spirited away is unreal, such a bizare story line.
    X rules too. And I have to admit I'm a bit of a DBZ-head

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

This is a hard question. They don't show anime on TV here (madrid), with the exception of cable TV...

So I download it instead :D

But don't tell anyone
    >.>
    <.<

But my favourite animes are...s-CRY-ed, Naruto...Witch Hunter Robin....Hellsing, Trigun, Gantz...and a few more I can't think of...

My favourite manga are Maison Ikkoku, Lamu (Lum).....City Hunter, and about a billion others -_-'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fuu123

inuyasha.jpgmy favorite anime is samurai champloo :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

samurai champloo is teh secks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

My favourite is 'Fruits Basket'. Mainly because it's the only one I've watched/read. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Graki_Khan

If the animation didn't go all f*ckways at the end of Samurai Champloo, I probably would have said that.

FLCL is my favourite tho, it has the most rewatching value me thinks.

favourite two favourite manga are
    GTO and Gantz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lou*

My Favourite Anime is Cardcaptors!! :D

But when I was younger I use to watch some cartoon can't think of the name but I got a picture of a little cute animal in it:

shin_tenchi_char_ryoohki.jpg

I loved the cartoon dose anyone know the name of it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Graki_Khan wrote:
    favourite two favourite manga are
    GTO and Gantz

Nice.

Gantz is wonderful, although the recent chapters have been a bit weak.
    Oh, with the exception of
    the ten-titted Reika-impersonating alien... :o

I'm up to 21 on GTO. Really should get around to reading the rest, probably one of my favourite series.

Lou* wrote:
    But when I was younger I use to watch some cartoon can't think of the name but I got a picture of a little cute animal in it: I loved the cartoon dose anyone know the name of it? :confused:

Yeah, the Anime Ryo-ohki is from is Tenchi. Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi Universe or that new one that's out. Whichever, she's in them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lou*

Rei-chan wrote:
    Yeah, the Anime Ryo-ohki is from is Tenchi. Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi Universe or that new one that's out. Whichever, she's in them all.

Thank you Rei-chan!!! :D gonna try fine some more cartoons!!

lou xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dianora

My favourites are
    Manga: Fruits Basket
    Chobits
    Imadoki!
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Wish
    Ceres, celestial legend

Anime: Fruits Basket
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Spirited Away (in Finnish it's Henkien Kätkemä)
    Totoro
    Ayashi no Ceres

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Nobody else has mentioned it but I love The Fist of the North Star, am I the only one who does?? :confused:

• Advertisement

I don't like the Anime, but the movie's alright. But that's not really mah thing.

Advertisement