Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky - List Of Companies/Services Details

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ClearviewAttics

Service Provided - Attic Conversion and Insulation
    Company Name – Clearview Attics & Insulation
    Contact Name - Barry O'Sullivan
    Address - Buncrana Donegal
    Phone Number - 086-3958636
    Email Address – clearviewattics@hotmail.com
    Web Address -
    Summary Of Experience -
    we are now offering attic stairs supplied and fitted for €200 and also €400 cash back on full attic insulation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

qazxsw wrote: »
    Service Provided - Geothermal + Underfloor Heating
    Company Name – Alternative Heating & Cooling Ltd.
    Contact Name - Mike Cotter
    Address - Church Cross, Skibereen, Co. Cork
    Phone Number - 028-23701 / 086-2397673
    Email Address – info@ahac.ie
    Web Address - www.ahac.ie
    Summary Of Experience - Have price agreed for geothermal system + ufh for 3000sq ft dormer (ufh upstairs) Eur 22482. The system incorporates a stoves a stove in the kitchen (not supplied) to supplement DHW when its lit. 17kw Waterfurnace Heat Pump (American), Antifreeze solution in collector pipes. Easy to talk to, so far so good only at subfloor level yet (17/05/05)

Service Provided - Vacuum System
    Company Name – Vacuflo
    Contact Name - ???
    Address - Callan, Kilkenny
    Phone Number - (056) 77 555 11 / 086 259 7614
    Email Address – West St., Callan, Co Kilkenny
    Web Address - www.vacuflo.ie
    Summary Of Experience - Eur 1200 for a diy kit for 3000 sq ft dormer, cyclonic system (no filter to be cleaned) - 4 outlets downstairs, one upstairs. Time will tell, only at subfloor level 17/05/05
    Alternative Heating and Cooling -

Heating system is up and running now for over two years - with no problems and bills are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mahoney.john

Service Provided -Building Contractors, Building Renovations Home Extensions
    Company Name –King Group, CES
    Contact Name -
    Address -
    Phone Number -
    Email Address –info@*************
    Summary Of Experience -They are working for over 15 years , provide prompt and free consultation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kobs15

Service Provided -
    Company Name – KTP Heating and plumbing
    Contact Name – Keith o brien
    Address – Shankill, Co Dublin
    Phone Number – 0873222792
    Email Address – keiththeplumber@live.ie
    Web Address - www.ktpplumbing.com
    Summary Of Experience – Professional service, on time and really high standards. Advanced plumber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 haranscaffoldn

hi people im going to put up my details of my company so if you need a quote for any thing you know where to reach me, id also be very interested in findin out what you thought about dealin with us,
    regards rob

scaffolding & plastering
    haranscaffolding & plastering
    rob haran
    knocks killasser
    swinford, co mayo
    086-2405769
    robharan@yahoo.co.uk
    c2 & insured
    free quote
    if you know anyone hows used us pls feel free to tell me how it went
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ramstown

Hi everyone, for a free quote on any timber home you can email your plans to Nicky Stafford in Wexford and he will get back to you within 24 hours!
    Ramstown provides a one stop shop for all your self building needs.

Company: Ramstown Timber Frame Homes
    Service: Manufacturer of Timber Frame houses, roof trusses and prefabricated flooring systems.
    Site: www.ramstowndevelopments.com
    email: info@ramstown.com
    Phone: 053 9422099
    Fax: 053 9422130
    ***Serving all areas

The site also contains tonnes of information on how you can insulate your home to meet your desired building energy rating, and the benefits of timberframe vs traditional block/brick homes. It is a valuable resource for information on timber houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

Krzysztof Krzak from Krzak Construction. He has a team of Polish builders who quite frankly were the best building workers we have ever had.

We needed:
    1/ chimney in centre of house removed
    2/ two solid brick walls removed and 2 RSJs fitted
    3/ dry lining for whole house
    4/ old utility room converted to room with dry lining, with door knocked into kitchen, insulation under new floor
    5/ new radiators fitted
    6/ bathroom suite and power shower installed
    7/ tiling in porch and bathroom
    8/ new plumbing for utility room, kitchen and bathroom
    9/ replace all pipes for central heating

He was simply superb. His start date was delayed due to other project running on, but finished exactly on time (4 weeks).

His costs were 50% of two other quotes we received form Irish builders. He was friendly, helpful, advised us on heating system, and didn't mind when we changed a few items as we went along (installation of new radiators was a last minute change).

If anyone wants more details just let me know. Have recommended this guy to family and friends and those who used him also think he was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fortuna4022

Asked Mark from Nouveau for quotes for installing 2 Triton showers to my gaf in Balbriggan; he did a very neat job and was jovial & in good humour; he also beat Applewood electrical (Gareth ?) quote by 200 euro (! :eek: !). Nouveau also bought a bath screen for me and fitted it next day for a charge of 10euro (i.e for free :D).
    I highly recommend Mark and Nouveau bathrooms for fitting of Triton showers; I had 2X T90xrs installed - cost 1200 for showers & installation, 139 for bath screen and 10 for fitting the screen (plus 2 cups of coffee for Mark and a pizza slice for Wayne :pac:, who is his fitting hand / helper).

:):):):):):):)
    (ps. the triton's seem great for reducing the ESB bill by not using immersion).
    Nouveau Bathrooms Ltd
    Balbriggan
    Co Dublin
    Ray Darling 0879505130

Used these for the supply and fit of my bathroom. Live in Donore co meath. They came out looked at the job and done the whole supply and fit thing. was quite happy with all the work and quote. Not to sure who runs the company but I delt with Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rara1

Service Provided - Lime Rendering, repointing.
    Company Name –Declan O'Riordan Construction
    Contact Name - Declan O'Riordan
    Address -Co Wicklow
    Phone Number - 086-0383498
    Email Address –
    mail@declanoriordan.com
    Web Address - www.declanoriordan.com
    Summary Of Experience -
    [FONT=Helvetica, Book Antiqua, Garamond]"I have experience of Declans work in several areas. He has completed all contracts on time and maintains high standards. Declan's approach is both professio[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Book Antiqua, Garamond]nal and flexible. He works efficiently in teams and as in individual. He has shown capability to resource manage and motivate staff for complex jobs. He adopts a positive demeanour, shows integrity but does not set unrealistic expectations. I have no hesitation in recommending him.”[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Service Provided -Alarm Service/ Security Audit
    Company Name – Altor
    Contact Name -Jason Flynn
    Address - Maynooth
    Phone Number - 0879174104
    Email Address –info@altor.ie
    Web Address - www.altor.ie
    Summary Of Experience -

I invited Jason of Altor to service my alarm on foot of this thread. He serviced my crusty old Homeguard alarm to great satisfaction. I can't recommend him highly enough. This is how service used to be / should be!

I wanted to re-secure the house to some level while avoiding the cost of upgrade for now Jason rolled in with that 100% -no heavy selling of a new system.

He knew this alarm intimately. He listened carefully to every concern and dumb question(!), tutored me on some self-service aspects of the alarm and getting the best out of the alarm functions. He also provided me with old manuals.

Unprompted, Jason also toured the house with me identifying other security improvements; window stay locks, locking down ladders, alarm stickers, key control, security lights.

Ten out of ten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

Service Provided - Door Handles and Architectural Ironmongery
    Company Name –Proline Hardware
    Address -10 Jamestown Ind Centre,Inchicore
    Phone Number -01-4536633
    Email Address – sales@prolinehardware.ie
    Web Address - www.prolinehardware.ie
    Summary Of Experience -Supply of domestic and commercial ironmongery projects

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭randombar

Service Provided - Valve and Pump Supplier
    Company Name – ESI
    Address - Dunkettle, Cork
    Phone Number - 021 4510900
    Email Address – sales@esi.ie
    Web Address - Valves and Pumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dpjobrien

Service Provided - Chartered Building Surveyors, Land Surveyors & Project Management
    Company Name – McGovern Surveyors
    Address - 59 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
    Phone Number - 01 661 03920
    Email Address – info@mcgovernsurveyors.ie
    Web Address - www.mcgovernsurveyors.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bojaka

Service Provided -TILING, PAINTING, WALLPAPERS, PLASTERING, PLUMBING, GUTTERING, GARDENS, TIMBER FLOORS, DOORS, BATHROOM REMODELING, HANDYMAN SERVICES
    Company NameDARKOFIX
    Contact Name -DARKO
    Address -LUCAN, CO DUBLIN
    Phone Number -0879036096
    Email AddressDARKOFIX@YAHOO.IE
    Web Address - WWW.DARKOFIX.IE
    Summary Of Experience -MORE THAN 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE, EXELLENT REFERENCES, GUARANTEES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

Service Provided - Home Insulation Services
    Company Name – InsulateYourHome.ie
    Contact Name - Kevin ????? (not sure of second name)
    Address - Leixlip, Co. Kildare
    Phone Number - 087-9113837
    Email Addressinfo@insulateyouhome.ie
    Web Address - http://www.insulateyourhome.ie
    Summary Of Experience - I recently availed of these guys services. I opted for the cavity wall & attic insulation. I can't speak as to how good it is yet, will know more in the winter but my mate who got it done last year, his house is pretty much unbearably hot when he has the heating going. With the grant, it didn't cost me that much either, having said that I only have a small bungalow but if my mate's experience is anything to go by, this should pay for itself in a few years. I also see that the do a special offer that if you and your neighbour get the insulaton done at the same time, they will give you both 10% off the price aswell. Unfortunately, I was not able to pursuade mine:-( Anyways, I was happy with the whole experience, they came when they said they would and didn't make a huge mess. Would recommend to anyone, which I suppose I am really doing now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Valeah

Service Provided - Self Storage
    Company Name – Selfstorageunits.ie
    Contact Name - Martin Kealey
    Address - Clonminam Business park, Portloaise, Co. Laois
    Phone Number - +353 (057) 8665005
    Email Addressmartin@midlandscontainerdepot.ie
    Web Address - www.selfstorageunits.ie
    Summary Of Experience: We use the self storage for our excess office docs and files. Reasonably priced and convenient for us. Located close to the Cork Dublin roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HouseRefurb

Any chance you could forward on the contact details of Krzak?
    Also, can you give me an idea how much all that work cost?
    macuser56 wrote: »
    Krzysztof Krzak from Krzak Construction. He has a team of Polish builders who quite frankly were the best building workers we have ever had.

We needed:
    4/ old utility room converted to room with dry lining, with door knocked into kitchen, insulation under new floor
    5/ new radiators fitted

He was simply superb. His start date was delayed due to other project running on, but finished exactly on time (4 weeks).

His costs were 50% of two other quotes we received form Irish builders. He was friendly, helpful, advised us on heating system, and didn't mind when we changed a few items as we went along (installation of new radiators was a last minute change).

If anyone wants more details just let me know. Have recommended this guy to family and friends and those who used him also think he was excellent.

Service Provided - Serviced Offices Cork
    Company Name – Web Works Cork
    Contact Name - Niall Harris
    Address - Webworks Cork, Eglinton St., Cork, Ireland
    Phone Number - +353 21 4320 000
    Email Address – web@webworkscork.com
    Web Address - www.webworkscork.com
    The Enterprise Ireland Webworks is a fully serviced office facility in the city centre developed for the benefit of services focussed small and medium enterprises (SMEs) trading internationally from Cork. The facility offers 3,300 square metres of enterprise space broken up into 36 distinct units with a capacity to accommodate up to 450 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 joolsthedog

What a great idea, it will save a lot of legwork and is experiential by design

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 c2010d

Service Provided - Extension
    Company Name – Fergus Fegan Construction Ltd
    Contact Name - Fergus Fegan
    Address - 45 Priory Road, Harolds Cross, D6W
    Phone Number - 086 821 21 95
    Email Address – info@fergusfeganconstruction.com
    Web Address - http://www.fergusfeganconstruction.com
    Summary Of Experience: We found Fergus straight talking and very upfront re costings. Although he didnt come in at the cheapest cost we felt we trusted him the most out of all the quotes we got. The job came in two weeks early and the attention to detail was amazing : ) Very pleased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Chase Manhattan

We needed:
    5/ new radiators fitted

Hi there. would really appreciate details too

Thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MsTea

Dubhelp wrote: »
    Hi,

I have mention this in other sections of boards.ie We got so annoyed with Tradepeople not returning calls, making excuses turning up late, not turning up at all that we developed www.mytrade.ie Reading through the threads here remind me of all the gray hairs that we grew after building what must have been a world record length of site.

Essentially what we wanted to do was allow people become a project manager from their computer. They can now book a tradesman.

PLease have a look your thoughts would be appreciated. It is so frustrating when you dont have other numbers to call, thats why we did it.
    I've tried getting trades people from that site and have yet to have anyone reply. So imo it's as bad as any trades person normally is but it's online!

Service Provided - Online Butcher
    Company Name – The Premium Butcher
    Contact Name - Orla Murphy
    Address - Carrolls Cross, Kilmacthomas, Waterford
    Phone Number - 0818 365 444
    Email Address – info@thepremiumbutcher.ie
    Web Address - http://www.thepremiumbutcher.ie
    Online Butcher Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 c2010d

If anyone is looking for an excellent on line butcher in Dublin I use:

Johns Meat Company
    Unit 2. Castlegate, Oliver Plunkett Road
    Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Tel: + 01 230 36 02
    Tel: + 353 86 816 2473
    web: http://www.johnsmeatco.ie

The value for money is great and they are always doing special offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BUNSONE

We needed:
    5/ new radiators fitted

new to this so can you let me know how i can get the contact details for this construction company thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Service Provided - painting contractor
    Company Name – byrybak.com painting solutions
    Contact Name - Paul Rybak
    Address - Lucan
    Phone Number - 0857124092
    Email Address – byrybak@gmail.com
    Web Address - www.byrybak.com

Service Provided - Cork Builder
    Company Name – McCarthy Quality Homes
    Contact Name - Cian McCarthy
    Address - Nohoval
    Phone Number - 087 2421490
    Email Address – cmccarthy@mqh.ie
    Web Address - Cork Builders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mccarre4

Service Provided - Lighting Sales
    Company Name – Mullan Lighting
    Contact Name - Mike
    Address - Mullan Village Emyvale, Monaghan
    Phone Number - 047 86564
    Email Address – mail@mullanlighing.com
    Web Address - www.mullanlighting.com
    Summary Of Experience -
    Supplied all decorative ligh fitting for my house. All itema were made of solid brass and then treated to change colour to what I wanted, which varied from antiqued to chrome, so the fitting are very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ThePriest

I've used GETAJOBDONE to find a Tradesman to convert my attic and it was excellent.
    I'm planning on having more work done shortly and will be using it again.
    Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

Service Provided - new internal doors, new back door, shed doors
    Contact Name - Paul Dunne
    Address - South East and Leinster
    Phone Number - 087 636 4197
    Summary Of Experience - Paul is a pro. He installed new internal doors a few years ago (all perfect and no problems) and then fitted a new back door last month. He also made new shed doors for garden sheds.
    He is good value, excellent craftsman and he seems to cover Dublin and the south east. Well worth a call for any doors, decking, woodwork, and general DIY. Would highly recommend. Drop me a PM if anyone needs info.

Advertisement