Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more 11th hour stuff

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

cool - me and Jazz are around for the day anyway...allthough he's gonna get a nasty shock when he gets kicked out of his lab this afternoon...hehehe

oh wait - it's you today isn't it - well good luck mate. remember, its all about the showmanship.

[This message has been edited by yossarin (edited 05-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

****ing documentation took ages! eek.gif

You know college is a mistake when you find yourself saying : "I don't have time for lunch today because I slept last night." frown.gif

Thanks for mailing me the jsdk Jazz - I installed it on a different computer earlier but no joy frown.gif The same result in the IE window, and in the startserver window. The only difference was when I ran the stopserver.bat it threw up loads of errors and didn't stop the server. confused.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

ummm okay, what's left?
    We're using JDK1.3, so it's possible your problems are because of v1.2.1.
    It definitely works on win95, win98 & win2k, but I'm not sure about ME. what are you using?

yossarin was saying something the other day about win95 and DOS environment space running out - I dunno the details but I'm sure he'll fill you in soon enough.

There was somthing about setting the initial enviroment memory of your dos win - see the readme about it. You could try that.
    Ummm, the JDK ? can you change to 1.3 ?
    what OS are you running?

tell you what - mail us the code & we'll run it - it'll be like the (very) old days where you gave in your punch cards + came back the next morning to see if it compiled wink.gif might take a day or so per compile though...

Jazz don't forget pub on tuesday.
    yossarin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Sorry, can't help, but i thought i'd say hi
    so HI
    c*

• Advertisement

I'm downloading 1.3 tonight but that couldn't be it, could it? Since the .class file you guys compile wouldn't run either confused.gif

It is a long shot, be we seemed to have tried everything else!
    The servlet software still needs to work with the JDK classes since it's just building on top of them, not replacing them. That's why I'm thinking it might be the JDK.

And even if it's not, we may as well rule it out now. Don't lose hope Blitz, we'll get there eventually! rolleyes.gif

hmmm hang on a minute, I just managed to recreate that "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletContext" error, except it came up in the startserver window instead of the browser window, as soon as it starts up, and then just as quickly it disappears (trying to catch those dos windows before they disappear is a pain in the ass!).

Anyway, I did this by removing the servlet.jar (the one that contains ServletContext.class) from the jsdk directory. It's not exactly the same problem you're having, but I suspect they're related. Double-check your paths, and I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

hey,
    [thinking positive hat on]
    in a way its a good thing that that is the error - its not in your code.

could you publish any details on:
    where you have:
    jsdk2.1
    jdk1.3
    + exactly what paths you have set in your compile and run batch files.

I am pretty sure that this is just somthing that we've overlooked.

ps jazz andy's kids are sick + i got moved back to friday.

hah! I don't think you're ever going to get that demo done.

• Advertisement

That's pretty sh!t. Are you the last one in the class Andy ?

me n' niall o' toole

it ok though - I'm happily wasting time on the GUI + not on the writeup

Yeah fu(k the writeup. that's what i say. instead of doing it i'm gonna become champ of that golf game leah-ann sent around
    ha ha

It's amazing how much time you can lose when your nephew clogs the toilet and floods the house. If there's anything less fun than mopping up toilet water - it's mopping up toilet water while it still rains down on your head frown.gif Ceiling washed and repainted, carpet cleaned and shampooed and it still smells like **** in here! frown.gif

Anyways - thank god it missed the computers. Though for all the progress I've made it might as well have. Thanks for all your help guys but I'm about ready to give up frown.gif I still get nothing but that Internal Server 500 error frown.gif

eventually got it working on one of the college machines about 20 mins before I had to demo it frown.gif Still can't get it working on either of the machines at home frown.gif

**** it! It's done now biggrin.gif

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Hmm the mystery remains unsolved...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">**** it! It's done now biggrin.gif</font>
    An excellent policy, I'm follow that one myself.
    smile.gif

I went that way in my demo... smile.gif

edit: if it worked on any other machine then it must have been some part of your setup/that jsdk..actually, f*ck it, never mind - it doesn't matter

glad to see that you're working Jazz..

[This message has been edited by yossarin (edited 30-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You lucky bastids! Hmm, just got a 10 day extension on ours...

Al.

Advertisement