Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubes/Dubarrys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I think they can look good on some girls, I have a preference for the brown ones, I've always liked brown over black. But most guys can't pull them off, you've gotta have small feet for them to look good. That's why mainly girls pull them off. I saw a group of pure southsiders (yes, I'm one myself) walking into Pizza hut the other day. Every single one of them except two (out of 12) were wearing abercombie clothes, head to.. ankle, and were either wearing Dubes or those Puma's! Then the other two guys were wearing rugby jerseys.. Was actually funny, 10 guys wearing a uniform pretty much! I mean seriously! wearing an Abercombie hoody can be cool, but that's it! then trousers are gay! (except on some girls, then they've gotta be tight on the ass :D ) But no matter who it is, nobody can wear an Abercombie hoody with Abercombie trousers. Under no circumstances! Ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

They're great, its like wearing a little sticker that says 'I'm not on the dole'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Shrimp wrote:
    actually they are very bendy! serious, u can like fold them practically!

This bendy quality makes it easier to beat poor people with them.. extra snap-back.. Mmmm..

Im a sucker for nostalgia so I go for the rolled up newspaper approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Sangre wrote:
    They're great, its like wearing a little sticker that says 'I'm not on the dole'.

Toffy nose or what!

• Advertisement

This is why the Liffey needs to have all bridges removed, riff raff who don't know their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

C'mon people lets be individuals by dressing the same as everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

arent they meant for yachts/boats or somethin??

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh god, the D4heads strike again. The hallmark of a 1st year UCD arts D4head is Abercrombie top, tracksuit bottoms and a pair of Dubes. And fake tan and dyed blonde hair.
    *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

true ^^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I think they stink!I wanted new shoes for work a while ago , somedoby said to me ou you`ve gotta get dubarrys there so comfortable , I went in for a look anyway , I just hated em got funky boots instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

they are great.i have 2 pairs. brown and navy. ive always had a pair since i first got them.they are a bit pricey tho

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

i have a pair for school and they are very comfy! would not wear them out other than with my uniform. i have the navy ones.

brown ones can be very sexy on the right guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

youre in luck then

I don't really know, I've always liked brown for everything, but a girl I know (she's a knack and wears dubes..) they're navy and actually look good with her uniform (dark navy too). They look good with the right outfit..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I've been wearing them for about 10 years. Yeah they're over a hundred euro, but they last for ever. I still have 2 pair i bought in 2001, and I wear them all the time. And the gortex ones are perfect for the irish weather, don't have to worry about wet feet anymore. Started wearing them in college, have been through about 6 or 7 pairs in 10 years, which is not bad. AND they're made in Ireland. AND they're the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. Couldn't care less what anyone thinks of them, they work for me so thats all i care...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

kenmc wrote:
    I've been wearing them for about 10 years. Yeah they're over a hundred euro, but they last for ever. I still have 2 pair i bought in 2001, and I wear them all the time. And the gortex ones are perfect for the irish weather, don't have to worry about wet feet anymore. Started wearing them in college, have been through about 6 or 7 pairs in 10 years, which is not bad. AND they're made in Ireland. AND they're the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. Couldn't care less what anyone thinks of them, they work for me so thats all i care...

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Thank you bruver. Touch the screen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I might get funny looks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

Wez wrote:
    I think they can look good on some girls, I have a preference for the brown ones, I've always liked brown over black. But most guys can't pull them off, you've gotta have small feet for them to look good. That's why mainly girls pull them off. I saw a group of pure southsiders (yes, I'm one myself) walking into Pizza hut the other day. Every single one of them except two (out of 12) were wearing abercombie clothes, head to.. ankle, and were either wearing Dubes or those Puma's! Then the other two guys were wearing rugby jerseys.. Was actually funny, 10 guys wearing a uniform pretty much! I mean seriously! wearing an Abercombie hoody can be cool, but that's it! then trousers are gay! (except on some girls, then they've gotta be tight on the ass :D ) But no matter who it is, nobody can wear an Abercombie hoody with Abercombie trousers. Under no circumstances! Ever!
    I agree on that wez , that abercrombie should not be worn top and bottom by the way im from d14 where abouts do u liv and wt school r u in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Decks are great. I don't think anyone knows what they are over so it's a non-issue, but when I'm in Dublin I can say that I actually /do/ sail sometimes. I've seen decks that you couldn't actually wear on a boat, which is ****ing retarded if you ask me.

I don't wear them that often anymore though 'cos I most of my trousers don't drape over the lacing (Plus I wear a suit 5 days a week). I don't like to show me lacing!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I agree on that wez , that abercrombie should not be worn top and bottom by the way im from d14 where abouts do u liv and wt school r u in?
    This isn't a chat site. PM if you wanna ask that kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Abercrombie shouldn't be worn full stop.

And decks are annoying expensive pieces of crap, they look all right with girls uniforms though, better than those chunky school shoes. guys who wear them are fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

They are sailing shoes. I do not sail. Ergo I have no need for them.

hate hate hate hate hate them ewww
    They remind me of that tragic fashion era we read about and would rather forget! my parents had them when they were young and ''cool'' waaaay back in the day [o yeah my dad was a sailor...a reeal old skool one...yes i know.....]
    Anyway, they've become so popular in my school that the principle is goin to make them compulsory from next sept. -thank god i'll be gone[hopefully!]
    She's quite a fan [even with the white soles] coz they look tidy and are 'safer' than high heels some girls wear [i personally find it harder to walk in flats]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GingerGem

do these dubes get u high or somethin cause u must be stoned to wear them, they are awful.
    Its like a cult or a disease that infects fee payin school,
    Cough! Loretto Cough cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

yer just jelous dat ur not in any loreto cough cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think there rotten lookin.. I was forced to wear a pair when i was about 10 and i remember cryin for the whole day because i hated them so much..

its worse when ya see them been worn under o neills.. lord what do people be thinking when they dress themselves... :rolleyes:

Orla, that's actually so true! You know the way you get up in the morning, get dressed, spend a minute infront of the mirror making sure what you're wearing looks good then do your hair etc. Some people have no clue! They obviously have no mirrors.. I keep thinking that whenever I see someone wearing stupid looking clothes. Anybody know that 'French' woman that walks around town singing out loud and flirting with like every guy she sees. Now, does she have a mirror? I think not.

EDIT: After receiving a pm I just wanna say I'm serious..

Murrinator.. I'll send ya a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Drive by Loreto Foxrock when all th girls are on lunch or something, and look at the AMOUNT of brown & white dubes. It's like they're tailormade for the uniform because they're the exact same colours.

They must get ****ed up during hockey or whatever when they all have to leave their dubes in the same place. Just pick up a pair that fit I suppose, they're all wearing the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

you all say they are ugly but i swear if any of you were dumped in a dublin private school and 100yoyo placed in your hand you would be wearing them within a week :p:D:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement